Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    What makes you think she was nuts? God told her to do it.
    God has actually been busy lately -- he told a woman in Dallas to chop off her kid's arms, told another Texas guy to put his baby in a microwave, told a woman in Missouri to throw her child off a bridge.
    Christianity is getting mighty dangerous, is it not?
    yah, but they're doing it to their own kids, not someone else's. big dif gabs
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The point is, none of us know how it was dealt with, if at all. We only have a couple of sentences stating that it will be looked into. It is entirely possible that nothing was done. Therefore, it was misleading at best for you to claim that it was "dealt with" as though some kind of justice had been served.
    True, looking back on it i was out of place to assume it had been 'delt with' as none of us know, but you must also accept that by the same token yuo can not claim nothing was done, for as you can say "It is entirely possible that nothing was done" i can say "It is entirely possible that somthing was done" so it would be a debate of ignorance.

It could very easily have been window dressing by the local authorities, with no plan to ever actually punish the guy or compensate the girl.
    Again yuo can't prove yuor side and i can't prove mine, unless someone finds the outcome which is highly unlikly.

Mostly, it's sad that you would be so quick to put a positive spin on something so deplorable.
    As i said this was a horrid act, and i was in no way defending the man for his actions, i was however defending the religion, as you can not judge a religion by the crazines of individuals, there are over a billion muslims in the world, to judge them and their religion by the acts of this man is wholey ignorant.

It was also brought up that this is 'in their culture' so i took extracts from the passage saying that action would be taken and his past looked into, hardly the actions of a culture that would accept this kind of act.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    As i said this was a horrid act, and i was in no way defending the man for his actions, i was however defending the religion, as you can not judge a religion by the crazines of individuals, there are over a billion muslims in the world, to judge them and their religion by the acts of this man is wholey ignorant.

It was also brought up that this is 'in their culture' so i took extracts from the passage saying that action would be taken and his past looked into, hardly the actions of a culture that would accept this kind of act.
    It's true that we don't know the outcome. But I have seen and read about enough atrocities towards women in Afghanistan, etc., to believe that the Islamic culture often treats its women with less respect and care than its farm animals. It's essentially institutionalized abuse. Sharia (sp?) law is an abomination for women. The countries where women have even a prayer of being treated fairly, are the ones where Islamic clerics are not running the show.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If this story isn't completely true there are enough that are. It must be a bitch to know that the woman you lay down with at night would rather be somewhere else. They must not have much ego over there.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    What makes you think she was nuts? God told her to do it.
    God has actually been busy lately -- he told a woman in Dallas to chop off her kid's arms, told another Texas guy to put his baby in a microwave, told a woman in Missouri to throw her child off a bridge.
    Christianity is getting mighty dangerous, is it not?
    Hmmm!!!!

Let's see! If someone was to use the above as an argument that there was no God, would it have any merit?

Hmmm!!! If someone actually believed the above were true would they be insane?

Better yet, if someone used it on Debate Policy dot com to make a point that Christianity did not exist or was the instigator of brutal acts, simply because some quacks said they were talked to by God, well................LOL.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Nothing in the link has disproved the story.
    The link is for the the lier and hypocrites

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by my3001 View Post
    The link is for the the lier and hypocrites
    Suuuure it is.

Now run along.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

This board abounds in singular episodes that seek to gain scorn from the masses. A lot of it plays up cultural differences.

There are many Christian factions in the U.S. and abroad that don't exactly give Western religion a positive light.
    You have the group in New Mexico that, before it was raided, believed that all girls reaching puberty had to be raped by each single male in the community.
    Some snake-handling groups force their kids to play with venomous reptiles. If they are bitten, it signifies that the child was "impure."
    You have the Amish, modern day Puritans, various LDS offshoots, radical Christian groups and the like who believe they have the right to establish their own rules.

We don't need hate. We need understanding.