Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 'Miracle' Marine refused to surrender will to live

My eyes watered as I read this. Now he is guarding the streets of Heaven.

The young Marine came back from the war, with his toughest fight ahead of him. Merlin German waged that battle in the quiet of a Texas hospital, far from the dusty road in Iraq where a bomb exploded, leaving him with burns over 97 percent of his body.

No one expected him to survive.

But for more than three years, he would not surrender. He endured more than 100 surgeries and procedures. He learned to live with pain, to stare at a stranger's face in the mirror. He learned to smile again, to joke, to make others laugh.

He became known as the "Miracle Man."

But just when it seemed he would defy impossible odds, Sgt. Merlin German lost his last battle this spring — an unexpected final chapter in a story many imagined would have a happy ending.

Click for full text...
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is life without honour? Degradation is worse than death. We must think of the living and of those who are to come after us, and see that by God's blessing we transmit to them the freedom we have ourselves inherited.

Lieutenant General Stonewall Jackson 1862

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He is definitely an astonishing inspiration and an extraordinary example of a Marine in every sense. When people think they have it bad, that the price of gas is too high, that they stubbed their toe or someone criticized the size of their ears, they need to read this hero's story....... he had everything taken from him except what he held onto inside of him, he didn't let it get him down, that is heroic. He is no longer in pain, that is a good thing, but his memory and story will live on through the foundation he started, "Merlin's Miracles". Seems there are a lot of extraordinary people with the name Merlin.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me