Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

At every presidential election time I always see two evils to vote for and have to vote for the lesser of the two. Same is happening this time around, but in this case its a real serious problem.

I view the LP as another evil. They have many things I don't agree with and I'm NOT willing to compromise. So I can go with Barr, or I can go with McCain. With Barr there is no win. Just a statement from my part that I don't like the other two parties. And it takes away from McCain's chances of winning.

So do I vote for the lesser of two evils with McCain and Barr and allow obamanation to take control of the country, just to show the repubs and hope they will get the message and change their ways? Four years of the obamanation will destroy this country. I have no doubt of that. And I am not about to vote one way to make a point. Much as I don't care for McCain's policies. I can't bring myself to vote for Barr because of the threat the obamanation means to this country.

If the dems were running a more centrist figure I would be inclined to go with Barr and make a statement. But they are not. They are running a ultra-liberal communist who's in the pocket of george soros and moveon. This is not the time for making statements. The LP needs to spend this year getting into congress with more than just a couple of seats.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    At every presidential election time I always see two evils to vote for and have to vote for the lesser of the two. Same is happening this time around, but in this case its a real serious problem.

I view the LP as another evil. They have many things I don't agree with and I'm NOT willing to compromise. So I can go with Barr, or I can go with McCain. With Barr there is no win. Just a statement from my part that I don't like the other two parties. And it takes away from McCain's chances of winning.

So do I vote for the lesser of two evils with McCain and Barr and allow obamanation to take control of the country, just to show the repubs and hope they will get the message and change their ways? Four years of the obamanation will destroy this country. I have no doubt of that. And I am not about to vote one way to make a point. Much as I don't care for McCain's policies. I can't bring myself to vote for Barr because of the threat the obamanation means to this country.

If the dems were running a more centrist figure I would be inclined to go with Barr and make a statement. But they are not. They are running a ultra-liberal communist who's in the pocket of george soros and moveon. This is not the time for making statements. The LP needs to spend this year getting into congress with more than just a couple of seats.
    Obama is going to run on race and is a shoe in. Vote for whoever you think would make the best president of America.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Problem being, how do they get in with the exact opinion you're espousing here? If no one takes the party seriously, or doesn't vote for it because "they have no chance" (Which is crap, as our founders were Libertarians, and ran the county quite well given the circumstances), then there's no chance for anything.

Now, as to the other point, what parts do you have a problem with as far as the LP?
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the name of "pragmatism" the Libertarian party decided to select an uber-religious conservative to gain votes away from McCain. I wouldn't vote Libertarian this year BECAUSE I strongly support the platform of the party. I don't need religious nannyism any more than I need the government to tell me what kind of helmet I have to wear. That it is presented in a Libertarian package doesn't change the reality that Barr is NOT Libertarian.
    Last edited by No1tovote4; 08-03-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Problem being, how do they get in with the exact opinion you're espousing here? If no one takes the party seriously, or doesn't vote for it because "they have no chance" (Which is crap, as our founders were Libertarians, and ran the county quite well given the circumstances), then there's no chance for anything.

Now, as to the other point, what parts do you have a problem with as far as the LP?
    They need numbers. I don't hold much with polls but they need to have some decent showing in polls that tell me there is a real interest and possibility of winning for me to consider them.

They have no chance of winning, so my voting for them is just a statement, this is not the year to make statements. Similar statements were made in 92 and we got clinton.

I don't like their stance on borders, drugs, abortion, defense. Just to name a few off the top of my head.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    It is my sole purpose until November, and at all other times actually to educate folks as to why the LP is better for America than the two clusterfucks we have in power. Anyone care to debate it?
    The time to champion a third party- or any fringe candidate - is during the primary season. Now is the time to get behind the least liberal, or more consrvative, and vote for him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They need numbers. I don't hold much with polls but they need to have some decent showing in polls that tell me there is a real interest and possibility of winning for me to consider them.

They have no chance of winning, so my voting for them is just a statement, this is not the year to make statements. Similar statements were made in 92 and we got clinton.

I don't like their stance on borders, drugs, abortion, defense. Just to name a few off the top of my head.
    Nor was 04, 00, or 96. How much worse before, it's "time"? The worst thing that a libertarian president would do is overextend Liberty, which really isn't such a bad thing.

