Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Obama Scares Seniors On Social Security

Barry Obama tried to turn the tables on his critics, saying they were guilty of “bluster” and “dishonest, divisive” tactics. Bush and McCain Are ‘Fear Mongering’

Barry now does it to seniors can do it. Hasn't this idiot figured out you can't accuse some one of doing some thing one day and then turn around and do it yourself the next day?

Oh, he is a liberal - so he can do it, and the liberal media will back him up

Obama warns seniors on Social Security

May 18 04:17 PM US/Eastern
    By MIKE GLOVER
    Associated Press Writer

GRESHAM, Ore. (AP) - Democrat Barack Obama told seniors Sunday that Republican John McCain would threaten the Social Security that they and millions like them depend on because he supports privatizing the program.
    Obama turned to a bedrock, pocketbook issue as he spoke to about 130 people at an assisted living facility and sought to tie the GOP's presidential nominee-in-waiting to an unpopular President Bush on an issue that motivates seniors.

"Let me be clear, privatizing Social Security was a bad idea when George W. Bush proposed it, it's a bad idea today," Obama said. "That's why I stood up against this plan in the Senate and that's why I won't stand for it as president."

Bush proposed a Social Security plan in 2005 that focused on creating private accounts for younger workers, but it never came up for a vote in Congress. Democrats strongly opposed the idea and few Republicans embraced it.

Obama said McCain would push to raise the retirement age for collecting Social Security benefits or trim annual cost-of-living increases. Obama has rejected both ideas as solutions to the funding crisis projected for Social Security in favor of making higher-income workers pay more into the system.

"We have to protect Social Security for future generations without pushing the burden onto seniors who have earned the right to retire in dignity," he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...cle=1&catnum=0

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and yet in nearly all the national polls, Obama leads McCain and his lead is growing. I guess he's figured out what issues are important to seniors!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    and yet in nearly all the national polls, Obama leads McCain and his lead is growing. I guess he's figured out what issues are important to seniors!
    You are such a liar. Todays Gallup tracking has Barry with a one point lead

Give it up Bob, and stop the lies

Now back to the topic

There is nothing wrong with offering people OPTIONS. Barry, as a liberal, I finds that to be offensive. It reduces the power Dems have over seniors

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    You are such a liar. Todays Gallup tracking has Barry with a one point lead

Give it up Bob, and stop the lies

Now back to the topic

There is nothing wrong with offering people OPTIONS. Barry, as a liberal, I finds that to be offensive. It reduces the power Dems have over seniors
    No lies here at all. Gallup has Obama up and previously, McCain had been leading... and nearly every other tracking poll not only shows Obama leading, but shows that his lead is increasing. I would suggest that he has figured out how to use social security to solidify his support among seniors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No lies here at all. Gallup has Obama up and previously, McCain had been leading... and nearly every other tracking poll not only shows Obama leading, but shows that his lead is increasing. I would suggest that he has figured out how to use social security to solidify his support among seniors.
    Still trying to derail another thread with your lies I see. Bary HAD a 7 point lead in the Quinnipac poll on 5/15 - 5/18

That lead in now gone

If you want to post your crap about Barry's "huge" lead - start a thread

Back to this threads topic...
    A privitization plan would not effect the seniors currently on social security or anyone close to that golden age.

It is, in fact, for younger Americans who would like to take the option of investing SOME of their future retirement in a plan that will grow their retirement nestegg.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

... Democrat Barack Obama told seniors Sunday that Republican John McCain would threaten the Social Security that they and millions like them depend on because he supports privatizing the program. ....
    Predictably, Democrats use this at every election, and if elected, the Republican fails yet again to toss seniors under the bus. How long are people going to believe this lie?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Predictably, Democrats use this at every election, and if elected, the Republican fails yet again to toss seniors under the bus. How long are people going to believe this lie?
    Republicans can prove what a rip-off is to younger Americans. Ignorance is the only thing that keeps Americans supporting this liberal shell game.

I doubt if Obama understands enough about economics and the markets to even understand what a rip off social SS is.
    Last edited by red states rule; 05-20-2008 at 07:34 AM.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still trying to derail another thread with your lies I see. Bary HAD a 7 point lead in the Quinnipac poll on 5/15 - 5/18

That lead in now gone

If you want to post your crap about Barry's "huge" lead - start a thread

Back to this threads topic...
    A privitization plan would not effect the seniors currently on social security or anyone close to that golden age.

It is, in fact, for younger Americans who would like to take the option of investing SOME of their future retirement in a plan that will grow their retirement nestegg.
    There is no more recent Quinnipiac poll that would indicate that his lead had decreased. Nearly every poll shows him leading with the lead increasing in that poll since the prior data point. And I like talking about it in this thread, so I will continue to do so.... especially as it relates to seniors and SS.

