Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Liberalnation - Your avatar

I'm curious behind your reasoning to use the burning of the American flag as your avatar. Do you fully understand what our flag represents, and that many men and women have given their lives to defend that very flag?

"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

"The star is a symbol of the heavens and the divine goal to which man has aspired from time immemorial; the stripe is symbolic of the rays of light emanating from the sun."

http://www.usflag.org/colors.html

I am the flag of the United States of America . . . My name is Old Glory.

I fly atop the world's tallest buildings. I stand watch in America's halls of justice. I fly majestically over great institutes of learning. I stand guard with the greatest military power in the world.
    Look up! And see me!

I stand for peace, honor, truth, and justice . . . I stand for freedom . . . I am confident . . . I am arrogant . . . I am proud.

When I am flown with my fellow banners . . . My head is a little higher . . . My colors a little truer. I bow to no one.

I am recognized all over the world. I am worshipped . . . I am saluted . . . I am respected . . . I am revered . . . I am loved . . . And I am feared.

I have fought every battle of every war for more than 200 years . . . Gettysburg, Shilo, Appomatox, San Juan Hill, the trenches of France, the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome, the beaches of Normandy, the deserts of Africa, the cane fields of the Philippines, the rice paddies and jungles of Guam, Okinawa, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Guadalcanal New Britain, Peleliu, and many more islands.

And a score of places long forgotten by all but those who were with me.

I was there.

I led my soldiers . . . I followed them . . . I watched over them . . . They loved me.

I was on a small hill in Iwo Jima.

I was dirty, battle-worn and tired, but my soldiers cheered me, and I was proud.

I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of countries I have helped set free.

It does not hurt, for I am invincible.

I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of my country, and when it is by those with whom I have served in battle - it hurts. But I shall overcome - for I am strong.

I have slipped the bonds of Earth and stand watch over the uncharted new frontiers of space from my vantage point on the moon. I have been a silent witness to all of America's finest hours.

But my finest hour comes when I am torn into strips to be used for bandages for my wounded comrades on the field of battle . . . When I fly at half mast to honor my soldiers . . . And when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving mother at the graveside of her fallen son.

I am proud.
    My name is Old Glory.
    Dear God - Long may I wave.

http://www.usa-patriotism.com/poems/old_glory1.htm
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm curious behind your reasoning to use the burning of the American flag as your avatar. Do you fully understand what our flag represents, and that many men and women have given their lives to defend that very flag?

I’ve been silently pissed about this.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm curious behind your reasoning to use the burning of the American flag as your avatar.
    I said in that thread if I wanted to piss people off/offend them i would use an upside down or burning flag as my avatar. So now I am to one up the avatar people thought was so offensive they need to comment on it.

Nice story about the flag by the way but it's just a symbol that means nothing on its own. A piece of colored fabric is not what America(ns) have been fighting and dying for. If the US chose a different flag it would have the same power.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post

the flag by the way but it's just a symbol that means nothing on its own.
    please don't make shit up

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are a moron.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I said in that thread if I wanted to piss people off/offend them i would use an upside down or burning flag as my avatar. So now I am to one up the avatar people thought was so offensive they need to comment on it.

Nice story about the flag by the way but it's just a symbol that means nothing on its own. A piece of colored fabric is not what America(ns) have been fighting and dying for. If the US chose a different flag it would have the same power.
    The American Flag is "just a symbol" and means nothing on its own? Wow, I can't believe I just read that from another American. It symbolizes everything this great nation is about, what we strive for, and what many have died for.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So are you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh My.....

Heartbreaking..

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The American Flag is "just a symbol" and means nothing on its own? Wow, I can't believe I just read that from another American. It symbolizes everything this great nation is about, what we strive for, and what many have died for.
    If they died for a piece of colored fabric they may have a problem. It's the idea of America that matter. Not what symbol we use to represent it. Nationalism to the extreme on this board can't be good if you can't look at a picture over the internet with out being pissed enough to wish voilence on someone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the flag itself means nothing on its own,then why bother burning it,or putting up a pic of it being burned?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, you're fucking wrong. The flag embodies ALL that is AMERICAN, and you're ROTTEN avatar is SHITTING on it. That makes YOU a person that SHIT'S ON AMERICA. You're a fucking piece of SHIT! What the hell are you doing here? Why don't you go to CHINA and BURN a Chinese flag? They'll fucking THROW YOUR FILTHY ASS IN JAIL! So all the while you piece of shit liberals think you're being cute with this "BURN THE AMERICAN FLAG" business, you're defiling the symbol of the VERY REASON WHY YOU'RE FREE! You PUTRID BASTARD! You're NOT fucking cute. You're just a cock sucking bag of PISS! Low life mother fucker.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 03-09-2007 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    If the flag itself means nothing on its own,then why bother burning it,or putting up a pic of it being burned?
    Like I said to top my other flag that all these True blue Americans thought was sooo offensive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Why don't you go to CHINA and BURN a Chinese flag there? They'll fucking THROW YOUR FILTHY ASS IN JAIL!
    So we should emulate china. Be just like China in this regard, would you be happy then.

But then that flag really wouldn’t mean shit anymore because America would then be just like the rest of the worlds countries putting its national flag on a pedastal and shooting anyone who didn’t.