Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I, too, shall weigh in.

Sinning is what sends you to Hell. Everyone sins. There's no getting around it. There's even a Bible verse in Romans that says, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." It doesn't matter how big or how small, I've sinned, you've sinned, and even your saint of a grandmother has sinned. There's really no way around it. We are all imperfect human beings and will, thus, sin from time to time. That being said, there's a way to get a 'free pass.' Jesus was more than human and was able to make it his whole life without sinning. When he died, he took the sins of the world upon him, and the sin died with him. According to old Catholic doctrine, Jesus, dieing with sin upon him, went into Hell. The line "descended into Hell" was originally a part of the apostle's creed, but has since been ommitted by most sources. However, Jesus was innocent of all sin, so Hell held no power over him, and he siezed control of death and the grave from Satan, then returned to Earth for a final farewell before ascending into Heaven.

Side note: The ressurrection of Jesus is at least as important as his death. Jesus' ressurrection proves that his mission was accomplished and that he is the son of God.

Anyway, with Jesus causing our sin to die with him, we are no longer burdened by the unescapable corruption of sin. However, when God created us, he gave us free choice, a gift that he will never take back. Therefore, we could not be forced to accept Jesus' gift to all of us in the form of salvation. The way you get into Heaven is to voluntarily and sincerely ask Jesus himself for forgiveness. It's that easy.

A common fallacy projected by those who seek to undermine Christianity is that Christians think they're perfect and they'll make you do so, as well. On the other hand, Christians realize how imperfect they truly are and will accept people as they are, sin and all, though Christians also realize the corrupting power of sin and actively discourage it. Another fallacy is that Christianity is just supposed to be some set of principles that 'work for that person.' That is false. Christianity contains a set of principles, but is so much more. To limit Christianity to the set of principles that Christians try to live by would be the same as limiting the Declaration of Independance to a simple legal declaration of war.

Perhaps you're right, but I have it on good authority that, contrary to popular belief, the accommodations are in fact excellent down there, the entertainment is first rate, and the wine list is unmatched.
    Somehow, I doubt it.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    That's a good answer about you and heaven.

So you apparently believe I'm going to hell.

Perhaps you're right, but I have it on good authority that, contrary to popular belief, the accommodations are in fact excellent down there, the entertainment is first rate, and the wine list is unmatched.

So when you're flying around up there in heaven, playing your harp, think about paying a visit to your friends in hell.

But give a little notice so we can visit the supermarket first.....
    I don't know if YOU are going to Hell or not. I hope you don't. All I know is what it takes to get to Heaven. Being in love with the Abba (NO! NOT the band! ).
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    I don't know if YOU are going to Hell or not. I hope you don't. All I know is what it takes to get to Heaven. Being in love with the Abba (NO! NOT the band! ).
    WHAT !!!!!!!!! Singing Dancing Queen all day doesn't cut it ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    WHAT !!!!!!!!! Singing Dancing Queen all day doesn't cut it ??
    Ask the Big Guy & see what He says.
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hobbit: I'm a good husband, a good parent, a good neighbor and a good citizen. I've gotten rid of whatever bad habits and vices I had.

I try to help others every day and make the world a better place.

And I say, fuck any doctrine that says I'm going to hell.

There is no "hell," in the sense of a place of eternal torment, anyway.

Make no mistake, we pay for our sins....every one of 'em. But the Christian cosmology of heaven and hell, with Jesus coming to open the ledger book and judge you is a fairy tale, in my opinion.

But if it works for you, I'm okay with that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Could I ask a question of the adherents of Christianity?

Do you think you're going to that mythical place the Christians call heaven? If so, why do you think you merit a trip up there?

What do you think would cause a person to go to hell? Do you think because someone doesn't buy into Christianity, that's enough to send them to the hot place?
    Yes, I believe I am going to heaven, but not for any of my own merits. I believe that my justification (i.e. loss of guilt for sin) is 100% the working of God, coming through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Conversely, I believe that those who do not choose to accept Jesus Christ will be denied entry into heaven, and will therefore be destined to hell.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Yes, I believe I am going to heaven, but not for any of my own merits. I believe that my justification (i.e. loss of guilt for sin) is 100% the working of God, coming through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Conversely, I believe that those who do not choose to accept Jesus Christ will be denied entry into heaven, and will therefore be destined to hell.
    Is it possible for humans to determine who has accepted Jesus as thier saviour ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn, Jeff.....

That's pretty harsh, dude....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    couple of things....when or who wrote the "word of god" makes it no less powerfull as god spoke to the people who wrote it.

as for interpretation....people interpret things....i am sure you read the constitution and interpret it to mean you have a "right" to a free education, free health care and an abortion....i read it and can not find that anywhere.

lastly god is not a "him".... i do not belive a man would go to this much trouble
    Lordy! That's a fine post.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it possible for humans to determine who has accepted Jesus as thier saviour ?
    I think so, by their behavior, especially their love for others, as well as their confession. But it isn't possible for humans to determine another human's final destination.
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I TOLD you not to spill those beans !!!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Dillo is the antiChrist.
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think so, by their behavior, especially their love for others, as well as their confession. But it isn't possible for humans to determine another human's final destination.
    Confessions of sins ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dillo is the antiChrist.
    ok you 2---stop it ~!~~~~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Confessions of sins ?
    confession that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!
    Blessed be Your name!