Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default A job well done

Today was the final day of my mom's 25-year career as an elementary school teacher. She is retiring to become a full-time grandmother.
    It was a great honor to be there for her retirement celebration. Along with many of her fellow teachers, the guest list included the superintendent of schools and the top aide to the mayor. She got letters of congratulations from the U.S. Secretary of Education and The Guvinator himself.

I am posting this because I think teachers are one of this country's most valuable assets. There is nothing more important than the foundations of a good education.

Teachers are genuine American heroes. I am glad that my mom chose to be one. In addition to being a great parent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Today was the final day of my mom's 25-year career as an elementary school teacher. She is retiring to become a full-time grandmother.
    It was a great honor to be there for her retirement celebration. Along with many of her fellow teachers, the guest list included the superintendent of schools and the top aide to the mayor. She got letters of congratulations from the U.S. Secretary of Education and The Guvinator himself.

I am posting this because I think teachers are one of this country's most valuable assets. There is nothing more important than the foundations of a good education.

Teachers are genuine American heroes. I am glad that my mom chose to be one. In addition to being a great parent.
    congrats to your mother.

it is unfortunate that parents no longer get that kind of respect in teaching their own children....
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Word to your mother.

got my rag top down...
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

such a beautiful thread

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post