Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    If bin laden didn't "do" 9/11 why is everyone bent out of shape that American troops havent captured him yet ?
    he did. tincan is to stupid to use the net.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Do you mean Clinton? Last I checked bin laden didn't do 911 or he wouldn't be here - you do realize that much I hope. The BS Clinton could have taken out OBL has been gone over enough that most fifth graders know the circumstances better than you.

Carter inherited the incredible mess Nixon/Ford left. Please google stagflation etc. The original post gives an argument against Nixon. Funny, the author of that piece is obviously conservative/libertarian but most of the things he faults Nixon with are Ok with this me.

http://www.studien-von-zeitfragen.de...agflation.html

http://thejunction.net/justfacts/200...rice-controls/
    Last I checked bin laden didn't do 911
    congrads. your clearly the only 5 year old on here and the planet that dosen't know

A man described as one of Osama bin Laden's closest aides, Abu 'Ubeid Al-Qurashi, has acknowledged that the terrorist network al-Qaida carried out the Sept. 11 attacks against the U.S.
    link

story

let me guess. Bush did it. right???? you are pathetic. actually Klinton did it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    blah, blah, blah.............Have you finished reading the DNC talking points yet? Going to try to have an original thought of your own sometime this century. Go slow, you might sprain something.
    I do not need or use anyone elses talking points. I do however remember Iran-Contra and the violation of law that was involved in raygun and norths actions.

Iran-contra affair, in U.S. history, secret arrangement in the 1980s to provide funds to the Nicaraguan contra rebels from profits gained by selling arms to Iran. The Iran-contra affair was the product of two separate initiatives during the administration of President Ronald Reagan. The first was a commitment to aid the contras who were conducting a guerrilla war against the Sandinista government of Nicaragua. The second was to placate “moderates” within the Iranian government in order to secure the release of American hostages held by pro-Iranian groups in Lebanon and to influence Iranian foreign policy in a pro-Western direction.

Despite the strong opposition of the Reagan administration, the Democratic-controlled Congress enacted legislation, known as the Boland amendments, that prohibited the Defense Dept., the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or any other government agency from providing military aid to the contras from Dec., 1983, to Sept., 1985. The Reagan administration circumvented these limitations by using the National Security Council (NSC), which was not explicitly covered by the law, to supervise covert military aid to the contras. Under Robert McFarlane (1983–85) and John Poindexter (1985–86) the NSC raised private and foreign funds for the contras. This operation was directed by NSC staffer Marine Lt. Col. Oliver North. McFarlane and North were also the central figures in the plan to secretly ship arms to Iran despite a U.S. trade and arms embargo.

That is not a talking point but recorded history! Treason is what repukes would call it if a white boy did it.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    I do not need or use anyone elses talking points. I do however remember Iran-Contra and the violation of law that was involved in raygun and norths actions.

Iran-contra affair, in U.S. history, secret arrangement in the 1980s to provide funds to the Nicaraguan contra rebels from profits gained by selling arms to Iran. The Iran-contra affair was the product of two separate initiatives during the administration of President Ronald Reagan. The first was a commitment to aid the contras who were conducting a guerrilla war against the Sandinista government of Nicaragua. The second was to placate “moderates” within the Iranian government in order to secure the release of American hostages held by pro-Iranian groups in Lebanon and to influence Iranian foreign policy in a pro-Western direction.

Despite the strong opposition of the Reagan administration, the Democratic-controlled Congress enacted legislation, known as the Boland amendments, that prohibited the Defense Dept., the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or any other government agency from providing military aid to the contras from Dec., 1983, to Sept., 1985. The Reagan administration circumvented these limitations by using the National Security Council (NSC), which was not explicitly covered by the law, to supervise covert military aid to the contras. Under Robert McFarlane (1983–85) and John Poindexter (1985–86) the NSC raised private and foreign funds for the contras. This operation was directed by NSC staffer Marine Lt. Col. Oliver North. McFarlane and North were also the central figures in the plan to secretly ship arms to Iran despite a U.S. trade and arms embargo.

That is not a talking point but recorded history! Treason is what repukes would call it if a white boy did it.
    And I could counter with Clinton making deals with Chinese intelligence agents to get money for his reeelection, Travelgate, Whitewater, Filegate, Monica and a bunch of other scandals involving the Clinton adminstration. What's the point?