You're against closed borders? that just seems weird, I mean that's one of the few places the federal government really does need to step in, cause no matter how you look at it, we can't allow the current to tide to keep going. Second, per LP party, abortion is a states rights issue (If you're against it or for it, doesn't matter on the federal level, if your state decides no, then the answer's no), and national defense, as in defending ourselves, not playing SimCity with other countries. As far as drugs, which ones are you referring to? Because, so far, to be honest, Barr hasn't really gone at drugs (neither of the other two have either), but personally, the "war on drugs" has been a colossal failure, so we need to look in a new direction on that.

No, we're not some loony group that thinks the government has no place to do anything, but the federal government needs to focus on its priorities, and let the states run themselves. The NCLB needs to go, along with the fed branch of the department of education.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    The time to champion a third party- or any fringe candidate - is during the primary season. Now is the time to get behind the least liberal, or more conservative, and vote for him.
    Glock..... the primaries only put forward the candidates that go up for each party. So, what you're saying is, vote for 3rd parties during the primaries, then abandon your choice of who would be the best candidate, and try and pick the one who sucks less of the two mainstream candidates? Yes, we'll change so much that way, I mean, let's just look at how well that philosophy is working out in this country. Crap politician after crap politician on both sides, to such a point that the current two could be decided between with a coin flip, and almost no one has any faith left in the government.

Yeah, thanks, I'll stink with my plan.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Glock..... the primaries only put forward the candidates that go up for each party. So, what you're saying is, vote for 3rd parties during the primaries, then abandon your choice of who would be the best candidate, and try and pick the one who sucks less of the two mainstream candidates? Yes, we'll change so much that way, I mean, let's just look at how well that philosophy is working out in this country. Crap politician after crap politician on both sides, to such a point that the current two could be decided between with a coin flip, and almost no one has any faith left in the government.

Yeah, thanks, I'll stink with my plan.
    You won't change a thing by supporting the Libertarian candidate, and you may make things worse. As much as I like Barr I won't be voting for him. Any conservative who does shall front a portion of the blame if Obama wins. That's a fact, no matter how unpleasant it is and how much you want to deny it.

I sent a message to McCain during the NC primary by voting for Keyes. Where was Barr during the primary? Heck- where was Thompson? From what I can tell McCain’s moved right so maybe he was listening to folks like me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nor was 04, 00, or 96. How much worse before, it's "time"? The worst thing that a libertarian president would do is overextend Liberty, which really isn't such a bad thing.

You're against closed borders? that just seems weird, I mean that's one of the few places the federal government really does need to step in, cause no matter how you look at it, we can't allow the current to tide to keep going. Second, per LP party, abortion is a states rights issue (If you're against it or for it, doesn't matter on the federal level, if your state decides no, then the answer's no), and national defense, as in defending ourselves, not playing SimCity with other countries. As far as drugs, which ones are you referring to? Because, so far, to be honest, Barr hasn't really gone at drugs (neither of the other two have either), but personally, the "war on drugs" has been a colossal failure, so we need to look in a new direction on that.

No, we're not some loony group that thinks the government has no place to do anything, but the federal government needs to focus on its priorities, and let the states run themselves. The NCLB needs to go, along with the fed branch of the department of education.
    I am for closing the borders and enforcing ALL the laws concerning illegal aliens. I may have misread something concerning LP's stand on the borders. My understanding was they wanted open borders. If they don't I stand corrected.

The best defense is a good offense. That has always been the case and I prefer taking war to our enemies instead of them bringing it to us. No war should ever be fought on our shores. If building a new country in our image is what it takes to secure our peace then we need to do just that.

The primary platform of the LP since the 60's has been the freedom to do drugs. Making ALL drugs legal. The war on drugs has failed because it has been gone at piece meal. Like everything else the government does.

There are things the LP stand for I agree with. And important ones I don't. And right now we have a serious threat to this country in the form of an ultra-left communist. If you think you have less freedoms right now, just let him get in there with a lib congress.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am for closing the borders and enforcing ALL the laws concerning illegal aliens. I may have misread something concerning LP's stand on the borders. My understanding was they wanted open borders. If they don't I stand corrected.

LIBERTARIANS ADJUSTED THEIR PLATFORM CONCERNING OPEN BORDERS. THAT WAS BEFORE THE LAST PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

The best defense is a good offense. That has always been the case and I prefer taking war to our enemies instead of them bringing it to us. No war should ever be fought on our shores. If building a new country in our image is what it takes to secure our peace then we need to do just that.

The primary platform of the LP since the 60's has been the freedom to do drugs. Making ALL drugs legal. The war on drugs has failed because it has been gone at piece meal. Like everything else the government does.

THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY WAS NOT FOUNDED UNTIL 1971, JUST SO YOU KNOW.

