Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you shit your pants when you wrote it, dd?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    oh admit it--it was funny, Martini
    My guess is that you did. But, martin is correct.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd sue the fucking teacher for even considering taking a frigging 'vote' and having kids say what they don't like about someone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    The teacher led them in this pitiful ceremony. The teacher was only trying to be conservative?

"After each classmate was allowed to say what they didn't like about Barton's 5-year-old son, his Morningside Elementary teacher Wendy Portillo said they were going to take a vote, Barton said.

By a 14-2 margin, the students voted the boy, who is in the process of being diagnosed with autism, out of the class.

Melissa Barton filed a complaint with Morningside's school resource officer, who investigated the matter, Port St. Lucie Department spokeswoman Michelle Steele said. But the State Attorney's Office concluded the matter did not meet the criteria for emotional child abuse, so no criminal charges will be filed, Steele said.

Steele said the boy had been sent to the principal's office because of disciplinary issues. When he returned, Portillo made him go to the front of the room as a form of punishment, she said."

More: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,2574622.story

Baffles the hell out of me!!!!!!!!!!!
    Perhaps the child was too much of a discipline problem to keep in class, I'm willing to go with that. However, we're talking 4-5 year kids, that teacher had no business putting the burden of her responsibilities on her shoulder. It was cowardly, and no way to treat the child. Can you imagine being told that almost no kids want you in class? I mean, that's just fucked up.

However, Psycho, you started this little thing running by trying to put this as a conservative/liberal argument, when, in no way did this speak to either liberal or conservative values. This spoke toward being a good teacher or a shitty teacher, and by throwing the lib/con argument in, you painted conservatives, myself included, as supporting this, and you don't think we were insulted by this?
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I fully intended to insult conservatives, DS'72. This is thier methodology for teaching. I tend towards a more moderate approach.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Perhaps the child was too much of a discipline problem to keep in class, I'm willing to go with that. However, we're talking 4-5 year kids, that teacher had no business putting the burden of her responsibilities on her shoulder. It was cowardly, and no way to treat the child. Can you imagine being told that almost no kids want you in class? I mean, that's just fucked up.

However, Psycho, you started this little thing running by trying to put this as a conservative/liberal argument, when, in no way did this speak to either liberal or conservative values. This spoke toward being a good teacher or a shitty teacher, and by throwing the lib/con argument in, you painted conservatives, myself included, as supporting this, and you don't think we were insulted by this?
    The very best learning that I can remember in my days in grammer school was in the classes of teachers that made some attempt to teach me rather than dicipline me. Were your experiences different?
    Last edited by Psychoblues; 06-11-2008 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

positive reenforcement always works better then negative reinforcement

I fully intended to insult conservatives, DS'72. This is thier methodology for teaching. I tend towards a more moderate approach.

The very best learning that I can remember in my days in grammer school was in the classes of teachers that made some attempt to teach me rather than dicipline me. Were your experiences different?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just what do you refer as "negative reinforcement", Dynamo?

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    positive reenforcement always works better then negative reinforcement
    I always refer to "negative" as below zero. So much for my physics education.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats not the issue
    if you dont get it i suggest you go back to your grammer school and get educated by some "conservatives ".
    first the libs are too soft ahahahhaah

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't tell me, 666, you got taped to your chair by a Nazi and you're still traumatized from it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!

Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    thats not the issue
    if you dont get it i suggest you go back to your grammer school and get educated by some "conservatives ".
    first the libs are too soft ahahahhaah
    I suggest you get to know me before you attack me, 666. I can't help it if your grammer school mistreated you. Maybe you should have attended a more societally oriented institution for elementary education? Think so?