Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Midwest Floods Highlight Decrepit Infrastructrure

What can be done? What could have been done? Who is responsible for the infrastructure? Is anyone being held accountable? Does this crumbling infrastructure have anything to do with a lack of attention by the bushies? I think it does and the Dems will use it to demolish the bushies and their likes in 2008 as they did in 2006!!!!!!!!!!

Source: Reuters

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The latest U.S. natural disaster is triggering fresh rounds of concern and debate about how to repair America's aging infrastructure.

The worst Midwest flooding since 1993 has generated images of swamped towns, cracked roads, washed-out bridges, overwhelmed dams, failed levees, broken sewage systems, stunted crops and water-logged refugees.

The losses are in the billions of dollars and still mounting, as the costs of crop losses alone send shocks through the inflation-wracked world food system and threaten insurers.

The disaster has reminded policymakers of the decrepit state of U.S. infrastructure, stirring concerns similar to those following the deadly Minneapolis bridge collapse in 2007 and the flooding of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Even before the latest flooding, a group representing engineers said the United States needed to spend about $1 trillion more than it does now to bring infrastructure up to par with modern needs and standards..........

More: http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...27639020080701

My, my, what's a good republican to do? I think you ought to vote for someone that understands and cares about the problems of the infrastructure. No question about it, the bushies don't give one hoot about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

'Zat so?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post

Wut 'cha got, P? Your same ol' same ol' lame shit?

I thought so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we cant because we would rather spend all our money (the government) on illegal alien scum

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    What can be done? What could have been done? Who is responsible for the infrastructure? Is anyone being held accountable? Does this crumbling infrastructure have anything to do with a lack of attention by the bushies? I think it does and the Dems will use it to demolish the bushies and their likes in 2008 as they did in 2006!!!!!!!!!!

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The latest U.S. natural disaster is triggering fresh rounds of concern and debate about how to repair America's aging infrastructure.

The worst Midwest flooding since 1993 has generated images of swamped towns, cracked roads, washed-out bridges, overwhelmed dams, failed levees, broken sewage systems, stunted crops and water-logged refugees.

The losses are in the billions of dollars and still mounting, as the costs of crop losses alone send shocks through the inflation-wracked world food system and threaten insurers.

The disaster has reminded policymakers of the decrepit state of U.S. infrastructure, stirring concerns similar to those following the deadly Minneapolis bridge collapse in 2007 and the flooding of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Even before the latest flooding, a group representing engineers said the United States needed to spend about $1 trillion more than it does now to bring infrastructure up to par with modern needs and standards..........

My, my, what's a good republican to do? I think you ought to vote for someone that understands and cares about the problems of the infrastructure. No question about it, the bushies don't give one hoot about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Soooooo, marty. Stop spending your bucks on the alien scum as you call them and send some of it to Iowa, Illinois and even to me here in the disenfranchised state of Mississippi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    we cant because we would rather spend all our money (the government) on illegal alien scum
    Would that make you feel better about your miserable self?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the same response here as I did for NOLA and Katrina - don't live or build in areas that are extremely likely to flood. Anyone who builds or lives in the Mississippi flood plains is a fool, pure and simple.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The most agriculturally productive lands in the world are in the flood plains of the Mississippi, CSOB. And the people that work those lands live there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    I have the same response here as I did for NOLA and Katrina - don't live or build in areas that are extremely likely to flood. Anyone who builds or lives in the Mississippi flood plains is a fool, pure and simple.
    You show more of your ignorance with each more ignorant than the last post that you make.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The most agriculturally productive lands in the world are in the flood plains of the Mississippi, CSOB. And the people that work those lands live there as well.

You show more of your ignorance with each more ignorant than the last post that you make.
    Hey dumbfuck, I live just east of St. Louis, MO, and get to cross the river on a regular basis. I know more about the issue than a tanked-up imbecile like you could ever know. A lot of the damage isn't related to farming, but rather to homes (and towns) that spring up as part of the St. Louis major metro area. They build there because it's close to the city and relatively inexpensive.

Get a clue before touching the keyboard again.

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    Yeah BUT big difference here than in NOLA...these folks aren't saying "the Gov" is responsible. Instead they say, "CHIT HAPPENS" we'll be fine.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Yeah BUT big difference here than in NOLA...these folks aren't saying "the Gov" is responsible. Instead they say, "CHIT HAPPENS" we'll be fine.
    There is that. Although some of us think it's time to remove a shit-load of those levees in the Mississippi river system and "de-stress" the river. It's the height of hubris to think that man can hold back the Gulf of Mexico in NOLA, and it's the height of hubris to think that we can constrain the mighty Mississipi.

But you are correct, there is not the outcry over "Pres. Bush is trying to commit genocide" because the Mississippi levees fail....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hahahah

Soooooo, marty. Stop spending your bucks on the alien scum as you call them and send some of it to Iowa, Illinois and even to me here in the disenfranchised state of Mississippi!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont spend my money on illegal alien scum, but thanks for assuming

Would that make you feel better about your miserable self?

You sure youre not talking about yourself

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If Congress didn't earmark funds, and the Dept. of Transportation was allowed to choose the projects that were most needed without political pressure, I think there would be a lot less worrying about infrastructure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"If"? 'Zat wut you said, Jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    If Congress didn't earmark funds, and the Dept. of Transportation was allowed to choose the projects that were most needed without political pressure, I think there would be a lot less worrying about infrastructure.
    If my aunt had testicles I think she would've been my uncle. Does that tell you anything about "if"?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hm, hey, since they claimed the majority, how's that impeachment of bush working out? Oh yeah, it isn't, nothing's being done about it, because they don't need to do anything, they just have to promise to do something, same thing that the Republicans are doing. Hm, notice a pattern in that?
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org