Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default House Weighs Overturning 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

I wonder where this one will wind up?

Source: CNN

A House panel weighed overturning the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy Wednesday, the first time Congress has considered the rule since it was implemented 15 years ago.

The policy, adopted in 1993, allows gay and lesbian individuals to serve in the armed forces as long as they do not publicly engage in homosexual behavior. The law also prevents military leaders from asking a service member about his or her sexual orientation.

Congress implemented the "don't ask, don't tell" law after President Clinton backed away from a plan to allow homosexuals to serve openly in the military. The armed forces' most senior officers resisted the plan, saying they feared that homosexuals would disrupt unit cohesion and morale.

The House Armed Services Committee's subcommittee was considering a bill by Rep. Ellen Tauscher, D-California, that would repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" law...........

More: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/...ell/index.html

I bet the policy remains as is or gets even more liberal than it already is, but that's just what I think. There will come a time when the Log Cabin Republicans will again become proud of their chosen political party, don't cha know?!?!???!??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this should not be ignored, its an important issue, no whater where you stand

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    I wonder where this one will wind up?

Source: CNN

A House panel weighed overturning the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy Wednesday, the first time Congress has considered the rule since it was implemented 15 years ago.

The policy, adopted in 1993, allows gay and lesbian individuals to serve in the armed forces as long as they do not publicly engage in homosexual behavior. The law also prevents military leaders from asking a service member about his or her sexual orientation.

Congress implemented the "don't ask, don't tell" law after President Clinton backed away from a plan to allow homosexuals to serve openly in the military. The armed forces' most senior officers resisted the plan, saying they feared that homosexuals would disrupt unit cohesion and morale.

The House Armed Services Committee's subcommittee was considering a bill by Rep. Ellen Tauscher, D-California, that would repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" law...........

More: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/...ell/index.html

I bet the policy remains as is or gets even more liberal than it already is, but that's just what I think. There will come a time when the Log Cabin Republicans will again become proud of their chosen political party, don't cha know?!?!???!??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely, marteen.

What do you think about those Log Cabin Republicans? Ain't they a sight?!?!?!?!?!?!