Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Obama: Open mouth, insert foot, chew vigorously..... again

As long as Barack Obama, and various other highly-placed Democrats, keep supporting the ludicrous pronouncements of Junk Science such as "man-made Global Warming", he will continue to make a fool of himself.

Keep up the good work, Barry!

------------------------------------------------------

http://opinionjournal.com

from "Best of the Web"
    by James Taranto

• "As we speak, cars in Boston and factories in Beijing are melting the ice caps in the Arctic . . ."--Barack Obama, Berlin, July 24, 2008

• "New data from the Norwegian Meteorological Institute shows that there is more ice than normal in the Arctic waters north of the Svalbard archipelago. In most years, there are open waters in the area north of the archipelago in July month. Studies from this year however show that the area is covered by ice, the Meteorological Institute writes in a press release."--Barents Observer (Kirkenes, Norway), July 24, 2008
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hardly surprising to me.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

other reports suggest that the north pole may be clear of ice this summer for the first time in recorded history.

hmmmmm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    other reports suggest that the north pole may be clear of ice this summer for the first time in recorded history.

hmmmmm
    This report states that there is more ice than usual. So you refer to the the reports that say the north pole may be clear of ice this summer forthe first time in recorded history. I guess we will just have to make a decision here.

Do we trust the reports of what actually is happening or the reports of what may happen?
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    This report states that there is more ice than usual. So you refer to the the reports that say the north pole may be clear of ice this summer forthe first time in recorded history. I guess we will just have to make a decision here.

Do we trust the reports of what actually is happening or the reports of what may happen?
    or do we simply wait and see?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hmmmmm
    Next time, post a link. I about jumped on you for a fallacy by anonymous authority before doing my own research and finding that, yes, a few people were claiming that the northern polar cap would be gone by the end of the summer. However, you might do well to do similar research into the fact that the southern cap is growing thicker every year. Wonder how the northern cap could be shrinking while the southern cap is growing? It couldn't be global or else both would be doing the same thing. Could it possibly be the growing number of active volcanoes popping up under the cap? Maybe?

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArti...99718849952830
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here are some facts about global warming and misrepresentations made by cynics that do not understand how to do credible research:

http://www.factcheck.org/misleading-..._research.html

The article is well foot noted so you can go see for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Here are some facts about global warming and misrepresentations made by cynics that do not understand how to do credible research:

The article is well foot noted so you can go see for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A: I don't trust the source. I checked the front page and most of it is nitpicking everything that's ever come out of McCain's mouth.

B: I read the whole link, and the scientist concludes that the Antarctic ice is, in fact, growing...but he chalks that one up to global warming, too. It's another piece of junk where somebody screaming for attention claims that if anything changes anywhere, it's caused by global warming. For years, you people claimed that the Antarctic shelf was shrinking due to global warming. When that turned out to be a damn lie, you started claiming that it was growing because of global warming. You've set up your argument such that anything and everything proves you right and you'll be long dead before you can be proven wrong. It's a scam.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're not much on back checking or fact checking are you, hibbit? The source is as credible as it gets and backed up by the best scientists in the world. The footnotes lead you to much more comprehensive information but you ain't into education, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    A: I don't trust the source. I checked the front page and most of it is nitpicking everything that's ever come out of McCain's mouth.

B: I read the whole link, and the scientist concludes that the Antarctic ice is, in fact, growing...but he chalks that one up to global warming, too. It's another piece of junk where somebody screaming for attention claims that if anything changes anywhere, it's caused by global warming. For years, you people claimed that the Antarctic shelf was shrinking due to global warming. When that turned out to be a damn lie, you started claiming that it was growing because of global warming. You've set up your argument such that anything and everything proves you right and you'll be long dead before you can be proven wrong. It's a scam.
    You are the scam, hibbit. I can live with that if you can.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by this, you mean the 'best' that agree with his theory, yes?

Hobbit (learn to spell, or learn manners and respect if you were spellling like that on purpose) has a point here. Now, do I agree fully that global warming is bs? No, I don't. We've done far too much to this planet's ecosystems to not have had some form of negative effect.

However, trying to keep slapping down everything bad that happens as global warming, and when something good starts happening, start spinning it as bad to prop up an argument is against scientific method. Yes, scientists, like most people, hate to be proven wrong, and will often rationalize as opposed to admit being incorrect. And to paraphrase Dumbledore: "And, being rather cleverer than most, my mistakes are resultingly bigger."

How much factchecking did you do Psycho? Where are the theories that stand counter to his conclusions, that we might weigh their merits side by side? But you won't answer that, just like you don't really answer anything else that actually hits a mark.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are scientists that disagree referenced in the article, ds'72. You didn't read it, did you? I didn't think so. Here it is again so maybe you can catch up with the conversation. This really is a nonpartisan and objective fact checking source. But, sometimes the truth hurts. Here it is:

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Psychoblues; 07-29-2008 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Wrong url addy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hmmmmm
    Even if that was true, who cares? Our planet has already naturally gone through warmer times than we have now, and it still did just fine. To think that we can somehow control the planetary climate or change it is just delusional.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Even if that was true, who cares? Our planet has already naturally gone through warmer times than we have now, and it still did just fine. To think that we can somehow control the planetary climate or change it is just delusional.
    to think that we can shit in our nest and not suffer any consequences is just delusional.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

to think that we can shit in our nest and not suffer any consequences is just delusional.
    If you're wallowing in your own feces I'd say thats your problem, not mine.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I don't know about your situation. But I use a toilet when i need to take a crap. Indoor plumbing. It's pretty good. I highly recommend it.