Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default Israel warns Iran: enough

JERUSALEM — Israel will attack Iran if it doesn't abandon its nuclear program, a Cabinet minister hoping to replace embattled Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was quoted Friday as saying.
    what are they waiting for??? just do it !!!!!

source

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Amen to that! We need to quit tying Israels hands and let them sort out their problems while we support them with weapons and whatever other resources they need. By the way I think we have the same problems as they do.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You guys are talking about WWIII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

before they attack they need to shoot the media !!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    You guys are talking about WWIII.
    really?.........as opposed to the WW3 that started when Israel bombed Syria last winter?......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 06-06-2008 at 12:36 PM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    really?.........as opposed to the WW3 that started when Israel bombed Syria last winter?......
    I was unaware that that conflict had expanded to include the entire world.

In reference to "really?," Yes, I think so. If Israel attacked Iran, Iran is big enough to defend itself and with all the anti-semitic rhetoric they've been dishing-out, along with the rest of the Muslim world, Israel would need help from it's allies (Us and Europe and Japan)--then Iran would drag China into the fray. Then if one person got up, we'd all get up and it'd be anarchy!

I've put it really simplistically, but I think it would go something like that.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 06-06-2008 at 12:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm going with Hag on this one. after the first strike, it will be a domino effect. one thing will just lead to another till we are all going at it.

and don't forget Russia. i can see Russia more than China. that Putin guy is a hard line old Sovie type.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Unfortunately, there are still people on this board who are outright stupid enough to believe that any nation can "win" a nuclear exchange.
    Attention: Any nuclear exchange and the world as we know it is over.

Footnote to Israel's threat: How come, when Iran's PM made his famous statement about "wiping Israel off the map," the western powers were up in arms. But yet there is no outcry when Israel threatens Iran?

Not than any of this matters. According to The Dawn, Pakistan has already pledged to support any Middle East nation that is attacked. Pakistan has nuclear warheads that could be launched on Tel Aviv and wipe out the entire nation within an hour.
    Pakistan is on friendly terms with Russia and China.

Do we want to take that chance?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Unfortunately, there are still people on this board who are outright stupid enough to believe that any nation can "win" a nuclear exchange.

Footnote to Israel's threat: How come, when Iran's PM made his famous statement about "wiping Israel off the map," the western powers were up in arms. But yet there is no outcry when Israel threatens Iran?

Not than any of this matters. According to The Dawn, Pakistan has already pledged to support any Middle East nation that is attacked. Pakistan has nuclear warheads that could be launched on Tel Aviv and wipe out the entire nation within an hour.
    Pakistan is on friendly terms with Russia and China.

Do we want to take that chance?
    Where was the 'up in arms' from the Western press? Got some links? Seriously, most from the West, US exempted agrees with Iran.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I don't agree with either of them. I believe both of them are terrorist nations.
    Our policy should be that neither should attack the other. Since it could lead to a cataclysmic nuclear exchange.

My personal feeling: Leave them alone to battle and wipe out each other.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't agree with either of them. I believe both of them are terrorist nations.
    Our policy should be that neither should attack the other. Since it could lead to a cataclysmic nuclear exchange.

My personal feeling: Leave them alone to battle and wipe out each other.
    WTF --You just finished saying
    Attention: Any nuclear exchange and the world as we know it is over

yet now you think it's fine to
    Leave them alone to battle and wipe out each other
    What in the hell do you think they are going to use? Slingshots ?????

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Who said anything about a nuclear exchange? Israel didn't use nukes against Iraq or Syria. No one wants a nuclear war thats why Iran needs to be stopped.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    what are they waiting for??? just do it !!!!!

source
    Have you learnt nothing from war? No good ever comes of it, and in any situation were it can be avoided it should be. I am amazed that as a nam vet. you are endorsing this move, ain't it meant to be the other way round? i'm meant to be the young pro-war fool, and you're meant to be the 'been there done that' vet. tryin to warn younger generations of the horrors of war.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

First of all, there was no mention of nukes being used by anyone. Israel will make a conventional strike against iran's nuclear facilities. What iran choses to do from there will be decisive, but they can't escalate the war to a level they don't have. After all everyone says they don't have nukes...yet. And they say they are only developing nukes for power sources.

If Israel attacks iran does that mean all the arab countries will hate Israel? I'm sure Israel is real concerned about that. Will the rest of the world condemn Israel for the action? Absolutely. They will all breath a sigh of relief as well. Will iran be able to retaliate? No, they can't reach Isreal without passing through other countries. They will increase hezbo's and hama's attacks. The pressure will be on syria then to honor agreements with iran. That will be interesting.

The only way the US will be directly involved will be if iran decides to retaliate against us in the gulf. In which case russia and china will have to stay out of it. pakistan is still under the rule of masharif. We don't have to worry about them until he is ousted.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    Who said anything about a nuclear exchange? Israel didn't use nukes against Iraq or Syria. No one wants a nuclear war thats why Iran needs to be stopped.
    What makes you believe that Iran is building nuclear weapons?
    It is actually a long and complicated process. I think if Iran or any of its neighbors really wanted nuclear weapons, they could just obtain them from Russia.

Also, there is a difference between building/obtaining nukes and using them. India and Pakistan both have nuclear capability and have been at each other's throats for 30 years. Neither has yet to pull the trigger.

The whole "we have to stop them before they destroy us!" is a scare tactic for war-thirsty militant right wingers. They want an excuse to demonstrate their military powers. Again...