Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ya know sometimes I have a complete distain for "evangelicals"..

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...romney-ticket/

Tuesday, July 29, 2008
    Evangelicals warn against Romney on ticket

Prominent evangelical leaders are warning Sen. John McCain against picking former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney as his running mate, saying their troops will abandon the Republican ticket on Election Day if that happens.
    They say Mr. Romney lacks trust on issues such as outlawing abortion and opposing same-sex marriage and because he is a Mormon. Opposition is particularly powerful among those who supported former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in the Republican presidential primaries earlier this year.

"McCain and Romney would be like oil and water," said evangelical novelist Tim LaHaye, who supported Mr. Huckabee. "We aren't against Mormonism, but Romney is not a thoroughgoing evangelical and his flip-flopping on issues is understandable in a liberal state like Massachusetts, but our people won't understand that."

The Rev. Rob McCoy, pastor of Calvary Chapel in Thousand Oaks, Calif., who speaks at evangelical events across the country, told The Washington Times, "I will vote for McCain unless he does one thing. You know what that is? If he puts Romney on the ticket as veep.

"It will alienate the entire evangelical community - 62 million self-professing evangelicals in this country, half of them registered to vote, are going to be deeply saddened," Mr. McCoy added.

Mr. Huckabee, an ordained Southern Baptist minister, was the favorite of evangelical voters in the Republican presidential nomination contest earlier this year and won more delegates per dollar spent than any other candidate in either party.

Last edited by Kathianne; 08-01-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Romney has been even more socially liberal than McCain. A McCain/Romney ticket truely would be asking conservatives to bite into a shit sandwich on election day.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Prominent evangelical leaders are warning Sen. John McCain against picking former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney as his running mate, saying their troops will abandon the Republican ticket on Election Day if that happens.
    They say Mr. Romney lacks trust on issues such as outlawing abortion and opposing same-sex marriage and because he is a Mormon. Opposition is particularly powerful among those who supported former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in the Republican presidential primaries earlier this year.
    As if John McCain has an ounce of trust on these issues.

Evangelicals are choosing McCain for one reason and one reason only... (R). They've sold their souls to the Republican party.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not voting for John McCain or Barack Obama. In this case, there is no lesser of two evils. Both may as well discard the initial behind their name and simply run a "we're going to screw you all" campaign.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Evangelicals Warn Against Romney On Ticket

The nuts are worried about the cults!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your lives and souls!!!!!!!

Huckabee Backers Least Flexible

Ralph Z. Hallow
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"McCain and Romney would be like oil and water," said evangelical novelist Tim LaHaye, who supported Mr. Huckabee. "We aren't against Mormonism, but Romney is not a thoroughgoing evangelical and his flip-flopping on issues is understandable in a liberal state like Massachusetts, but our people won't understand that."

More from Washington Times: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...romney-ticket/

And I always liked ol' Huckleberry Hound?!?!?!?!??! Wuts up with this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When folks understand the "Constitution" is the bible of the Country, not "King James", we will all be better off.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dig that, P!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    When folks understand the "Constitution" is the bible of the Country, not "King James", we will all be better off.
    Once we get that understood we can go to work on getting the Magna Carta more prominent in our political and judicial experiences!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not sure what they think to accomplish with this. McCain is going to do as he pleases.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Im not sure what they think to accomplish with this. McCain is going to do as he pleases.
    Wacked out righties are the same as wacked out lefties. They both want influence for their agendas.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Wacked out righties are the same as wacked out lefties. They both want influence for their agendas.
    Im not sure how right these groups are. Oh they say they are. Much like Huckabee said he was. But we know he wasnt to the right.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Merged Threads
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you notice that this one contains an entire article, dmp? Isn't that against the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Merged Threads
    Where you find 4 Baptists, You'll also find a fifth:?!?!?!?!?!?!:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fred Thompson

woulod be the safest bet for John Mccain. Given the fact that Fred is not a holy roller but very popular with evengelicals (????), he would compliment the ticket and offer conservatives the assurance they seem to need. The fact is, republicans are settling, that is obvious. When you are not the first choice of Rush, Sean and other righty propagandists you are not going to get that super support required.

John McCain only won because there were three candidates far to his right that shared the vote. In a head to head run off today I believe he would be beaten by Fred, Mitt or Mike. Choosing Mitt or Mike brings in the evangelical equation, going with Fred would be safe. Right now, he needs to make a safe move.

On a personal note, I don't give a shit what he does. I just want the LP to obtain the highest vote count ever and I feel this will happen this time around so I'm happy with whatever he does. I hope he does not pick Fred because that will cut into LP votes that are destined to come from the JM camp.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll back you up 100% on that observation, emmie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever considered Mack as an over the road rig?

Hit it Beatles, It's A Long And Winding Road:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    I'll back you up 100% on that observation, emmie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever considered Mack as an over the road rig?

Hit it Beatles, It's A Long And Winding Road:
    I like my old 1990 Pete! Feels like you are driving a truck. I like the newer Mack Cruiseliners, spacy, comfortable. However, since I am getting off the road and out of the trucking business finally, well.........

I'm now a repoman again Dave. I am working here at my son's company. Fuel, Insurance on car haulers and that blown 20,000 dollar engine out in Miss the other day pretty much sealed it. I'm over it! Three and a half years was enough.

How about Johnny Paycheck...Take this job and shove it (musical note...musical note)
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!