Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Does anybody really think McCain has a chance?

Consider:

• He's old...too old to be president. He's 72 years old, and it's been 72 hard years, including years of torture and deprivation in a North Vietnamese prison camp. McCain has already shown that he's not as sharp mentally as he used to be. This is not a criticism of McCain; you just lose vitality and mental alertness as you get older.
    • The country has turned against the Republicans, largely as a result of the incompetence and stupidity of the Bush administration. American voters prefer the Democrats to the Republicans by something like 50% to 32%. On the top 10 leading issues, voters indicate they have more confidence in the Democrats in 8 of the 10 categories.
    • Americans have rendered their judgment on Bush's Iraq war and 71% of the country now says we never should have gone in there. McCain is promising to continue prosecuting Bush's insane war and to carry on the disastrous Bush foreign policy. Is anybody going to vote for him (outside of hard-core Republicans) because of this?
    • Bob Barr is running as the Libertarian Party candidate. Many conservatives have never been that crazy about McCain, because they feel he doesn't represent the conservative viewpoint. Now, Bob Barr gives these conservatives a reason not to vote for McCain.

Does anybody really think McCain can win?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd take a half brain dead chimpanzee over Obama.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think both Hillary and Obama can be beaten, particularly if the Dems don't find a way to make them share the ticket.....in that instance I think McCain is almost a sure thing.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes he has a chance

Obama is a racist - by his own words in the books he wrote

He has friends like the racist Wright and the terrorist Ayers

His wife continues to stick her foot in her mouth

Barry has a shit fit over Pres Bush's speech. A speech where no Dem was mentioned, and nothing said about Barry. Seems Barry the appeaser felt he had to defend himself

Barry wants over $2 trillion in nes taxes, and about $*00 billion in new spending

Barry wants Judges on the USSC who "stand up for the little guy" and NOT rule on law or what is in the US Constitution

Barry's health care plan cover illegals. So in addition to drivers licenses and in sates college tutition now US taxpayers have to pay for their government provided health ins

Barry wants tens of billions in nes taxes on oli companies. He says that will bring the price at the pump down. HE is opposed to drilling for then oil sitting in the ground in Alaska, in the Gulf, out West, of off the West coast. He is opposed to coal, and nuclera power. How the hell will he make us energy independent?

Need more reason why McCAin does have a chance?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Consider:

• He's old...too old to be president. He's 72 years old, and it's been 72 hard years, including years of torture and deprivation in a North Vietnamese prison camp. McCain has already shown that he's not as sharp mentally as he used to be. This is not a criticism of McCain; you just lose vitality and mental alertness as you get older.
    • The country has turned against the Republicans, largely as a result of the incompetence and stupidity of the Bush administration. American voters prefer the Democrats to the Republicans by something like 50% to 32%. On the top 10 leading issues, voters indicate they have more confidence in the Democrats in 8 of the 10 categories.
    • Americans have rendered their judgment on Bush's Iraq war and 71% of the country now says we never should have gone in there. McCain is promising to continue prosecuting Bush's insane war and to carry on the disastrous Bush foreign policy. Is anybody going to vote for him (outside of hard-core Republicans) because of this?
    • Bob Barr is running as the Libertarian Party candidate. Many conservatives have never been that crazy about McCain, because they feel he doesn't represent the conservative viewpoint. Now, Bob Barr gives these conservatives a reason not to vote for McCain.

Yes, I think he has a chance, for the reasons RSR cites: if Obama becomes very, very unattractive to most of America. We've been badly burned by Bush and won't want someone who looks to be a weirdo.

• I don't think the age thing is a problem. America is aging, and we aren't likely to reject him for our own prime characteristic. Older is better, right?
    • The Iraq war really is a problem, however. And he isn't able to back off the position: yesterday he was saying he'd let the fighting go on AT LEAST 4 more years!!!!!! Wildly unattractive.
    • Bob Barr is indeed a problem. Most people voting for him will be Republicans, I would suppose.
    • The furor of the Democratic primary race is because this is the REAL race --------- whoever wins will be president, they think, and they may well be right, IMO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    Yes, I think he has a chance, for the reasons RSR cites: if Obama becomes very, very unattractive to most of America. We've been badly burned by Bush and won't want someone who looks to be a weirdo.

