Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Yeah BUT big difference here than in NOLA...these folks aren't saying "the Gov" is responsible. Instead they say, "CHIT HAPPENS" we'll be fine.
    There is that. Although some of us think it's time to remove a shit-load of those levees in the Mississippi river system and "de-stress" the river. It's the height of hubris to think that man can hold back the Gulf of Mexico in NOLA, and it's the height of hubris to think that we can constrain the mighty Mississipi.

But you are correct, there is not the outcry over "Pres. Bush is trying to commit genocide" because the Mississippi levees fail....
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How in the hell can you seriously blame Bush and the republicans? Did the affected people and farmers all move there in the last 7 years? Was there not years worth of money not being spent properly by Dem also? This is an American problem, not a party issue. Give you movey to the churches and aid agencies that are going to help these people, if you choose. But quit trying to lay blame on a "natural" event.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    There is that. Although some of us think it's time to remove a shit-load of those levees in the Mississippi river system and "de-stress" the river. It's the height of hubris to think that man can hold back the Gulf of Mexico in NOLA, and it's the height of hubris to think that we can constrain the mighty Mississipi.

But you are correct, there is not the outcry over "Pres. Bush is trying to commit genocide" because the Mississippi levees fail....
    excellent point, but it has been a great strategy for the dems, pointing the finger away from them has worked wonders, especially when black people are involved...of course bush must be racist, but now that "bitter" white folk are flooding, you hear nothing, not even from big mouth kanye west...
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey dumbfuck, I live just east of St. Louis, MO, and get to cross the river on a regular basis. I know more about the issue than a tanked-up imbecile like you could ever know. A lot of the damage isn't related to farming, but rather to homes (and towns) that spring up as part of the St. Louis major metro area. They build there because it's close to the city and relatively inexpensive.

Get a clue before touching the keyboard again.
    I let this lay here for a day or 2 in order to check the propensities of the management. Let's analyze your statements, CSOB, and the inferences of the actions (or lack of them) subsequent to it.

Hey dumbfuck, I live just east of St. Louis, MO, and get to cross the river on a regular basis. I know more about the issue than a tanked-up imbecile like you could ever know. A lot of the damage isn't related to farming, but rather to homes (and towns) that spring up as part of the St. Louis major metro area. They build there because it's close to the city and relatively inexpensive.

Get a clue before touching the keyboard again.
    Like you started out, I'll start our with "dumbfuck". We've had members banned, if only temporarilly, for addressing other members in such a way.

Let's go on to your next idiotic statement. "I live just east of St. Louis, MO, and get to cross the river on a regular basis. I know more about the issue than a tanked-up imbecile like you could ever know." Does that make you as smart or even smarter as you intimate than the United States Corps Of Engineers or are you just lookin' for a fight? Maybe you are the real freakin' imbecile!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? How'd that flood turn out in St. Louis? In this instance, it didn't occur last I checked.

Here's what exposes you as a true imbecile. "A lot of the damage isn't related to farming, but rather to homes (and towns) that spring up as part of the St. Louis major metro area." The damage occured a bit above St. Louis, CSOB. You don't really know much about it, do you? How far above flood stage did the river get in the St. Louis major metro area? Last I checked it never got to flood stage in the St. Louis area.

Here's some more of your bullshit and otherwise ignorance. "They build there because it's close to the city and relatively inexpensive." They build there because the Corps Of Engineers said it was safe there, CSOB, and also because it is somehow affordable for them. And a lot of them enjoy the available fishing they find there, CSOB. Many of them have much more available and disposable cash than either of us. Want to debate that point?

You go on to warn me, "Get a clue before touching the keyboard again." I live in the flood plain, cowgirl, and I completely understand the propensities and the unusual and the unnatural occurances of the Mississippi River. I remain completely unhurt and unaffected even though the last flood in my area occured this past April and part of May. I found alternative residence, sustained my living habits, retained my possessions and even was able to give my animal pets all the care and sustainability they deserved and needed. I wrote a post/thread about it here somewhere. Do I need to find it for you?

Now, what does CSOB stand for? Cock Suckers Order of Brotherhood or Cock Sucker's Official Bastard? Dumbass, indeed?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

I love living on the Mississippi, CSOB. I can't assist you in your misery.