Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    I will give you the benefit of the doubt that YOU are mistaking two different people here. YOU refer to Marine82 while responding to 5stringsjeff, I am quite sure your are not saying Jeff is a simpleton because if you are your are much dumber than even I give you credit for......
    I was refering to a neg rep hillbilly82 left me regarding this post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    As an old Air Force vet that saw time in Korea, Viet Nam, Japan, Phillipines and Australia and an old Air National Guard troop that got activated for and served time on Title 10 orders in Grenada, Panama, Saudi Arabia (Persian Gulf I) as well as title 32 missions in Germany, Italy, Spain, Panama, Japan, Korea, Diego Garcia, and countless stateside training missions, I have no objection whatsoever for National Guard troops being mobilized for whatever mission the President and the state governors can agree upon. Get real folks!!!!!!!!!!!

The National Guard of the gwb type and years is long gone and for very damned good reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think im just better off not in the military at all that way I don't truly have to worry about it except to debate it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    I think im just better off not in the military at all that way I don't truly have to worry about it except to debate it.
    That statement applies to a lot of people. Some are made for the life and some are not. Sometimes, like in your case you have to try it out to realize it.

As long as the Army and Air National Guard are being designed into the defense plans of the nation, not the states, they will be up for international duty. They are a key component of the military. They are the "National" Guard, not the CA or TN Guard. Yes, they fall under the gov's of the state, but that is trumped by the pres and congress.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post
    That statement applies to a lot of people. Some are made for the life and some are not. Sometimes, like in your case you have to try it out to realize it.

As long as the Army and Air National Guard are being designed into the defense plans of the nation, not the states, they will be up for international duty. They are a key component of the military. They are the "National" Guard, not the CA or TN Guard. Yes, they fall under the gov's of the state, but that is trumped by the pres and congress.

AF
    Its just to bad we dont have any orgainized milita's left because they were all converted to national guard. Because of that fact im glad the supreme court recognized the 2nd amendment as an individual right and not a milita's right since militas dont exist anymore. Of course that does not stop them from banning the guns that really matter when shit hits the fan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Militias do exist, but not all of them are organized.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I find it just a bit funny that the very same person that goes on and on about how our soldiers aren't policemen want them back hear to play firemen.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I find it a bit funny that you missed the point entirely, zero!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I find it just a bit funny that the very same person that goes on and on about how our soldiers aren't policemen want them back hear to play firemen.
    But, it ain't the first for you, is it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    This is something that needs to be changed. The National Guard should be solely for the protection of the United States. Sending them overseas is weakening the defense of and aid to this country.
    We agree.

Why does that statement make me feel... icky? :-) Oh well, stranger things have happened in this world I guess.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is because the entire concept of standing armies got all messed up through the history of this nation. A well oraganized Milita would be a group of farmers or iorn workers or who ever that would train once in a while and come together in a crisis and in this day in time would need to be state funded (for things like helicopters and heavy equipment) but never the less the milita was representitive of the community and not subjected to overseas deployments. Now what you have is some sgt that when not deployed sits around and hazes privates calls it training and collects a pay check. Also they mix gang bangers from the inner cities and country boys and its all just suppost to work, commradery can not be forced it has to be born out of commonality. Basicly the national guard is like a pissed in version of a milita, the piss being the ex active duty guys who think everyone in the national guard should be professional soldiers when they are not nor were they ever ment to be but this mentality can ruin the commradary of the people who represent the community and the over seas deployments are not acceptable for someone who has another roll in the community, its not as seamless as the commercials make it out to be, 24 month deployments mess up the community, jobs, marriages, relationships, etc.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I am shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    We agree.

Why does that statement make me feel... icky? :-) Oh well, stranger things have happened in this world I guess.
    The Democrats used to oppose sending national guard troops overseas (gwb certainly used that up to the freakin' limit!!!!!!) while the pukes insisted it was prudent!!!!!!!

Actually, I agreed with the pukes back then. I can't help but see a recent and idiotic reversal of stance. Maybe all that volunteer crap is just that, volunteer crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey, I'm all in favor of having them back here, not to fight fires or place sand bags but to stand point on the border with plenty of ammo and shoot to kill orders.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the other hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey, I'm all in favor of having them back here, not to fight fires or place sand bags but to stand point on the border with plenty of ammo and shoot to kill orders.
    You really get confused about a lot of things, don't you, zero?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This thread was really getting good and then it pettered out into nonsense, to bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In addition to the hilarity already pointed out of the same people who once said that the National Guard wasn't really serving are now talking about how vital they are to the defense of the nation, I also find it hilarious that the same people who said that we, the plebeians, didn't need guns because we weren't threatened by anything (the old 'marauding redcoats' arguments) are now saying that we absolutely must have the National Guard home NOW to defend us from the threats that only exist when they aren't trying to ban guns.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The Govinator was on TV today, actually making sense for a change. With wildfires raging throughout California, and further natural disasters always a threat in the summer, Ah-nold wants to retain control of ALL the state's National Guard troops. He encouraged other governors to do the same.

I totally agree. Overseas deployment should be restricted to our active military. The National Guard should be restricted to protecting our country and helping out in times of crisis.
    How could anyone value helping other countries above our own?

That would be great but the only way we can do that and keep starting wars like we've been doing lately is with a draft