Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Poll - 36% feel Obama Will Not Be Effective As CIC

As the messiah goes on his "Save The World" tiur - a new NY Times poll throws some cold water on his multi media photo op

Poll Shows Americans Afraid of Obama as Commander-in-Chief
    Townhall ^ | July 18, 2008 | Floyd and Mary Beth Brown

Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:24:07 PM by 2ndDivisionVet

On the night of January 20, 2009, a new commander-in-chief will leave the inaugural podium, parade, and festivities for the Oval Office. A national security staff ready with the latest “threat briefing” will join him there. On his desk, they will place a thick binder of reports, each focusing on real or emerging threats to our national security. In the quiet of the Oval Office -- in the presence of these stern-faced, deadly serious briefers and advisers -- Barack H. Obama, should he be the next president, will come face-to-face with reality.

Americans are afraid of this scenario, Barack H. Obama as commander-in-chief. The New York Times and CBS News released a poll this week; in it, Americans answered detailed questions about this possibility.

The poll’s answers shocked the strategists at the Obama campaign headquarters in Chicago. An intensive international travel schedule for Obama and a refocus of the campaign’s message on defense and foreign policy speaks to this fear.

The poll says Americans consider him lacking in the abilities necessary to run the armed services. Conversely, the polls show John McCain blows Obama out of the water as a good commander-in-chief. Forty-six percent of respondents thought McCain would very likely “be effective” as commander-in-chief, as opposed to only 24 percent saying the same of Obama. In fact, 36 percent think it is “not likely” Obama will be effective in the position.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/news/2047337/posts

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Borrowing a page from MFM, I heard some conversation on talk radio Saturday. A female, no name, but a Barack supporter, agreed that his lack of experience would be an invitation, that would be accepted, by governments around the world influenced by terrorists, to test him, ala JFK.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Borrowing a page from MFM, I heard some conversation on talk radio Saturday. A female, no name, but a Barack supporter, agreed that his lack of experience would be an invitation, that would be accepted, by governments around the world influenced by terrorists, to test him, ala JFK.
    Yea, the terrorists are so scared of the messiah - they are holding their side laughing
    Last edited by red states rule; 07-21-2008 at 03:02 PM.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JFK seemed to pass the test, didn't he? Khrushchev was the one who blinked.

nonetheless, I would imagine that RSR is hoping for a similar end to an Obama presidency.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post

nonetheless, I would imagine that RSR is hoping for a similar end to an Obama presidency.
    and you are comparing JFK to this clod - your messiah?

That is like comparing steak to hamburger

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    and you are comparing JFK to this clod - your messiah?

That is like comparing steak to hamburger

I didn't make the comparison, moron. Kathianne brought it up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Why am I not surprised that you would be happy to see the world brought to the brink of destruction, just to say your guy 'won?' JFK's piss poor policies nearly destroyed the earth, you think that a good thing?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why am I not surprised that you would be happy to see the world brought to the brink of destruction, just to say your guy 'won?' JFK's piss poor policies nearly destroyed the earth, you think that a good thing?
    The terrorist have their post Obama election plan in the works

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You forget that the USA is in a divisive position these days as to not be a unified country. That is the stated goal of Osama. We are falling apart because the uniter failed to unite. This presumed FEAR of terrorists will be around as long as you fear. I am not afraid and would like for those who are, to not take my freedoms to save me.
    Obama will be just fine as Commander in Chief. He will listen to his advisers and not change reports to fit his agenda as has Bush.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

do I think standing up to the soviet union and making them take ICBM's out of Cuba was a good thing? damned right I do. I can't believe that you don't!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

do I think standing up to the soviet union and making them take ICBM's out of Cuba was a good thing? damned right I do. I can't believe that you don't!
    That it was never a necessary crisis, I find it wrong. That you applaud the wrong by that administration speaks volumes for the present.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    You forget that the USA is in a divisive position these days as to not be a unified country. That is the stated goal of Osama. We are falling apart because the uniter failed to unite. This presumed FEAR of terrorists will be around as long as you fear. I am not afraid and would like for those who are, to not take my freedoms to save me.
    Obama will be just fine as Commander in Chief. He will listen to his advisers and not change reports to fit his agenda as has Bush.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That it was never a necessary crisis, I find it wrong. That you applaud the wrong by that administration speaks volumes for the present.
    Intercontinental ballistic missiles on launchers 90 miles from our coastline was not a crisis? do tell.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JFK was one of the worst CNCs there ever was. His abysmal foreign policy lead to the Bay of Pigs disaster, American intervention into the Vietnam war, and of course we were put on the brink of nuclear annihiliation.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    JFK was one of the worst CNCs there ever was. His abysmal foreign policy lead to the Bay of Pigs disaster, American intervention into the Vietnam war, and of course we were put on the brink of nuclear annihiliation.
    Yeah...we name aircraft carriers after lousy CinCs!

the Bay of Pigs was an Ike idea that JFK went along with. He regretted that. American intervention in Vietnam was also an Ike deal. It was LBJ and McNamara (and Tonkin Gulf) that truly screwed the pooch about Vietnam...not JFK. And again... if you don't think it was a wise idea to stand up to the Soviet Union when they had ICBM's on launchers 90 miles away from us, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.