Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Remake the world

Ive been listening to Obama's speech in Germany. He is talking about how we need to remake the world. Id like to know what the heck he wants to remake.

I am also bothered about how he is going overseas to tell the Europeans that we are going to remake the world. As if something is wrong with them.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I caught Rush at lunchtime talking about this.

"How is he going to remake China?"

More importantly, how is he going to "remake" America?

The audacity and arrgoance of this man is unbelievable.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

After this "remake the world" comment, I may rethink my position on that whole NWO topic...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    After this "remake the world" comment, I may rethink my position on that whole NWO topic...
    And what's your current position?

What I also thought was amusing was his statement "Im not here as a Presidential candidate. Im here as a citizen of this great world" or something to that effect. It's just downright untrue. He is clearly there as a Presidential candidate. If he wasnt one, he wouldn't be there. No one would be paying attention to a damn thing he is saying.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post

What I also thought was amusing was his statement "Im not here as a Presidential candidate. Im here as a citizen of this great world" or something to that effect. It's just downright untrue. He is clearly there as a Presidential candidate. If he wasnt one, he wouldn't be there. No one would be paying attention to a damn thing he is saying.
    Nailed. I'd rep if I could.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    From -Cp's thread Nwo?:

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick
    While I suppose it is possible that such an organization exists and is working to manipulate governments on a global scale, I guess I just don't have what it takes to buy into the idea without substantial evidence pointing to not only the group itself, but it's machinations as well.

I certainly do not believe that a "One World Government" will come about in our lifetime, but I can't help thinking that one day it will happen. I suppose this is because I watched too much Star Trek as a young man.
    I agree. It is clearly a tour designed to help belie the the fears some fence sitters may have concerning his lack of foreign policy experience as well as his status as a relative neophyte in the world of national and global politics.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Obama said he was embarrassed Americans go to Europe and they do not speak the language

Why did Obama give his speech in English, and not in German?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's what he said Avatar:

"I come to Berlin as so many of my countrymen have come before, although tonight I speak to you not as a candidate for president, but as a citizen, a proud citizen of the United States and a fellow citizen of the world."

Also – what’s up w/ him playing the “race card” w/ this stupid-ass statement?

“….I know that I don’t look like the Americans who’ve previously spoken in this great city…”

Link to the full text of his speech:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/07...ech-in-berlin/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    I caught Rush at lunchtime talking about this.

"How is he going to remake China?"

More importantly, how is he going to "remake" America?

The audacity and arrgoance of this man is unbelievable.
    No doubt his next book will be titled "The Audacity of Audacity"

Obama is audacious all right. He is straight up telling us and the world, that he places the U.S. on par with (or below) the rest of the world. How we could end up with a man like this as a candidate for the Oval Office is unbelievable. And very scary.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 07-24-2008 at 05:08 PM.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    No doubt his next book will be titled "The Audacity of Audacity"

Obama is audacious all right. He is straight up telling us and the world, that he places the U.S. on par with (or below) the rest of the world. How we could end up with a man like this as a candidate for the Oval Office is unbelievable. And very scary.
    You are close with the title Abbey

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan