Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Ok, heres another way of looking at this.

Since the government has mandated that we have "inclusion" in the classroom we can no longer seperate the trouble makers from the non-trouble makers. what I am saying is when I was in school, if you were a disruption they removed you from class until you could "play nice with others". This in my opinion needs to happen more often.

We are so willing to give bad behaviour a pass if the offending student has a "condition", the diagnosis of Autism has been expanded to include so much more than it once did, that even if a child has the mildest form it is being used as an excuse for rude and sometimes abusive behaviour.

Everyone is soo quick to talk about the rights of the "problem" child but what about the rights of the other children who have to put up with his/her moods and tantrums in the class room. The teacher has to take time away from all the other students to deal with ONE. that my friends is NOT FAIR to the other students. If the child has a ligitmate condition than they would benefit from a smaller class setting with a teacher that specializes in "special education".

Now this being said I DO NOT AGREE with the way the teacher handled this, however we are not in their shoes or were we present for any of the classes that caused this teacher to reach this point, keep in mind 88% of the class was tired of his behaviour.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    Everyone is soo quick to talk about the rights of the "problem" child but what about the rights of the other children who have to put up with his/her moods and tantrums in the class room. The teacher has to take time away from all the other students to deal with ONE. that my friends is NOT FAIR to the other students. If the child has a ligitmate condition than they would benefit from a smaller class setting with a teacher that specializes in "special education".

Now this being said I DO NOT AGREE with the way the teacher handled this, however we are not in their shoes or were we present for any of the classes that caused this teacher to reach this point, keep in mind 88% of the class was tired of his behaviour.
    I think I spoke too soon, because I do agree with this. It isn't fair on the other children to have to put up with someones behavior, even it isn't their fault. The teacher certainly did the wrong thing, and should be fired over it, and the child in question perhaps could be sent to a special school, where teachers are more equppied to deal with his disorder more sufficiently?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

This teacher is just a rookie. If you want to see some real public humiliation, you should have seen some of the things the nuns did that I had in elementary school.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only notion more retarded than this kid's "right" to be in that classroom, is the notion that this kid's mother has some right to force her annoying kid on the children of others, disrupting their "right" to their education.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had my nose broken in the 6th grade, nukeman, by a retarded kid that I was defending. I would defend him again today.

Ok, heres another way of looking at this.

Since the government has mandated that we have "inclusion" in the classroom we can no longer seperate the trouble makers from the non-trouble makers. what I am saying is when I was in school, if you were a disruption they removed you from class until you could "play nice with others". This in my opinion needs to happen more often.

We are so willing to give bad behaviour a pass if the offending student has a "condition", the diagnosis of Autism has been expanded to include so much more than it once did, that even if a child has the mildest form it is being used as an excuse for rude and sometimes abusive behaviour.

You can do your sidestep all you want, I think these very special kids need every consideration that can be given to them and I think you do as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    I had my nose broken in the 6th grade, nukeman, by a retarded kid that I was defending. I would defend him again today.

You can do your sidestep all you want, I think these very special kids need every consideration that can be given to them and I think you do as well.
    What a surprise...... not.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You still side-steppin', zero?

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Why am I not surprised?

Do you have any comments about the autistic kids or did you just intend to slur me and my comments? You don't have to answer that, zero, I already know the answer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

There is no "side stepping" in any way. I stated how I feel about this issue. YOU will note I said "I do not agree with the way the teacher handled the situation". That being said this child's rights extend ONLY as far as the next child's rights begin. Where do you draw the line or distinction?

I agree that these "special" children need every consideration and sometimes that means a more, one-on-one environment. You do not NEED to have the "total inclusion" for EVERY child some do much better with more specialized care and instruction.

Do you feel it is fair for the other students in the class to have put their education on hold every time this child acts up or is a disruption.

For your information I have always been a defender of EVERY child's rights this includes all special needs and regular students. The problem is that not everyone can play nice with others.

I will add that a number of parents want their children "labeled" due to the special attention they can receive. I am not saying all parents do this but some do and they feel this gives the carte blanche to do what they want and scream "he's special you have to allow him to disrupt the class".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You still side-steppin', zero?

Why am I not surprised?

Do you have any comments about the autistic kids or did you just intend to slur me and my comments? You don't have to answer that, zero, I already know the answer.
    By the by Psycho the child was not diagnosed with "autism" YET. His mother says he might have a slight case. She was still attempting to get the diagnoses, which from my experience tells me that she just hasn't found the right doctor to give her what she wants.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just what are trying to say, nm?

By the by Psycho the child was not diagnosed with "autism" YET. His mother says he might have a slight case. She was still attempting to get the diagnoses, which from my experience tells me that she just hasn't found the right doctor to give her what she wants.....
    Do you think the medical community revolves around what YOU think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cheap shot?, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Just what are trying to say, nm?

Do you think the medical community revolves around what YOU think?
    NO dipshit! I do think that WITHOUT a MEDICAL diagnosis the parents are pissing in the wind. that being said the mother WILL find a doctor willing to give her the diagnosis she wants for her child.

I have stated what I have to say in a much more concise manner than YOU ever do or will! For you to ask me "what I am trying to say" is completely laughable. You NEVER make sense in anything you say!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You did well, nm, and inclinated a comprehensive response. You failed, nm, to give anything comprehensive and I asked a simple quetion for you to tell us what you really think and you attack me.

Shame, shame, nm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the kid shouldnt be kicked out of class, unless every other method, medication, behavior modification, therapy, all dont work.

and not by a vote.