Face facts, Clinton did more harm to the security interests of the United States then any other recent President, closely followed by Jimmy C. Reagan made have blundered when he left Beirut, but he also had the Navy shoot down Libyan fighters and he forced terrorists flying away from a hijacking to land in Italy and be taken in custody.
    What is life without honour? Degradation is worse than death. We must think of the living and of those who are to come after us, and see that by God's blessing we transmit to them the freedom we have ourselves inherited.

Lieutenant General Stonewall Jackson 1862

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The real fact is raygun did more to the detriment of this nation by accident then any other, even bush, has done on purpose.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a funny question for me especially after you read the two subsequent replies. Talk about not knowing a blessed thing! I often wonder at the reading comprehension of the likes of Namvet and Ranger, clearly Reagan/Bush set precedents for terrorism if one only wants to point fingers.
    I read the blog and it made no comparisons of earlier presidents, so my question stands.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    The real fact is raygun did more to the detriment of this nation by accident then any other, even bush, has done on purpose.

I'm calling BS on this, show some evidence or shut up.
    What is life without honour? Degradation is worse than death. We must think of the living and of those who are to come after us, and see that by God's blessing we transmit to them the freedom we have ourselves inherited.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Carter set the stage by allowing a two bit country with no military to hold the country hostage for 444 days. That reduced the US from a superpower to a super joke. Reagan helped by pulling the Marines out of Beirut after the embassy bombing. That also made us look weak. Clinton had the 1st Tower bombing, two embassy bombings, the USS Cole bombing, Kosovo, Bosnia and Somalia. All of these made us look like weak willed simpletons who would run at the first sign of trouble.

So number wise, Clinton wins.
    You forgot the Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia that killed many Air Force Airmen.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post
    You forgot the Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia that killed many Air Force Airmen.

AF
    There's just so many of them on Clinton's watch it was hard to remember them all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bush should thanks Clinton for the wonderful military force he is now hurting just as his economic policies have hurt this nation.
    Really? All Americans should be thankful that we can perform anything as a military after what the Clinton presidency did to us! I lived through it as a young Air Force member. I remember not having enough people, not having enough parts, not having enough of almost anything because he cut our finding so dramatically. The fact that we have recovered says a lot about the military members and that we have adjusted how we do business because of what he did. He cut military spending by 1/3, and reduced the AF squadrons by 1/3. And we still had to do the same missions, or more because of the humanitarian missions that became commonplace.

In 1992, the year before Bill Clinton took office the end strengths were:
    Army: 610,450
    Navy: 541,883
    Marines: 184,529
    Air Force: 470,315

In 2000, the year before George W. Bush took office:
    Army: 481,669
    Navy: 373,692
    Marines: 173,371
    Air Force: 354,321

Before anyone says it, yes these cuts did start in the Bush 1 administration, but they came to a climax (bad pun) in the Clinton years.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The silence from the left is deafening. Guess there isn't any evidence that Reagan did all that much damage. Splat and run back to DU for more "talking" points seems to be the MO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deregulation has now come home to bite America with the economic problems of corporate profit at the expense of American soverignty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    If bin laden didn't "do" 9/11 why is everyone bent out of shape that American troops havent captured him yet ?
    I should have made that clearer, I meant he wasn't on the planes. How much he was involved is actually hard to know. Is he bragging, whose idea was it, and this was the second attempt which should have kept our national security teams on high alert. What motivates terrorists is a difficult issue, I still remember the day McVeigh blew up the Oklahoma building, do you recall who they first thought did it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you could be listening him speak right now.............

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you mean Clinton? Last I checked bin laden didn't do 911 or he wouldn't be here - you do realize that much I hope. The BS Clinton could have taken out OBL has been gone over enough that most fifth graders know the circumstances better than you.

Carter inherited the incredible mess Nixon/Ford left. Please google stagflation etc. The original post gives an argument against Nixon. Funny, the author of that piece is obviously conservative/libertarian but most of the things he faults Nixon with are Ok with this me.

http://www.studien-von-zeitfragen.de...agflation.html

http://thejunction.net/justfacts/200...rice-controls/
    Damn, you truly are drinking the koolaid. Carter was a fucking village idiot put in charge of one of two superpowers and by the time he was done we were the worldwide laughing stock. We're still hearing about decisions he made 30 fucking years later. How fucked up is that?