Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default NYT - CBS Poll Shows Bush Losing Support Among Republicans

Winning elections and losing the people wasn’t in the Rove playbook.

"In the months since the Congressional elections, President Bush has lost substantial support among members of his own party, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News Poll.

Mr. Bush's approval rating dropped 13 percentage points since last fall among Republicans, 65 percent of whom now say they approve of the way he is handling his job as president, compared with 78 percent last October.

Over all, Mr. Bush's job approval remains at one of its lowest points, with 29 percent of all Americans saying they approve of the way he is doing his job, compared with 34 percent at the end of October. Sixty-one percent disapproved, compared with 58 percent in October, within the margin of sampling error.

Twenty-three percent of those polled approved of the way Mr. Bush is dealing with the situation in Iraq. Twenty-five percent approved of his handling of foreign policy.

Even the president's campaign against terrorism, long his signature issue, is seen positively by only 40 percent of those polled, while 53 percent disapprove.... "

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/02/wa...VlTHI9XhF2Ey1g

And what can WE, as Americans, do about it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Winning elections and losing the people wasn’t in the Rove playbook.

"In the months since the Congressional elections, President Bush has lost substantial support among members of his own party, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News Poll.

Mr. Bush's approval rating dropped 13 percentage points since last fall among Republicans, 65 percent of whom now say they approve of the way he is handling his job as president, compared with 78 percent last October.

Over all, Mr. Bush's job approval remains at one of its lowest points, with 29 percent of all Americans saying they approve of the way he is doing his job, compared with 34 percent at the end of October. Sixty-one percent disapproved, compared with 58 percent in October, within the margin of sampling error.

Twenty-three percent of those polled approved of the way Mr. Bush is dealing with the situation in Iraq. Twenty-five percent approved of his handling of foreign policy.

Even the president's campaign against terrorism, long his signature issue, is seen positively by only 40 percent of those polled, while 53 percent disapprove.... "

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/02/wa...VlTHI9XhF2Ey1g

And what can WE, as Americans, do about it?

I guess this means he won't be re-elected, huh?

BTW I one he lost. This is old news.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I guess, more to the point, he isn't doing much to improve the image of an even more over-reaching and insensitive political party to which he probably even now wishes he had never associated himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post

BTW I one he lost. This is old news.
    But he still has a few supporters.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Who the fuck believes an NYT(falsified articles) and CBS(Dan Rather, nuff said) poll?

Repubs will win in '08 after this congress raises taxes and the people's take home pay goes south.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bush is as much of a Republican as Joseph Stalin. The fact that a few more Republicans are just now getting this is... a little disappointing. Unfortunately, he's not just a harmless idiot. He's a harmful one. How harmful? Hillary will win in '08.
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    Bush is as much of a Republican as Joseph Stalin. The fact that a few more Republicans are just now getting this is... a little disappointing. Unfortunately, he's not just a harmless idiot. He's a harmful one. How harmful? Hillary will win in '08.
    I'm willing to put a wager on the Hillary claim, care to partake? My word is gold, I swear on the Bible.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Well, I guess, more to the point, he isn't doing much to improve the image of an even more over-reaching and insensitive political party to which he probably even now wishes he had never associated himself.

But he still has a few supporters.
    yea i think you are right....Bush probably does wish he was a democrat

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    oh please--don't you think people have had enough of the Bush-Clinton dynasty?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I know I'm not planning to vote for him again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Who the fuck believes an NYT(falsified articles) and CBS(Dan Rather, nuff said) poll?

Repubs will win in '08 after this congress raises taxes and the people's take home pay goes south.
    Oh.......Jesus........

I've seen lots of denial over the years, but yours......... i.e.,

Bush's approval rating is a a historic low...."That's because the New York Times and CBS are lying......President Bush is actually very popular."

Republicans are deserting Bush like rats leaving a sinking ship......."But we're going to win in '08....because......because........because we're right. And because we've got Rush Limbaugh."

You guys are a lot of fun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post

That was my first thought OCA. NYT and CBS...what a couple of journalistic gems

He may be down in the polls,but I always find it hard to believe it's as bad as they say.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Most of the people I talk to at work, the guy on the street, are so ignorant about politics that they have no clue who Ann Coulter is. They can tell you the names of all of the American Idol contestants and they know the latest scoop on Britney but they don't know why the Vice Presdient of the United States is. Invariably, when man on the street interviews are done, the most clueless, dumbass airheads that know absolutely nothing about politics and are proud of that fact claim to the interviewer that they will be voting Democrat......how do you fight that? I give you Gabby as a prime example.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    That was my first thought OCA. NYT and CBS...what a couple of journalistic gems

He may be down in the polls,but I always find it hard to believe it's as bad as they say.
    krisy: It is as bad as they say.

Bush has taken a situation where the Republicans controlled the White House and both Houses of Congress and basically given control back to the Democrats. The Dems control Congress and will increase their margins in '08 because the GOP is in complete disarray. Republicans are deserting Bush in droves. The conservative leadership that's led the GOP for the last 15 years is no longer seen as fit to lead by rank and file Republicans.

Bush is the bigest bonehead who's ever sat in the Oval Office. He'll continue to lose popularity with the American people and he'll drag the party down with him.

I predict the Republicans will get a massive ass-kicking in the next election as they redefine what their party is and what it stands for.

You heard it here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    krisy: It is as bad as they say.

Bush has taken a situation where the Republicans controlled the White House and both Houses of Congress and basically given control back to the Democrats. The Dems control Congress and will increase their margins in '08 because the GOP is in complete disarray. Republicans are deserting Bush in droves. The conservative leadership that's led the GOP for the last 15 years is no longer seen as fit to lead by rank and file Republicans.

Bush is the bigest bonehead who's ever sat in the Oval Office. He'll continue to lose popularity with the American people and he'll drag the party down with him.

I predict the Republicans will get a massive ass-kicking in the next election as they redefine what their party is and what it stands for.

You heard it here.

I think the media has played a huge part in Bush's drop. If this were Clinton's war,it would be a wonderful thing. I thought Bush showed great leadership after 9-11,has lowered taxes,and appointed good justices.

The things we hear bad about,like Katrina's response,I do not believe are or ever were Bush's fault. I will say I don't like his stance on illegal aliens tho

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    The conservative leadership that's led the GOP for the last 15 years is no longer seen as fit to lead by rank and file Republicans.
    Please don't confuse George Bush's tenure with anything remotely resembling conservatism.

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio
    And I am of the humble opinion that the Republican Party has GOTTEN its richly-deserved ass-kicking, and is quietly in the process of rediscovering its soul. I see encouraging signs, and they have nothing to do with all this grossly premature "Presidential candidate" blather we're seeing in the media.