Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default PBS Show To Argue Allies As Bad As Nazis

Here we go again. Libs rewriting history to paint America as the bad guy

Your tax dollars paid for this shit folks

IT'S ALL ONE 'WAR'

MEMBERS of the Greatest Generation - especially those with weak hearts - might want to steer clear of an upcoming PBS documentary that suggests the Allied victory in World War II was "tainted" and questions whether it can even be called a victory.

Moreover, the documentary, titled "The War of the World: A New History of the 20th Century," asserts that the war could only be won by forming an unholy alliance with a dictator - Joseph Stalin, who was as brutal as the one they were fighting, Adolf Hitler - and by adopting the same "pitiless" and "remorseless" tactics practiced by the enemy.

The three-part documentary is a companion to the best-selling book, "The War of the World: Twentieth Century Conflict and the Descent of the West" by Harvard and Oxford historian Niall Ferguson. The one-hour Part One of the documentary premieres Monday night at 10 on Ch. 13. The other two parts air the following two Mondays. World War II is the focus of Part Two.

His thesis: Instead of looking at the 20th century as having been disrupted by two world wars with periods of relative peace before, between and after them, it is more appropriate to view much of the history of the century as a continuous bloody conflict that was interrupted occasionally for a few short, exhausted catnaps of relative calm.

It is an illuminating viewpoint, and Ferguson does an effective job tying all of the century's mass deportations, enslavements, ethnic cleansings and genocides together so that you can't help being won over to his view that the violence of the 20th century was virtually never-ending.

But it is Ferguson's revisionist view of the tactics applied by the Allies in World War II that is likely to raise the hackles of those who have always believed in the "necessity" of bombing German and Japanese civilians, culminating in the atomic attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, to end a war we did not start.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06262008...war_117294.htm

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    questions whether it can even be called a victory.

As a person pretty interested in the recent and current efforts to propagandize people into believing that our obvious military losses are somehow victories..................................

Yes, of COURSE WWII was a victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn, anytime you've got signed surrenders and people handing you their swords ------------- you did good. That's the way.

We should avoid fighting, but if we HAVE to fight because if we don't they will certainly come after us as soon as they sew up France or China ----- then we should win, hands down, no question, like we did in 1944-45.

Guys, there's no use in sending a lot of troops abroad a long way from home just to lose a war. There just isn't. Losing wars never really works out well: ask the Germans. I suggest if that's all we can do anymore, we should leave the troops at home. Probably in most cases, that would be best anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know it hurts your brain to think outside the box, but there is a point here. While the US is in no way evil as Nazi Germany was in it's final solution agenda, we did have to get our hands quite dirty to beat Hitler and his minions. Many would argue that Stalin was actually more evil than Hitler in that more people actually died under his iron fist than did in Nazi Germany. Of course all that is semantics--nevertheless, exploring new viewpoints is never a bad thing--unless of course you'd prefer to have nothing but a steady stream of fluffy pro-America propaganda pumped into your head 24-hours a day. You have to admit that no side is perfect. Do Japanese internment camps ring a bell? Nuclear annihilation? Civilian bombings?
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 06-26-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    As a person pretty interested in the recent and current efforts to propagandize people into believing that our obvious military losses are somehow victories..................................

Yes, of COURSE WWII was a victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn, anytime you've got signed surrenders and people handing you their swords ------------- you did good. That's the way.

We should avoid fighting, but if we HAVE to fight because if we don't they will certainly come after us as soon as they sew up France or China ----- then we should win, hands down, no question, like we did in 1944-45.

Guys, there's no use in sending a lot of troops abroad a long way from home just to lose a war. There just isn't. Losing wars never really works out well: ask the Germans. I suggest if that's all we can do anymore, we should leave the troops at home. Probably in most case, that would be best anyway.
    This show is another way the kook left can show how much they hate Amercia

and again, your tax dollars are paying for it

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This show is another way the kook left can show how much they hate Amercia

and again, your tax dollars are paying for it
    You hate freedom of speech. It's as simple as that.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    You have to admit that no side is perfect. Do Japanese internment camps ring a bell?

Japanese internment camps were wholly appropriate.

The Japanese were all settled on the West Coast where the Pacific Fleet was rebuilt and repaired and sent out from. They would of course have had spies hidden among them: that was the whole point of interning the Japanese.

The Yorktown was crucial to the Battle of Midway. The Japanese thought it had been sunk. It was repaired in three days and sent out to join the battle, and if those Japs hadn't been interned in a camp inland, the enemy would have known about the Yorktown.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I know it hurts your brain to think outside the box, but there is a point here. While the US is in no way evil as Nazi Germany was in it's final solution agenda, we did have to get our hands quite dirty to beat Hitler and his minions. Many would argue that Stalin was actually more evil than Hitler in that more people actually died under his iron fist than did in Nazi Germany. Of course all that is semantics--nevertheless, exploring new viewpoints is never a bad thing--unless of course you'd prefer to have nothing but a steady stream of fluffy pro-America propaganda pumped into your head 24-hours a day. You have to admit that no side is perfect. Do Japanese internment camps ring a bell?
    Yes Hag, keep showing your distain for America like a good little libbie.