If privatizing social security was really such a great idea, I wonder why Bush and his republican controlled congress could not do anything about it during the first six years of the Bush administration?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There is no more recent Quinnipiac poll that would indicate that his lead had decreased. Nearly every poll shows him leading with the lead increasing in that poll since the prior data point. And I like talking about it in this thread, so I will continue to do so.... especially as it relates to seniors and SS.

If privatizing social security was really such a great idea, I wonder why Bush and his republican controlled congress could not do anything about it during the first six years of the Bush administration?
    Pres Bush tried it, and the Dems and RINOS opposed it. So far, the current Reid/Pelosi Congress have done nothing

Barry's answer is a $1 trillion tax increase

Every 4 years Dems scare seniors by telling them Republicnas are going to take their SS check - yet it never happens

As far as your lies about the polls, please stay on topic here - or are you determined to derail another thread? The current poll is at RCP

Stop the lies Bob, you are embarrassing yourself
    Last edited by red states rule; 05-20-2008 at 07:46 AM.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pres Bush tried it, and the Dems and RINOS opposed it. So far, the current Reid/Pelosi Congress have done nothing

Barry's answer is a $1 trillion tax increase

Every 4 years Dems scare seniors by telling them Republicnas are going to take their SS check - yet it never happens

As far as your lies about the polls, please stay on topic here - or are you determined to derail another thread? The current poll is at RCP

Stop the lies Bob, you are embarrassing yourself
    You are the embarrassment, RSR. There are many current polls at RCP. RCP averages polls and comes up with a number, but it is silly to compare the results of one poll on one day to another poll on the next day and try to extrapolate any "trend" information. I am not lying about anything...you are. Nearly every poll has Obama up and nearly every poll shows him with a lead that is increasing from that poll's previous data point. He is stretching out his lead over McCain and he hasn't even gotten the nomination yet. Wait til the Clinton voters start coming on board!

I would suggest that if you are going to blame inaction in congress on the democratic leadership today, that you need to be willing to blame the inaction of the congress for the first six years of the Bush administration on the republicans who were leading the congress during that time.

And if your party really thinks that democrats are fearmongering over SS, just tell the seniors that. I'm sure they'll believe you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You are the embarrassment, RSR. There are many current polls at RCP. RCP averages polls and comes up with a number, but it is silly to compare the results of one poll on one day to another poll on the next day and try to extrapolate any "trend" information. I am not lying about anything...you are. Nearly every poll has Obama up and nearly every poll shows him with a lead that is increasing from that poll's previous data point. He is stretching out his lead over McCain and he hasn't even gotten the nomination yet. Wait til the Clinton voters start coming on board!

I would suggest that if you are going to blame inaction in congress on the democratic leadership today, that you need to be willing to blame the inaction of the congress for the first six years of the Bush administration on the republicans who were leading the congress during that time.

And if your party really thinks that democrats are fearmongering over SS, just tell the seniors that. I'm sure they'll believe you.

Is is to hard for you to say on topic MFM - or are you mentally challenged?

This thread is about SS, and the Dems scaring seniors. Dems have done nothing to solve the pending trainwreck SS will cause the economy - can you talk about that?

Come on Bob, I am sure you have "facts" you have not used yet

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Republicans can prove what a rip-off is to younger Americans. Ignorance is the only thing that keeps Americans supporting this liberal shell game.

I doubt if Obama understands enough about economics and the markets to even understand what a rip off social SS is.

Since when do Democrats even pretend to understand SS? They just say that it needs to be "fully funded" and that Republcans will toss seniors to the curb.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Since when do Democrats even pretend to understand SS? They just say that it needs to be "fully funded" and that Republcans will toss seniors to the curb.
    The last thing Dems want is for people to assume responsibility for their retirement. It would cripple their power they have over seniors

Younger workers WANT to invest their SS money in the stock market. They know full well they will be better off when they retire

But Dems want the power and could care less people would be better off

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is is to hard for you to say on topic MFM - or are you mentally challenged?

This thread is about SS, and the Dems scaring seniors. Dems have done nothing to solve the pending trainwreck SS will cause the economy - can you talk about that?

Come on Bob, I am sure you have "facts" you have not used yet
    when I think of all the threads of mine that you ruined by failing to address the question at hand, this morning's little discussion is cause for laughter.

Republicans had six years to fix SS.... a republican in the white house...republican control of both houses of congress.... why didn't THEY fix it and why don't you criticize THEM?

SS will get fixed when there is political will on both sides of the aisle to come together and craft a bipartisan solution. Until then, it's all just posturing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

when I think of all the threads of mine that you ruined by failing to address the question at hand, this morning's little discussion is cause for laughter.

Republicans had six years to fix SS.... a republican in the white house...republican control of both houses of congress.... why didn't THEY fix it and why don't you criticize THEM?

SS will get fixed when there is political will on both sides of the aisle to come together and craft a solution. Until then, it's all just posturing.
    I did. Dems and RINOS would not do what is needed

Again, where is the Dems answer after nearly 2 years?

Barry says a $1 trillion tax increase is the answer. It is not nearly enough to fully fund this liberal created nightmare

Ronald Reagan