• I don't think the age thing is a problem. America is aging, and we aren't likely to reject him for our own prime characteristic. Older is better, right?
    • The Iraq war really is a problem, however. And he isn't able to back off the position: yesterday he was saying he'd let the fighting go on AT LEAST 4 more years!!!!!! Wildly unattractive.
    • Bob Barr is indeed a problem. Most people voting for him will be Republicans, I would suppose.
    • The furor of the Democratic primary race is because this is the REAL race --------- whoever wins will be president, they think, and they may well be right, IMO.
    The Dems are playing the age card, they are pissing off some senior citizens

Yes, libs want to surrender to terrorists (their reaction to Pres Bush's speech shows they know they are in trouble on that issue) and appease them

Barr is a minor issue - but libs have Nadar to deal with again

Dems are still ripping into each other, and hard feelings will linger on into November

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post

Dems are still ripping into each other, and hard feelings will linger on into November

But this is the thing, RSR:

It doesn't matter if there are hard feelings.

It matters who wins.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope. There's no stopping an upcoming Dem prezidency. Short of Obama whipping out his d*ck and jangling it around on live tv I don't see him getting beaten by old-balls McCain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But this is the thing, RSR:

It doesn't matter if there are hard feelings.

It matters who wins.
    and with this lastest blowup by thin skinned Dems - they are helping McCain

Barry is losing key voter blocks and is not making progress

Keep ripping each other Mundame - I love it

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Consider:

As usual your point of view is fueled by emotion not logic.

1. Keep up with the age and POW slamming, please. It will be very effective at steering seniors and vets away from Barry.
    2. Same with the Bush and Iraq war bashing. Although the average voter IQ is 100, its not too difficult to tell when the Mike Moore mentality has taken over.
    3. Barr is actually a plus for McCain. He’s got an attractive platform that will force McCain to move right, attracting fical Conservatives back to the GOP. His social and foreign policy Libertarian views will attract a certain percentage of Democrats who would otherwise hold their nose and vote for Obama.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Keep ripping each other Mundame - I love it

Sounds like you are implying I'm a Dem.

I'm now an Independent and I've never been a Dem.

I was a moderate Republican all my life. That worked out fine till Bush screwed up my country.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mundame: No, older is not better. Being President of the United States is an extremely demanding job. Look at how it's aged every person who's held the position recently.

Being President requires vigor, energy, alertness, and flexibility.

I think John McCain would've made a good president in 2000, and it's a shame he was beaten out by Bush.

But now it's 2008 and McCain's window of opportunity has closed. He's too old now to handle the rigors of the position.

I think he's fine in the Senate, which is far less demanding than the Oval Office.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sounds like you are implying I'm a Dem.

I'm now an Independent and I've never been a Dem.

I was a moderate Republican all my life. That worked out fine till Bush screwed up my country.
    You have some liberalsim in you. Much my GF.

If this is what you called a screwed up country - please give me more. I voted for Pres Bush in 2004 for 2 reasons

4 more years of tax cuts and dead terrorists

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mundame: No, older is not better. Being President of the United States is an extremely demanding job. Look at how it's aged every person who's held the position recently.
    Wait, be fair, GW ------------------ EIGHT YEARS has aged everyone who has held the office recently! Eight years IS eight years.

Being President requires vigor, energy, alertness, and flexibility.
    Did you see that ad with McCain's 93-year-old mother? She's absolutely fine, alert, vigorous, says he was just the sweetest child............

Very attractive ad. Even I was reassured, and I don't mean to vote for him!

I think John McCain would've made a good president in 2000, and it's a shame he was beaten out by Bush.
    Oh, you think that's a shame??

Many would agree.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You have some liberalsim in you. Much my GF.

Ask her to come back. I liked her, too.