Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fox News outclasses itself again

Fair and balanced my ass.

"At this rate, by next week they'll just be calling him n*gger."

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008/06/1...nt-give-a-fck/

Congratulations to Fox News Channel’s graphics department for somehow managing to outdo your already sterling reputation for classy truth-telling by choosing to refer to Michelle Obama, the wife of the Democratic presidential candidate and an accomplished individual in her own right, as “Obama’s Baby Mama”. The hollow, dead eyes and deluded evil rantings of your talking head vampires clearly weren’t enough to sufficiently convey their hateful and bigoted message, so it’s awesome that you guys were right there to back them up with some casual racism and misogyny there at the bottom of the screen. Your utter lack of concern for your own respectability in inspiring. High five, guys.

<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="390" height="320" id="Redlasso"><param name="movie" value="http://media.redlasso.com/xdrive/WEB/vidplayer_1b/redlasso_player_b1b_deploy.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="embedId=71540b48-b1bc-435c-b054-e6b9fa3a131d" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://media.redlasso.com/xdrive/WEB/vidplayer_1b/redlasso_player_b1b_deploy.swf" flashvars="embedId=71540b48-b1bc-435c-b054-e6b9fa3a131d" width="390" height="320" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="Redlasso"></embed></object>
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

No need for that "Baby Mama" crap. There are plenty of reasons to make Michelle Obama part of the political discussion, but there is no reason whatsoever for the "Baby Mama" graphic. It's not even funny. Any idea on which show this happened?
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post

Well to be fair & balanced she is a n*gger but thats just not politically correct to say.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    No need for that "Baby Mama" crap. There are plenty of reasons to make Michelle Obama part of the political discussion, but there is no reason whatsoever for the "Baby Mama" graphic. It's not even funny. Any idea on which show this happened?
    Here's the video.
    [redlasso id="71540b48-b1bc-435c-b054-e6b9fa3a131d"]
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Talk about spin, good grief. Did you actually watch the video clip for yourself?

All the sayings at the bottom of the screen were what people were saying about michelle and the discussion was whether or not it was a good idea for the GOP to use those things that were said.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    Talk about spin, good grief. Did you actually watch the video clip for yourself?

All the sayings at the bottom of the screen were what people were saying about michelle and the discussion was whether or not it was a good idea for the GOP to use those things that were said.
    I had a feeling...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey, it's about as good as when Pmsnbc said Fred Thompson's wife looked like a pole dancer...But hey, since it's the boy wonder, lets get all bent out of shape over it.

The bad thing about this, is they are attributing Michelle Malkin as saying this, when it was done by Fox News.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Hey, it's about as good as when Pmsnbc said Fred Thompson's wife looked like a pole dancer...But hey, since it's the boy wonder, lets get all bent out of shape over it.
    That was classless as well.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    That was classless as well.
    I'm not saying it wasn't, but listening to the liberals screaming about every supposed classless remark, is annoying.

And now, tricky Dicky Turbin has casted all us conservatives...into hell.
    Last edited by stephanie; 06-12-2008 at 01:09 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The bad thing about this, is they are attributing Michelle Malkin as saying this, when it was done by Fox News.
    Nobody's attributing Michelle Malkin with the "baby mama" statement. You made that up.
    Let's get the facts straight. Crin is wrong.
    This statement was being flashed across the bottom of the screen and the only citation was attributed to "Outraged Liberals." Yeah right.
    This is just another blatant example of Fox New's hackneyed and biased so-called news reporting style. Watch the video for yourself if you don't believe me. It's just a regular ol' clip from a Fox News broadcast--something all of you are no doubt familiar with.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 06-12-2008 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not saying it wasn't, but listening to the liberals screaming about every supposed classless remark, is annoying.

And now, tricky Dicky Turbin has casted all us conservatives...into hell.
    Who's tricky Dicky Turbin?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nobody's attributing Michelle Malkin with the "baby mama" statement. You made that up.
    Let's get the facts straight.
    This statement was being flashed across the bottom of the screen and was attributed to "Liberals." Yeah right.
    Oh really..go check out the emails she posted at her site about it. Mr. know it all.

from pearlene_scott@cox.net
    to writemalkin@gmail.com
    date Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 1:35 AM
    subject Michelle Obama
    mailed-by cox.net

You disgusting racist slant eyed pig! How do you like the name calling? Referring to Senator Obama’s wife in your typical way is what the country expects from an ignorant racist pig like yourself. No one wants to listen to your racist rants anymore. May the nightmare that is you be gone soon.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/06/11...going-to-hell/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I watched the clip and could neither hear nor see any reason for the "Baby Mama" reference. I don't know if someone was trying to be cute or funny, I believe that the afternoon/while I'm at work cycle tends to be a little less serious than what we see in the evening, but whatever the reason, I don't think it was necessary. I'm not mad, I'm not outraged, I am disappointed. It will only anger Obama supporters. They will use it as proof that conservatives are bigots and if you don't vote Obama you are a bigot as well. I expect this sort of stuff from Olbermann and Matthews and the [b]National Barack Company. Though I have not watched Fox of late, despite what I perceive as a right leaning slant, I remember them as being fair. This was just plain silly.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh really..go check out the emails she posted at her site about it. Mr. know it all.

from pearlene_scott@cox.net
    to writemalkin@gmail.com
    date Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 1:35 AM
    subject Michelle Obama
    mailed-by cox.net

You disgusting racist slant eyed pig! How do you like the name calling? Referring to Senator Obama’s wife in your typical way is what the country expects from an ignorant racist pig like yourself. No one wants to listen to your racist rants anymore. May the nightmare that is you be gone soon.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/06/11...going-to-hell/
    Okay, great. I'm sure if you sift through the Internets you'll find someone accusing Malkin of this, unfortunately for you, my thread is about the blurb I posted, not about some extremist imbecile who posts comments on what amounts to a graffiti wall. Neither of the articles I posted accuse your precious (soulless succubus) Malkin of anything insidious. In fact, the second article I posted (the one leading to the video) actually states clearly that Malkin responded to their questions and even corrected herself when they asked her about this.
    Not to mention, anyone who watches the video can clearly see that Malkin was unaware of the comment herself since she even stated that hurling baseless insults at Mrs. Obama would be detrimental to the conservative cause. If she'd known what was flashing beneath her talking head, she probably would've been upset at Fox for making her look foolish.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 06-12-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, great. I'm sure if you sift through the Internets you'll find someone accusing Malkin of this, unfortunately for you, my thread is about the blurb I posted, not about some extremist imbecile who posts comments on what amounts to a graffiti wall. Neither of the articles I posted accuse your precious (soulless succubus) Malkin of anything insidious. In fact, the second article I posted (the one leading to the video) actually states clearly that Malkin responded to their questions when they asked her about this.
    Hey, just say I was right and get it over it.