Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Already working on that on multiple counts. I've been getting involved in the local politics here, and I'm actually receiving pretty positive feedback. Mostly, it just seems like everyone's kind of been hanging back waiting for a leader to emerge, and I remember this one thing I got told in high school, "If you cannot find the kind of leader you would want to follow, then be that leader."

I think that's some of the problem, we all know people who would be an excellent leader, but they just don't seem to be taking that lead.
    I agree.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post

As a side note...

I ask you, what of all those who say they are voting for Obama because he is Black? Are they not racists?

It can only go one direction, see. You can vote FOR Obamabama because he's black, but you can't vote AGAINST him because he's black.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    "I don't know what's the matter with people: they don't learn by understanding; they learn by some other way, by rote, or something. Their knowledge is so fragile!" Richard Feynman

I have been listening to reasons why some would not vote for Barack Obama and one mentioned often is lack of experience. When Bush Jr ran for office the very same people excused his lack of experience claiming he would select good smart people who would give him sound advice. So why isn't BO given the same leeway? He is certainly a great deal smarter than W, has done a great deal more, and he too will have good smart people to consult with, so ask yourself why is it a negative in one case and not the other? Is it partisanship or racism?
    This has already been said, but it's worth repeating.

The media did comment on Bush's lack of experience and it has turned out to be a bad thing. Why place Obama in the same position??

1. Who says he's smarter? Kerry supporters said the same thing and we came to find out his grades were worse than Bush's. I'll wait for the transcripts.

2. What's he done????????

I'm not voting for him because I disagree with his politics. If I were a dem I'd have a hard time voting for a man who, after he won the Illinois Senate he immediately ran for US Senate, and again immediately started running for Pres. What has the man done? From what I see he hasn't even finished the jobs he was already elected to do. He voted 180 times present.