Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    28,885
    Thanks (Given)
    12521
    Thanks (Received)
    13738
    Likes (Given)
    2220
    Likes (Received)
    3363
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475286

    Default Nienna- have you seen this movie?

    If you are interested in a sensual movie based on a book of the Bible, (yes, I said that!), check out One Night With The King. It's about Esther, Xerxes, Haman, etc. It will leave you feeling much more uplifted than The Departed, and is a nice movie for you and your man to watch together once the kidlets are in bed.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    “Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,081
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    If you are interested in a sensual movie based on a book of the Bible, (yes, I said that!), check out One Night With The King. It's about Esther, Xerxes, Haman, etc. It will leave you feeling much more uplifted than The Departed, and is a nice movie for you and your man to watch together once the kidlets are in bed.
    My mom saw this movie and LOVED it! But she said it was better to read the book first, so I am going to do that. Great suggestion, Abbey!

    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Posts
    6,236
    Thanks (Given)
    21
    Thanks (Received)
    83
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    31088

    Default

    I saw it also (my wife wanted to see it). I thought it was a bit trite, but a decent movie.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    28,885
    Thanks (Given)
    12521
    Thanks (Received)
    13738
    Likes (Given)
    2220
    Likes (Received)
    3363
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    My mom saw this movie and LOVED it! But she said it was better to read the book first, so I am going to do that. Great suggestion, Abbey!

    I have to warn you, Xerxes is very appealing, IMO.

    I read that the actor who played him was affected by the role, and acted in a Christian film after it. I can't say for sure, though.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    “Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,081
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I have to warn you, Xerxes is very appealing, IMO.

    I read that the actor who played him was affected by the role, and acted in a Christian film after it. I can't say for sure, though.
    Wow! That would be really great!
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Debate Policy - Political Forums