Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default GOP chairman calls for a statewide voter fraud investigation

Shhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,They're scared of the you know, urban types,,,,,,,,,,Sheeeesh

Source: The Daily Press (Newport News, VA)

Virginia Republican Party Chairman Jeff Frederick said Monday that incidents in Hampton and Richmond led the party to fear "coordinated and widespread" statewide voter registration fraud.

Frederick called on Gov. Timothy M. Kaine and Attorney General Bob McDonnell to launch a statewide investigation, citing last week's arrest of three canvassers in Hampton as evidence that people who were not eligible to vote were being signed up by a national nonprofit organization, the Community Voters Project.

Spokesmen for Kaine, a Democrat, and McDonnell, a Republican, said the matter was appropriately in the hands of the Hampton's commonwealth's attorney.

Frederick said there had been 18 "incidents" of voter fraud in Richmond, although he provided specifics about just one case, in which a Richmond resident said she received a call from the city registrar asking if she had submitted a new voter registration card with a new address.............

More: http://www.dailypress.com/news/local...,2827365.story

This is gonna be GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Stay tuned for more upcoming fearmongering!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

voter fraud is no laughing matter, so i dont get the fear mongering charge

too much dam mongering these days

fear anger eat mongering sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,They're scared of the you know, urban types,,,,,,,,,,Sheeeesh

Source: The Daily Press (Newport News, VA)

Virginia Republican Party Chairman Jeff Frederick said Monday that incidents in Hampton and Richmond led the party to fear "coordinated and widespread" statewide voter registration fraud.

Frederick called on Gov. Timothy M. Kaine and Attorney General Bob McDonnell to launch a statewide investigation, citing last week's arrest of three canvassers in Hampton as evidence that people who were not eligible to vote were being signed up by a national nonprofit organization, the Community Voters Project.

Spokesmen for Kaine, a Democrat, and McDonnell, a Republican, said the matter was appropriately in the hands of the Hampton's commonwealth's attorney.

Frederick said there had been 18 "incidents" of voter fraud in Richmond, although he provided specifics about just one case, in which a Richmond resident said she received a call from the city registrar asking if she had submitted a new voter registration card with a new address.............

More: http://www.dailypress.com/news/local...,2827365.story

This is gonna be GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Stay tuned for more upcoming fearmongering!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Actually, to be honest, VAs voting laws are pretty good, when it comes down to it. You don't even declare a party, and you can vote however you want, so if people are getting registered illegally, then yeah, that needs to be looked into. There are only two requirements in VA to vote, really:

1. You have to live here (proof of address)

2. You have to be the person you're registering (proof of identity)

I mean, seriously, it doesn't get much simpler than that.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The GOP is certainly pushing the fear buttons in Virginia on this issue, marteen. Did you read the article? It requires just a little thinking especially since there is a definite history behind this sort of thing. There is no one on earth that holds voting rights more sacrosanct than me, marteen. Remember, I live in Mississippi.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    The GOP is certainly pushing the fear buttons in Virginia on this issue, marteen. Did you read the article? It requires just a little thinking especially since there is a definite history behind this sort of thing. There is no one on earth that holds voting rights more sacrosanct than me, marteen. Remember, I live in Mississippi.
    You're all for voting rights and, I assume, a fair election....so whats the freekin' problem ? If it was Dims asking for an investigation you'd be all for it....
    when its Repub's asking for an investigation, its fear mongering....

Maybe you're just an asshole, is that it ?
    "Ignorance is not bliss...ignorance is dangerous" - Silver

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, I'm just an asshole. That's it, sliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    You're all for voting rights and, I assume, a fair election....so whats the freekin' problem ? If it was Dims asking for an investigation you'd be all for it....
    when its Repub's asking for an investigation, its fear mongering....

Maybe you're just an asshole, is that it ?
    You don't know me well, do you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?