Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post
    That would be great but the only way we can do that and keep starting wars like we've been doing lately is with a draft
    Having a draft does not get you out of the financial consequences of having a war thats why rome had to take the wealth of the conquored nations in order to fuel its expansion, if you dont do that you will go bankrupt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    Having a draft does not get you out of the financial consequences of having a war thats why rome had to take the wealth of the conquored nations in order to fuel its expansion, if you dont do that you will go bankrupt.
    Irregardless, you still need people. (did I get that right DMP)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The exposure to international living and politics for our troops, ALL OF OUR TROOPS, is always more adviseable than the one legged approach of only familiar environmental training and mission assignment. Understanding that should be a prerequisite to anyone taking a position of troop endeavors.

But, that's just what I think:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Said1 View Post
    Irregardless, you still need people. (did I get that right DMP)
    It isent going to matter if you cant pay your people. People dont work for free. Once you start invading AND occupying nations it is no longer self defense of your own nation and in this situation there better be plunder for the additional sweat involved with painstaking task of occupying a nation otherwise its like starting a business and giving away your product for free. What the hell is the point of 24 month deployments if you are not walking away with a pocket full of gold or cash so you can reap the benefits when you return to rome or a cut of the oil profits from the producers when you cut the iraqi's throats and take the oil by force. This whole situation is total nonsense, why would someone invest this much time and money without a hell of a return on there investment. Just remember when rome fell because of this similar stupid nonsense there was no where to go and the world was plunged into the dark ages. I just pray that I can live and die in a great nation before our politicians and our military give it all away to a bunch of Neanderthals in 3rd world nations because we dont have the balls to take what we need by force even though we spend billions of dollars on our military.
    Last edited by rppearso; 08-01-2008 at 06:35 PM.