Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    Christian tolerance at it's best
    you go to iran or saudi arabia and then you tell me were not tolerant
    Last edited by actsnoblemartin; 07-02-2008 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

muslim ass kissing, brown nosing, apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    This reminds me of another topic i saw on DP relating to a boy being abused by his teacher, but does this teacher stand for all Muslims? No. What if we change the story a lil, say the country is america and the teacher is christain, the teacher sees a pupil spiting on a cross bearing Christ, and then the teacher hits the pupil. Is the teacher representing the religion in this case? or is he representing himself?

Obviosly any case involving beating children is horrid, and there is no excuse, but blame the man, the flawed human being, not the religion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    you go to iran or saudi arabia and then you tell me were not tolerant

I don't want too.I don't like Muslim culture, I am an athiest, not a hypocrite.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    understandable, but it wouldn't have happened in school and the guy would be charged with assault against a minor and something would be done about it and you would have other Christians condemning what he did, especially to a child.
    But if you look at the link it goes on to say
    Taking knowledge of the facts, local associations have unreservedly condemned this act of violence unworthy of a teacher is supposed to set a good example.
    and
    In addition, a committee of the provincial delegation of Education in Tetouan was dispatched Tuesday, April 25 at the scene to investigate the case. Similarly, the prosecutor general of the Court of Appeal Tetouan gave his instructions to determine the ins and outs of this dark history.
    So he is being investigated over this and previous times were this teacher has crossed the line.

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin
    muslim ass kissing, brown nosing, apologist
    Are you going to debate or just throw insults at me?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This reminds me of another topic i saw on DP relating to a boy being abused by his teacher, but does this teacher stand for all Muslims? No. What if we change the story a lil, say the country is america and the teacher is christain, the teacher sees a pupil spiting on a cross bearing Christ, and then the teacher hits the pupil. Is the teacher representing the religion in this case? or is he representing himself?

Obviosly any case involving beating children is horrid, and there is no excuse, but blame the man, the flawed human being, not the religion.
    Believe me, I am the first person to view issues this way (i.e. from a perspective of cultural objectivity and with the use of caution when stereotyping a large group of people based on the actions of a single individual), but it's getting to the point where a story like this comes out of the Middle East every other day. It's not an "individual" problem, it's a cultural one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Someone should introduce her to the multitude of kids raped by Catholic priests.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

As it turned out, pedophiles were attracted to the Church, because it gave them great access to children, from a position of trust and power.

Catholic kids were raped because they were subject to the sick needs of pedophiles. Not because they stepped on the priests' robes, or knocked over a chalice.

Yes, there are bad people everywhere. But these two situations are simply not analogous.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 07-03-2008 at 12:42 PM.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Believe me, I am the first person to view issues this way (i.e. from a perspective of cultural objectivity and with the use of caution when stereotyping a large group of people based on the actions of a single individual), but it's getting to the point where a story like this comes out of the Middle East every other day. It's not an "individual" problem, it's a cultural one.
    But its not coming out 'everyother day' infact this story is from April 2006, just becasue stories are being reported or debated around the same time does not mean they they are increasing ect. they were reported and delt with localy at the time.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

But its not coming out 'everyother day' infact this story is from April 2006, just becasue stories are being reported or debated around the same time does not mean they they are increasing ect. they were reported and delt with localy at the time.
    Is that so? Well then, tell us how was it "dealt with locally". What punishment did the jerk receive? How was the innocent little girl compensated? What condemnations and deterrents did they put in place to prevent future beatings, especially of females?

-Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Is that so? Well then, tell us how was it "dealt with locally". What punishment did the jerk receive? How was the innocent little girl compensated? What condemnations and deterrents did they put in place to prevent future beatings, especially of females?
    I don't know how it was dealt with, but it makes clear in the link that
    In addition, a committee of the provincial delegation of Education in Tetouan was dispatched Tuesday, April 25 at the scene to investigate the case. Similarly, the prosecutor general of the Court of Appeal Tetouan gave his instructions to determine the ins and outs of this dark history.
    I don't know the result of the committes or Prosecutoring Generals enquiries, and wouldn't know where to look to find them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I don't know how it was dealt with, but it makes clear in the link that

I don't know the result of the committes or Prosecutoring Generals enquiries, and wouldn't know where to look to find them.
    The point is, none of us know how it was dealt with, if at all. We only have a couple of sentences stating that it will be looked into. It is entirely possible that nothing was done. Therefore, it was misleading at best for you to claim that it was "dealt with" as though some kind of justice had been served. It could very easily have been window dressing by the local authorities, with no plan to ever actually punish the guy or compensate the girl.

Mostly, it's sad that you would be so quick to put a positive spin on something so deplorable.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Is it possible that this was the action of an individual and not an entire religion?

Andrea Yates drowned her five kids in a bathtub because God told her to. Is this an indictment of the entire Christian faith?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Is it possible that this was the action of an individual and not an entire religion?

Andrea Yates drowned her five kids in a bathtub because God told her to. Is this an indictment of the entire Christian faith?
    Islamic apologist parrot...... you're moving up.. err down, way down. You do realize Islamist murder your fag buddies and treat their women like shit, don't you?
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

Andrea Yates is nuts you dumb ass.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

What makes you think she was nuts? God told her to do it.
    God has actually been busy lately -- he told a woman in Dallas to chop off her kid's arms, told another Texas guy to put his baby in a microwave, told a woman in Missouri to throw her child off a bridge.
    Christianity is getting mighty dangerous, is it not?