Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? I dont want you guys sidetracking this thread.
    Why are his campaign signs up in Germany anyway - let alone at a Holy site?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Why are his campaign signs up in Germany anyway - let alone at a Holy site?
    RED STATES RULE THINKS THAT THE WESTERN WALL IS A HOLY SITE IN GERMANY!!!!!! WHAT A MORON!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

::::: crickets chirping:::::

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Obama camp did bring campaign signs to Germany as well. But at the last minute decided not to use them, I guess it took them that long to figure out it was tasteless to do that while overseas. Something they didn't think of when they were in Israel.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    The Obama camp did bring campaign signs to Germany as well. But at the last minute decided not to use them, I guess it took them that long to figure out it was tasteless to do that while overseas. Something they didn't think of when they were in Israel.
    that does not change the fact that RSR thinks that the Western Wall is in Germany.

You can't cover up that fuck up, but you're quite the team player for trying!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    that does not change the fact that RSR thinks that the Western Wall is in Germany.

You can't cover up that fuck up, but you're quite the team player for trying!!!
    Obviously he got the two events confused. I guess you "one-upped" him in your silly game with him.

Care to address the issue of the thread now?
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Obviously he got the two events confused. I guess you "one-upped" him in your silly game with him.

Care to address the issue of the thread now?
    I refer you to post 12

and he may have the two events "confused", but he nonetheless thought that the western wall was a holy shrine in GERMANY.
    Last edited by retiredman; 07-24-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    posters on police baracades are NOT desecrating the Western Wall.

If his campaign stuck them to the Wall itself (along with the thousands of notes stuck onto and into the wall every day by observant Jews, btw) THAT would have been a desecration of a Holy site.
    Nonetheless, it was tasteless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Nonetheless, it was tasteless.
    but not desecrating a holy site.

that was my only point.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How appropriate is it to post campaign banners at the most sacred site in Judaism; the Western Wall in the Old City of Jerusalem? Would the Vatican or the Great Mosque in Mecca be similarly appropriate locales in the eyes of the Obama campaign?

The intentions of the Obama campaign are transparent. They seek to create the impression of gravitas and a command of military and foreign affairs. This is fair enough and standard when a candidate has such a meager resume and limited experience as Senator Obama. Look for him to further bolster his gravitas and policy bona fides with his vice presidential pick.

Furthermore, enunciating the principals and proposals one will pursue once in office is a fundamental part of political campaigns. Voters should have a clear understanding of the positions of those who seek public office; particularly the highest office in the land.

However, to travel abroad and engage in what appears to be a series of combination campaign photo-ops and long term negotiation sessions borders dangerously on hubris, arrogance and irresponsibility. This says nothing of the flagrant politization of the holy ground of one the world's major monotheistic religions.

Not only is this highly distasteful, it is disrespectful and insulting. Though I am sure the average Obama staffer and supporter would be among the first to rage on about the separation of church and state, clearly they have no problem using holy sites and imagery as the backdrop for political posturing.

Though lost in the heady abandon and narrow focus of a presidential campaign, perhaps the Obama team should take a step back, if for only a brief moment. Beyond the cherished images and footage, serious consideration must be given to the future impact on politics and policy development by the Senator’s trip.

What does it say about the state of our electorate when our presidential candidates seek thousands of foreign supporters as the backdrop for their campaign and media events? Is the good Senator from Illinois running for President of the United States or Secretary General of the United Nations?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16172

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been worried about and wondering about the same thing since about 2000, bkp. How could any country elect a thrice failed businessman, an alcoholic cokehead, a genuine example of northeast elitism that considers himself far above the law, one that couldn't even show up for his very meager national guard drills and physicals, etc., etc., to the highest office in the land if not the world?

It seems most of my worries were well founded. The village idiot will go down in American history as the greatest military failure and the greatest domestic failure and the greatest insult to American international objectives and the greastest threat to global environmental objectives that this country could possibly produce!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't you like to drink a beer with him?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    I've been worried about and wondering about the same thing since about 2000, bkp. How could any country elect a thrice failed businessman, an alcoholic cokehead, a genuine example of northeast elitism that considers himself far above the law, one that couldn't even show up for his very meager national guard drills and physicals, etc., etc., to the highest office in the land if not the world?

It seems most of my worries were well founded. The village idiot will go down in American history as the greatest military failure and the greatest domestic failure and the greatest insult to American international objectives and the greastest threat to global environmental objectives that this country could possibly produce!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't you like to drink a beer with him?
    I find it not all that suprising that the clown, you, who denigrates everyone on this board including those that agree with you, can come up with another truly stupid post like this one....... you must of had to stick your whole arm up your ass to pull this one out.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Naw, zero. I just had to read a few of your posts to get in the mood and mindset that I thought you would enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!