Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Genesis: When In Rome DVD

Genesis has always been one of my husband's favorite bands. I think he finally got to see them on their 2007 tour.
    They recently released a live DVD (to go with the CD previously out). I am not a huge fan of the music, but the DVD is magnificent. Filmed in an outdoor setting in Rome in front of 500,000 fans.

We were looking for music DVD to watch with our daughter, and this proved to be a good one. The staging was remarkable, and Genesis has a lot of lengthy instrumental passages in their songs. So you don't have to worry about questionable lyrics. It's pretty bouncy stuff as well.

I totally recommend it. The latest David Gilmour live DVD is even more impressive, but much of the Pink Floyd repertoire is fairly dark. Maybe we will get to it later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Damn I feel old. I saw them twenty five years ago.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll