Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Knives should be banned

knives kill ... people don't ... right

Country grapples with surge of knife attacks

LONDON (AFP) - Britain is struggling to get to grips with a surge of fatal knife attacks, which analysts say reflects a growing sense of insecurity on the country's streets.

That came after nine people were killed across the country the previous week, including six in only 24 hours.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/britainc...dYwc66LjsDW7oF

people kill and if they don't have guns, they will find a way. sad as it is.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

The problem is not the knives, but the growth of gang culture. and because of this more people are carrying knives on the street, as they want to 'feel safe' and 'protect themselves' (these are the words and phrases they are using) but surprise surprise the more people that carry knives the more stabbings their have been, so at the minute the government is tryin to bring in tougher penalties if you are caught with a knife (as i have aired on this site i think there should be an instant 3 year prison term)

See the difference? There are stabbings in the UK and the People, the media and politicians all call of youths to leave knives and home, as more knives leads to more death...but in the USA when there are shootings, some people, some media and some politicians call for more guns for less death....just bewildering...

And just as a side note, no one is calling for a knife ban.
    Last edited by Noir; 07-20-2008 at 05:26 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i don't believe the UK has the 2nd amendment
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    i don't believe the UK has the 2nd amendment
    Your point being?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Your point being?
    the argument over more or less guns is not always about "guns" themselves, bu the right to own the them...more or less sometimes being proverbial in discussing rights.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

knives kill ... people don't ... right

Country grapples with surge of knife attacks

LONDON (AFP) - Britain is struggling to get to grips with a surge of fatal knife attacks, which analysts say reflects a growing sense of insecurity on the country's streets.
    Interesting.

Great Britain, after the United States, is probably the most Conservative country in the world.

Conservatism kills.
    Building a better America by hammering the Right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Interesting.

Great Britain, after the United States, is probably the most Conservative country in the world.

Conservatism kills.
    yes, i am sure all those murderers are conservatives....

saudi arabia is quite conservative and their murder rate is very low, let's implement islam and hey, iran has a low murder rate

your attempt at making a correlation fails miserably, for there is nothing inherent in a conservative form of government that induces murders, be it by guns, knifes or bare hands.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if they will eventually get around to banning.....sharp sticks!?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I wonder if they will eventually get around to banning.....sharp sticks!?
    ......and stones

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Erm...before you get carried away with talk about banning lots of stuff can you link me to a MP or Minister calling for this so called Knife ban?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Erm...before you get carried away with talk about banning lots of stuff can you link me to a MP or Minister calling for this so called Knife ban?
    no one called for it, it is tongue in cheek and playing on the hysteria anti-second amendment folks go into when someone dies by a gun. did not mean to give the impression any official person called for it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

no one called for it, it is tongue in cheek and playing on the hysteria anti-second amendment folks go into when someone dies by a gun. did not mean to give the impression any official person called for it.
    Rightyo, sorry my bad. I'm just always up for an argument (especially when its about my wee country)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well! I've heard talk by people over there who would like to ban knives..

The sad thing......it will probably happen.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Well! I've heard talk by people over there who would like to ban knives..

The sad thing......it will probably happen.
    And some people like to dress up as babys and get spanked at the weekend for kicks, doesn't mean its a mainstream idea, i have not seen one political party nor one new channel ever even mention a ban, so those that do are just the ultra foolish trouble makers, that try and give us a bad name

...unless you to were being 'tongue and cheek'...in which case i will look quiet the fool, and so then please ignore the above text and refer to my last post (i hate tryin to gauge tone on the internet, lawl.)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And some people like to dress up as babys and get spanked at the weekend for kicks, doesn't mean its a mainstream idea, i have not seen one political party nor one new channel ever even mention a ban, so those that do are just the ultra foolish trouble makers, that try and give us a bad name

...unless you to were being 'tongue and cheek'...in which case i will look quiet the fool, and so then please ignore the above text and refer to my last post (i hate tryin to gauge tone on the internet, lawl.)
    Well, you should know.