While Hitler was firing rockets into downtown London, and killing millions in death camps - the US shuld have never dropped a bomb on Berlin. We should have talked to him, and tried to reason with him

BTW hotshot, are you ever going to answer my question from another thread on what 2 quarters the US economy has negative growth and entered a recession?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    Japanese internment camps were wholly appropriate.

The Japanese were all settled on the West Coast where the Pacific Fleet was rebuilt and repaired and sent out from. They would of course have had spies hidden among them: that was the whole point of interning the Japanese.

The Yorktown was crucial to the Battle of Midway. The Japanese thought it had been sunk. It was repaired in three days and sent out to join the battle, and if those Japs hadn't been interned in a camp inland, the enemy would have known about the Yorktown.
    We did the same to Germans as well

And it was the libs idol FDR that did it

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah. I'm "un-American" because I can consider a different viewpoint.
    You guys are getting to the point where I can't tell the difference between you and a political cartoon.
    The fact of the matter remains that the US government rounded-up and interned legal US citizens based on their ethnicity. It also nuked two cities out of existence and bombed the hell out of countless German and Italian civilians. The US isn't perfect. Of course good won out over evil--nobody disputes that. The point is that our side did some pretty vile things too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah. I'm "un-American" because I can consider a different viewpoint.
    You guys are getting to the point where I can't tell the difference between you and a political cartoon.
    The fact of the matter remains that the US government rounded-up and interned legal US citizens based on their ethnicity. It also nuked two cities out of existence and bombed the hell out of countless German and Italian civilians. The US isn't perfect. Of course good won out over evil--nobody disputes that. The point is that our side did some pretty vile things too.
    You go out of your wasy to always talk about how rotten America is. We did not start the war, but we sure as hell ended it - and won

FDR did the right thing when he interned them. Unlike our enemies that killed outright

BTW,. thanks for answering my direct question. Oh, you didn't. Sorry

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You go out of your wasy to always talk about how rotten America is. We did not start the war, but we sure as hell ended it - and won

FDR did the right thing when he interned them. Unlike our enemies that killed outright

BTW,. thanks for answering my direct question. Oh, you didn't. Sorry
    I go out of my way to tell the truth rsr. You should deign to do the same every once in a while rather than always sticking to your whitewashed, "official" version of everything. Going through life going along with everything you're taught and everything you're told earns people the nickname "sheep" if you weren't already aware of that.
    And I never said he didn't do the "right thing" by interning them, but that doesn't change the fact that it was rotten. There may have been one or two "spies" in that lot. Anybody can speculate. Everybody else was innocent and was loyal to the US--their country of CITIZENSHIP. But you're so xenophobic that you can't fathom this fact.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Since I haven't seen the show I can't say much about it other than, yes we got our hands dirty. It's necessary in war time to do things that are not nice and to restrict yourself is dangerous and deadly. It is surprising to see a leftist calling stalin evil since their hero's chevez, castro, che and others all modeled themselves after him.

when you fight a war you have to fight a total war, not a piece meal action. It has to be fought against the entire country and not just the government. Break the will of the people to fight and you can defeat their government.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Since I haven't seen the show I can't say much about it other than, yes we got our hands dirty. It's necessary in war time to do things that are not nice and to restrict yourself is dangerous and deadly. It is surprising to see a leftist calling stalin evil since their hero's chevez, castro, che and others all modeled themselves after him.

when you fight a war you have to fight a total war, not a piece meal action. It has to be fought against the entire country and not just the government. Break the will of the people to fight and you can defeat their government.
    Goddamnit. I'm not a Communist. OF COURSE STALIN WAS EVIL. HE KILLED THOUSANDS. I'M NOT AN ALIEN WITH GREEN SKIN WHO EATS BABIES. Get it through your thick skulls. I'm the same as you. I love America and all the freedoms we all have--same as you. The only difference is that apparently I can think abstractly and you absolutely cannot.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 06-26-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I go out of my way to tell the truth rsr. You should deign to do the same every once in a while rather than always sticking to your whitewashed, "official" version of everything. Going through life going along with everything you're taught and everything you're told earns people the nickname "sheep" if you weren't already aware of that.
    And I never said he didn't do the "right thing" by interning them, but that doesn't change the fact that it was rotten. There may have been one or two "spies" in that lot. Anybody can speculate. Everybody else was innocent and was loyal to the US--their country of CITIZENSHIP. But you're so xenophobic that you can't fathom this fact.
    You go out of your way sprewing the liberal talking points. When busted you run away like others like BP

You have the ruight to express you opinion, but not your own facts

And like most libs, when someone nails you, you go to the insults and dismiss the truth as propaganda

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You go out of your way sprewing the liberal talking points. When busted you run away like others like BP

You have the ruight to express you opinion, but not your own facts

And like most libs, when someone nails you, you go to the insults and dismiss the truth as propaganda
    You're a hopeless moron (shrug) You've completely twisted and/or ignored everything I said just to hear yourself talk. And by "talk" I mean chant the same moronic bs you always chant. It's not my fault that you're completely incapable of considering a new point of view or of acknowledging simple truths.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 06-26-2008 at 02:24 PM.