There are things the LP stand for I agree with. And important ones I don't. And right now we have a serious threat to this country in the form of an ultra-left communist. If you think you have less freedoms right now, just let him get in there with a lib congress.

The LP also stands for NO IRS! How do you like that idea?

Abolish Current Eminant Domain laws.

Return more control to states, counties and coher of communities.

Shrink Federal Government. Do you really think either of the two clusterfucks want to do that?

Legalizing drugs would all but eliminate drug murder, which woulod reduce the murder rate considerably. Not to mention black on black murder. Ut oh, I made a race statement.

No snooping in your personal business.

Rid ourselves of the SS nightmare and start a real savings plan for retirement.

Get government out of businesses.

These are several more good reasons to vote for the LP then either of the two majors. You are right, unless people wake the fuck up, we won't win. But stairs are climbed one step at a time. We will survive Obama. Better than that, this country probably needs a dose of that to ice the pre-Libertarian cake.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

TWe will survive Obama. Better than that, this country probably needs a dose of that to ice the pre-Libertarian cake.
    Uh Oh, looks like the cat has been let out of the bag. So this is the strategy? Pull enough votes away from McCain to assure an Obama win which will screw up the country so bad that the Libers will actually be able to get more than 6% of the vote....... pretty weak and beginning to sound cultish and Barr reminds me of someone that would lead one...... why does he refer to himself in the third person, doesn't he realize that it makes him sound nuts. I'm taking the vote I was going to give them in 2012, back, anyone but!
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Uh Oh, looks like the cat has been let out of the bag. So this is the strategy? Pull enough votes away from McCain to assure an Obama win which will screw up the country so bad that the Libers will actually be able to get more than 6% of the vote....... pretty weak and beginning to sound cultish and Barr reminds me of someone that would lead one...... why does he refer to himself in the third person, doesn't he realize that it makes him sound nuts. I'm taking the vote I was going to give them in 2012, back, anyone but!
    You know come to think of it, voting for who you think represents the best ideaology of political platform can never be wrong! I believe in a flat tax, less government, more liberty and am tired of watching my country accept your philosophy of voting for a wrong and trying to make it look like a right.

If you choose to label me a cultist, so be it! I am suprised that someone I have always thought so much of on here would stoop tp that terminology sir.

If it is necessary for Americans to be dealt a hand of cards that have Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, Rangel, Kerry and Kennedy included in them to see what the hell they did to this country by agreeing to allow the infringement of our liberty, tax us to death and overgovern our lives, then it is necessary. For you to label the only group of americans with BALLS enough to stand up to it as cultists, shame on you man. Shame, shame, shame.

If you don't like the fact that I am a Libertarian:
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You know come to think of it, voting for who you think represents the best ideaology of political platform can never be wrong! I believe in a flat tax, less government, more liberty and am tired of watching my country accept your philosophy of voting for a wrong and trying to make it look like a right.

If you choose to label me a cultist, so be it! I am suprised that someone I have always thought so much of on here would stoop tp that terminology sir.

If it is necessary for Americans to be dealt a hand of cards that have Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, Rangel, Kerry and Kennedy included in them to see what the hell they did to this country by agreeing to allow the infringement of our liberty, tax us to death and overgovern our lives, then it is necessary. For you to label the only group of americans with BALLS enough to stand up to it as cultists, shame on you man. Shame, shame, shame.

If you don't like the fact that I am a Libertarian:
    I was kidding emmett, that is what the jokester smilie indicates...... your reaction was a bit harsh, don't ya think?
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I was kidding emmett, that is what the jokester smilie indicates...... your reaction was a bit harsh, don't ya think?
    Yeah, maybe so. Please accept my sincere apology as it appears i over reacted to your statement. I am indeed sorry about that.

Make no mistake about the fact however that I am unwaivering in my commitment to spread the message. You have probably deduced that. Bob Barr is more qualified to represent the common interests of conservatives in America than John McCain. I think you know this is true as does every like minded thinker on the planet. This voting for a lesser of evils thing is tired. We would be better off if every Republican in the US went in and voted for Bob Barr. We would have a better President. One who respected our civil liberties much more than the present two majors.

So I guess you could also say that John MCain is costing Bob Barr votes. Which of these men really....truely.....represents your core beliefs more closely. Be honest. It's not an electability question. It is a direct question about you and the person who represents your hearfelt beliefs about what is right for America.

I know your answer I think, I just wanted to get you thinking.

Bob Barr would be better for American conservatives than John McCain. The fact that he represents the Libertarian Party and not the Republicans is what would stop folks for voting for him. What a fucked up system.