Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Christians face arrest for preaching gospel

Two American-born pastors handing out gospel leaflets in a predominantly Muslim area of Birmingham, England, were threatened with arrest and warned of being beaten for committing what an officer called a "hate crime."

Arthur Cunningham, 48, and Joseph Abraham, 65, were handing out the leaflets and talking with local youths when they were approached and questioned by a police community support officer, or PCSO.

When the officer discovered the two Birmingham pastors were born in the U.S., he began a heated criticism of President Bush and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Cunningham explained that the gospel message was not linked to American foreign policy, but the officer reportedly became belligerent.

"He said we were in a Muslim area and were not allowed to spread our Christian message," Cunningham told the London Telegraph. "He said we were committing a hate crime by telling the youths to leave Islam and said that he was going to take us to the police station."

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?f...w&pageId=65922

Britians politics will bring her to her knees...But then I guess England would love to suck muslim dick?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You can bet the "policeman" was a muslim.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

freedom of religion is a hate crime now? how ridiculous.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not freedom of religion...Just freedom FROM christianity is a hate crime...That seems to be where international politics is going.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

America is only a few years away from the very same things happening here unless we turn things around quickly.

Preaching against specific sins, not just sin in general and proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ will be hate crimes. Pointing out what The Bible says is sin without interpreting it will land you in jail.

I fully expect my church to come under attack soon here in the Peoples Republic of California. Saturday night my church and school took a very strong stand against the homosexual agenda in California schools on a television program.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    America is only a few years away from the very same things happening here unless we turn things around quickly.

Preaching against specific sins, not just sin in general and proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ will be hate crimes. Pointing out what The Bible says is sin without interpreting it will land you in jail.

I fully expect my church to come under attack soon here in the Peoples Republic of California. Saturday night my church and school took a very strong stand against the homosexual agenda in California schools on a television program.

Yup! That is a hate crime.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Britians politics will bring her to her knees...But then I guess England would love to suck muslim dick?
    "Imbecile" isn't a strong enough word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    "Imbecile" isn't a strong enough word.
    I noticed you couldnt even dispute the facts nor offer up any solution. But then you probably WANT the world to become Islamizised.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I noticed you couldnt even dispute the facts nor offer up any solution. But then you probably WANT the world to become Islamizised.
    Again, I'm trying to find a word stronger than "imbecile" but I just can't.

And since you're apparently so dense that you actually need me to teach you why your opinion here is stupid, here you go:

Christians 'told not to preach'
    Two Christians claim a police community support officer told them to stop leafleting in an area of east Birmingham where many Muslims live.

The Christian Institute has complained to West Midlands Police the men were told to leave Alum Rock Road.

The US Christians said they were advised they were committing a hate crime by trying to convert Muslims.

West Midlands Police has investigated the complaint and said the officer intervened to defuse a row.

Arthur Cunningham and Joseph Abraham, a pastor at Grace Bible Fellowship Church, in Saltley, Birmingham, had been distributing leaflets in nearby Alum Rock on 19 February when the police support officer (PCSO) intervened.

Apology demanded

They claimed he warned them to leave the area, saying: "If you come back here and get beat up, well you have been warned."

Mr Cunningham and Mr Abraham then agreed to leave.

The men, backed by the Christian Institute, have complained to the force, saying their human rights were infringed.

They have also demanded an apology and damages.

A West Midlands Police spokeswoman said the complaint had been investigated by the force.

She said: "The investigation concluded that the PCSO acted with the best of intentions when he intervened to diffuse a heated argument between two groups of men."

The spokeswoman added that following the investigation the PCSO had been offered "guidance around what constitutes a hate crime as well as his communication style".
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/7430085.stm

If you would read something other than ludicrously biased dredge your worldview just might become what professionals refer to as "rational."
    The two idiots involved in this "row" were told to leave for their own safety. Apparently Muslims don't enjoy being harrassed about leaving their religion. Wow. I know that may be news to you, but the next time Christians get arrested in the Middle East for handing-out Bibles in the middle of Baghdad or told to leave after hassling Muslims into leaving Islam, try not to be so surprised.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 06-02-2008 at 10:29 AM.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Again, I'm trying to find a word stronger than "imbecile" but I just can't.
    Keep trying...I know it is hard for that puny brain of yours to come up with a nastier name AND STILL no debate that my conclusion is way off base.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Keep trying...I know it is hard for that puny brain of yours to come up with a nastier name AND STILL no debate that my conclusion is way off base.
    Apparently you're incapable of reading my post. No wonder--it all makes sense now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the fine print of Worldnetdaily, there is a disclaimer:

WND is meant for dimwits, dolts, dumbbells, dummies, dunces, fools, idiots, jerks, morons, nitwits, simpletons, asses, jackasses, nincompoops, brainless people, and other semi conscious people. All others may experience laughing spasms that can be serious dependent on how heavy the baloney is that day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    In the fine print of Worldnetdaily, there is a disclaimer:

WND is meant for dimwits, dolts, dumbbells, dummies, dunces, fools, idiots, jerks, morons, nitwits, simpletons, asses, jackasses, nincompoops, brainless people, and other semi conscious people. All others may experience laughing spasms that can be serious dependent on how heavy the baloney is that day.
    I even posted the real story from the BBC and he/she/it accused me of "having no debate." Honestly I don't even know why I try anymore. Talking sense into these yahoos is like pushing against a brick wall--you get absolutely nowhere and all you have to show for it at the end is a dull headache.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Apparently you're incapable of reading my post. No wonder--it all makes sense now.

I read your post and it made no sense.....nowhere does the article say anything that should lead you to conclude they were asked to leave for their own safety....in fact, the OP says that when they were approached by the police officer they were "talking with local youths"...not "being threatened" by local youths, not "being chased by" local youths, not even "in danger of" local youths.....

so basically, your argument is based on something you just made up......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I read your post and it made no sense.....nowhere does the article say anything that should lead you to conclude they were asked to leave for their own safety....in fact, the OP says that when they were approached by the police officer they were "talking with local youths"...not "being threatened" by local youths, not "being chased by" local youths, not even "in danger of" local youths.....

so basically, your argument is based on something you just made up......
    Except that in the article I posted the officer is said to have warned the youths in question and is quoted as saying, "If you come back here and get beat up, well you have been warned."
    So apparently you can't read either. I'm not surprised. Illiteracy and conservatism seem to go hand-in-hand on this board. Not that there aren't exceptions to the rule, it just seems to be a trend.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 06-02-2008 at 01:53 PM.