Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I am sure Bush has an extreme case of Clinton envy.
    Not only was Clinton a popular president, he was able to get blow jobs whenever he wanted to.
    And Clinton was a much better liar than Bush is.
    Wouldnt be difficult since Bush isnt of the habit of lying. You guys have yet to prove he has lied about anything.

However, you have told us a lot about your character by being proud that your political leaders are better at lying to you then the opponents.

Most sane people would have issues with their leaders lying to them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Desperate times for Republicans.....

The leading contenders for the '08 nomination make hard-core right-wingers want to barf. Rudy and Mitt are RINOs (Oh, God!). And McCain has no chance. He's tied his fortunes to Bush's Iraq fiasco......bad move.

Newt is their only hope of a conservative nominee.

And he's a sleazebag.

It's gonna be pretty amusing to watch right-wingers try to put "Newt Gingrich" and "family values" in the same sentence without the sentence imploding.

Politics: The best spectator sport there is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post

And he's a sleazebag.

..... .
    Aren't you the Democrat who is supossedly reasonable and above the fray? If so you out to have sone resoect for Newt. He has some great ideas about working with those on the opposite side to get things done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm on Newt's bandwagon all the way. And while this is the first I'd heard about his remorse regarding his affairs, it doesn't change how I feel about him. I still think Newt is the most intelligent and most qualified candidate out there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    I'm on Newt's bandwagon all the way. And while this is the first I'd heard about his remorse regarding his affairs, it doesn't change how I feel about him. I still think Newt is the most intelligent and most qualified candidate out there.
    No doubt about it. I'm hoping he layed this confesson out to get it out of the way so he can start a serious run. I've never known a candidate I believed so strongly in. He can smoke em all in any debate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The leading contenders for the '08 nomination make hard-core right-wingers want to barf. Rudy and Mitt are RINOs (Oh, God!). And McCain has no chance. He's tied his fortunes to Bush's Iraq fiasco......bad move.

And he's a sleazebag.

It's gonna be pretty amusing to watch right-wingers try to put "Newt Gingrich" and "family values" in the same sentence without the sentence imploding.

Politics: The best spectator sport there is.
    I don't think times are as desperate for us as you think.There may be Republicans that aren't happy with Bush,but that doesn't mean they will abandon their values and vote Democrat. Look at how big of a fool Hillary made of herself this week. She is only helping our cause.She also isn't as popular with women and blacks as one might think either.

I personally like Newt too. Actually,I like several of the candidates. Tancredo,Guliani(altho I disagree with his abortion stance). Can't say that I like McCain anymore tho....he's a Republicrat

Maybe Newt had an affair,but at least HE was HONEST about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bet 10 bucks Newt doesn't believe in God.
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    I bet 10 bucks Newt doesn't believe in God.
    That's an interesting conclusion, Hugh. How do you arrive at it?

I ask because I wouldn't take the bet; I've wondered the same thing about him myself. He strikes me as more a pure capitalist of the George Bush stripe - and, if George Bush is a believer, I don't know how he sleeps at night. Maybe it's just that cozy and comfortable in the watch pocket of his masters. But, I digress.

My (admittedly subjective) sense of Newt Gingrich is one of sharp, deadly intellect - and humble, confessional religiosity is the smart move right now. And, I mean RIGHT NOW; the timing of all this is exquisite. It displays a canny understanding of the election cycle, the media's appetite, and the public's attention span. This guy could be hard to beat.

Whether that's a good thing for conservatism and - therefore - this country - remains to be seen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Aren't you the Democrat who is supossedly reasonable and above the fray? If so you out to have sone resoect for Newt. He has some great ideas about working with those on the opposite side to get things done.
    glock: I'll reserve judgment on the Newtster. I'm not sure if he can be a serious candidate. He has a lot of baggage. But then, so does Rudy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

glock: I'll reserve judgment on the Newtster. I'm not sure if he can be a serious candidate. He has a lot of baggage. But then, so does Rudy.
    So do I. So do you. It's part and parcel of humanity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

musicman: If you or I get divorced, it's not that big a deal. If Rudy Giuliani gets divorced, it has implications for his political career.

And if Newt Gingrich plays "hide the salami" with his secretary, the ripples created by that little dalliance extend far beyond his personal sphere.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is one of the reasons I am really liking Mitt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

musicman: If you or I get divorced, it's not that big a deal. If Rudy Giuliani gets divorced, it has implications for his political career.

And if Newt Gingrich plays "hide the salami" with his secretary, the ripples created by that little dalliance extend far beyond his personal sphere.
    Sane people will account for the human factor, though. Hell, they've GOT to - the only perfect human was crucified for his trouble. If a candidate can keep his resume' free of stuff like perjury, or leaving a secretary to drown in order to save his political ass, people can grasp the concept of human frailty. And - now that the curse of the MSM/DNC's thirty-year monopoly on the dissemination of information has been lifted - voters can certainly discern the primary direction from which partisan meanness and hypocrisy come.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musicman View Post
    Sane people will account for the human factor, though. Hell, they've GOT to - the only perfect human was crucified for his trouble. If a candidate can keep his resume' free of stuff like perjury, or leaving a secretary to drown in order to save his political ass, people can grasp the concept of human frailty. And - now that the curse of the MSM/DNC's thirty-year monopoly on the dissemination of information has been lifted - voters can certainly discern the primary direction from which partisan meanness and hypocrisy come.
    Yes, I've never held a candate's personal indiscretions against them, except in the case of Clinton, where he used the frickin' Oval Office for his dalliances with Monica. That pissed me off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I've never held a candate's personal indiscretions against them, except in the case of Clinton, where he used the frickin' Oval Office for his dalliances with Monica. That pissed me off.
    Well, the fact that he used the Oval Office just pointed out his audacity and utter depravity. But, the American electorate sent this self-absorbed reprobate TO that office - TWICE! What the hell did they expect? Monica was just a symptom.

No - it was what that sorry little episode told us - and the world - about ourselves that pissed me off.