Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Most in my generation do not have a clue what real music is

A beat is not music. Its a beat.

Music is making lyrics, not nigger, ho, shoot a cop, do drugs, make money.

That is how thugs act, that is how evil people with no morals act.

As ive said before this is not about race, acting ghetto is not where you live or what color you are, it is acting like a thug, and immorally.

Rap music is garbage, and my generation doesnt understand what actual lyrics are, rythem, bass drums,not just one repetive beat, that any moron could make.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

rap music is rapidly dropping in popularity. thank god. its time to RAP IT UP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    rap music is rapidly dropping in popularity. thank god. its time to RAP IT UP
    I don't know whether I agree or disagree. I think that it's evolving. It's still a very new artform so I think that when it changes, it changes as a whole so what you might view as a "dropping in popularity" is actually a genre-wide shift towards something else. In the last few years I've noticed a lot of rap songs that have rap on top of an older song by an "old school" artist like Phil Collins or someone like that. There have also been a lot of tracks made that feature a rapper and another artist from a different genre such as country, classical, etc. I think with so much of that, the genre has shifted as a whole and now we're hearing a lot more "songs" rather than just tracks that sound like rap beats. That stuff is still being made, but what's popular has shifted in the other direction.
    One good thing is that a lot of the old school "gansta" rap is losing popularity to artists like P-Diddy, JayZ, Andre Benjamin, Ludacris, R. Kelly and those type guys who are taking the emphasis of their music away from the message of violence that a lot of rap used to promote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

now ill take motown anyday over rap. that was music !!!! I don't hear rap on any of the local stations here anymore. it dead.

[youtube]Q9luQ-yerVc[/youtube]

one of the best singing voices ive ever heard. the late barry white

[youtube]BXvHRnGe940[/youtube]

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Thats why i'm a Mod, so much of my generations music is crap (but each unto their own) bring back the 60's s'what i say
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Thats why i'm a Mod, so much of my generations music is crap (but each unto their own) bring back the 60's s'what i say
    ok here's the 60's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I don't know whether I agree or disagree. I think that it's evolving. It's still a very new artform so I think that when it changes, it changes as a whole so what you might view as a "dropping in popularity" is actually a genre-wide shift towards something else. In the last few years I've noticed a lot of rap songs that have rap on top of an older song by an "old school" artist like Phil Collins or someone like that. There have also been a lot of tracks made that feature a rapper and another artist from a different genre such as country, classical, etc. I think with so much of that, the genre has shifted as a whole and now we're hearing a lot more "songs" rather than just tracks that sound like rap beats. That stuff is still being made, but what's popular has shifted in the other direction.
    One good thing is that a lot of the old school "gansta" rap is losing popularity to artists like P-Diddy, JayZ, Andre Benjamin, Ludacris, R. Kelly and those type guys who are taking the emphasis of their music away from the message of violence that a lot of rap used to promote.
    That's what I've noticed too. Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson songs with rap over it. It's heading in the right direction, imo.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Speaking of music in general, i just bought the debute album [Rockferry] from 'Duffy' some pretty funky shizzle on it.

Not sure if any of ya's will have herd of her yet state side

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE2orthS3TQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE2orthS3TQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It's "art" like a crucifix in urine is art. The "artist" basically has little or no talent, has zero classical education in the medium, and by creating something of shock value, finds a willing audience. This same audience will cheer during a ball game fight, a freeway pile-up, or simulated sex on during a high school dance.

If you look back at the successful musicians back in the 60's, you will find that many where well educated, good students, and grew up singing in churches and high school plays.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    It's "art" like a crucifix in urine is art. The "artist" basically has little or no talent, has zero classical education in the medium, and by creating something of shock value, finds a willing audience. This same audience will cheer during a ball game fight, a freeway pile-up, or simulated sex on during a high school dance.

If you look back at the successful musicians back in the 60's, you will find that many where well educated, good students, and grew up singing in churches and high school plays.
    You'll find the same thing with many of today's rap artists. (shrug) You'd be surprised how many of them are classically trained musicians and/or went to private schools. Make no mistake, there are thugs in the business, but they're the minority. Gangsta rap isn't as popular as the positive stuff so the positive stuff is what's taking over. You shouldn't let racism keep you from enjoying some good music when you hear it. If you just can't stomach the thought of listening to blacks rap then you should try The Streets. He's a Brit rapper named Michael Skinner.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4A8T4lVu074&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4A8T4lVu074&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cr4TpXqlPhI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cr4TpXqlPhI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/upraJDHBgt4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/upraJDHBgt4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 05-16-2008 at 09:34 AM.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

....You shouldn't let racism keep you from enjoying some good music when you hear it. ....

Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

You'll find the same thing with many of today's rap artists. (shrug) You'd be surprised how many of them are classically trained musicians and/or went to private schools. Make no mistake, there are thugs in the business, but they're the minority. Gangsta rap isn't as popular as the positive stuff so the positive stuff is what's taking over. You shouldn't let racism keep you from enjoying some good music when you hear it. If you just can't stomach the thought of listening to blacks rap then you should try The Streets. He's a Brit rapper named Michael Skinner.

Lawl, the streets, i detest them, Dead ringers did a good take on them

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CPZ_uoinhD8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CPZ_uoinhD8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    Last edited by Noir; 05-16-2008 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post

Unbelievable.
    Oh f*ck off. You compared rap music to a crucifix submerged in urine. You deserved it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Lawl, the streets, i detest them, Dead ringers did a good take on them
    That's a pretty funny impersonation. You can't deny that The Streets have some catchy tunes though. I'm not looking for something to live my life by, just something fun to listen to while I'm driving. (shrug) Different strokes for different folks I guess. "Detest" is a comically strong word to use when it comes to any music other than Maroon 5. Although for them I specifically use the phrase "physically nauseating."
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 05-16-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Oh f*ck off. You compared rap music to a crucifix submerged in urine. You deserved it.
    An intelligent person would have commented on that then. You've really reduced yourself to Cro-Magnon by calling me a racist. You obviously have Obamitus.

Explain to me how my referenced post was racist. Or how any of my posts were. Or lose whatever credibility that you once had.