Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Sign Me Up For Camp!

http://www.aldenteblog.com/2008/07/rock-like-a-foo.html

Rock Like a Foodie at Tom Douglas's Culinary Summer Camp
    by KitchenMaus on July 18, 2008

Stage_2 Where do you get to cook a three-course meal in a restaurant kitchen, sample some of the most talked-about dishes from around town, learn from Seattle culinary royalty, groove to disco, and drink mimosas all day? Tom Douglas's Culinary Summer Camp, of course. I had the unbelievable good fortune to attend one day of summer camp last week, and let me tell you--it left me hungry for more!

This year's week of foodie heaven included five full days of cooking demonstrations, technique instruction, taste tests, hands-on cooking, "friendly" competition, and lots and lots of eating. The week started off with the group of 30+ campers forming two teams. Each team designed, planned, shopped for, cooked, and served a three-course meal for the other team and the esteemed chef judges. Teams bought supplies at Pike Place Market and cooked their meals at the Palace Kitchen. The day I attended was the second day of the restaurant adventure and I was treated to chilled cucumber, garlic, and almond soup, a cool salad of grilled asparagus and onions with fresh ricotta, heirloom tomatoes, and crostini, a main course of pan-seared Alaskan halibut cheeks with a delicious sweet summer corn relish, and a fresh-fruit crêpe finale. Oh, and all with paired wines. Of course....
    The Camp:

http://www.tomdouglas.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that is a good idea!
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

pan-seared Alaskan halibut cheeks
    okay, I know gourmet food is supposed to be served in small quantities, but how many halibut have to die so their cheeks make a mouthful?........
    ...full immersion.....