Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is exactly why I am voting for Obama in November, ds'72. He promises change, gives a reasonable expectation of it and has the horsepower to pull the load. Dig it?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    I was using an example, and that you for reinforcing it with a, "well there's nothing we can do, so why bother" apathy run.

What's the fear here, PB? Do you realize we manage to not only exist, but have thrived, and achieved most of our landmass prior to income tax? How do you explain that one?

Beyond which, the income tax is outmoded, and punishes the exact behavior we should be rewarding.

Now, as an ancillary note, you should have looked to my sig line, www.FairTax.org

I in no way expect the government to run on nothing, but do I believe in a tax system that punishes to making money, working hard, saving, investing, and otherwise being responsible with my funds? No, and it is ridiculous to think that I would. As long as you maintain this belief that nothing will change PB, guess what, it never will. And if you aren't willing to go against the tide, why the hell are you on this forum?

Now, back to the matter at hand, the point I was trying to make is that, yes, politicians will attempt, especially these days, use just about anything, however minute, as a reasoning to increase governmental power. As well, California already has the largest state government in the country, and seem to be expanding even more. What is it, 1 in 5 are now government workers? How long till its 1 in 4?
    I don't give a shit if it hits 1 in 2, ds'72. Everybody needs a job,,,,,,,,just a damn job!!!!!!!!!! Don't you get it?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Still driving blindly, but in the rain:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    That is exactly why I am voting for Obama in November, ds'72. He promises change, gives a reasonable expectation of it and has the horsepower to pull the load. Dig it?

I don't give a shit if it hits 1 in 2, ds'72. Everybody needs a job,,,,,,,,just a damn job!!!!!!!!!! Don't you get it?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Still driving blindly, but in the rain:
    Yes, somehow I get that, even when I used to work for Labor Ready (How many days have you hung off the back of a garbage truck at 0530?).

From where I'm sitting, Obama's just offering more of the same. He stepped up on FISA, oh no wait, nevermind. Literally, the only thing he had to do to stand his ground was to vote no like he'd already said would happen, and he balked. that's not different, that's very much the same kind of politics as always.

He's promised everything under the sun, but he hasn't once mentioned where he's getting the money for this.'

Do you get that every time that the government there expands, the taxes rise, and the lowest incomes suffer more? How do you not get that one? It's simple math, more government workers mean bigger government payroll, means more money needed. Now, they'll try putting it through the sales tax, but that hit's the low end the worst, but with taxes up, people are going to be in worse shape, and the sales'll slump, so a goodly portion of it will end up getting taken out of the richer half's coffer. Problem there is, they're the ones in charge of the businesses, and therefore the prices. Now, do you think they're going to cut into their own profits, or raises prices accordingly?

This isn't even about that aspect though. You have government law that now says what a person can and cannot eat in an area. How is it you don't see a problem in that? Yes, it's well meaning, but it still is ripe for severe abuse.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Communities, like states, like countries, like individuals can legislate themselves. I draw no quarter in the politics and legislation of South Los Angeles. Does that make any sense to you, ds'72? I didn't think so.

In The Arms Of An Angel:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What a joke, they'll either take the bus or drive in caravans to Burger King, this is bullshit just as almost all ideas the Democrats come up with.

Obama talks about conserving gas and then takes 2 757s across the world for photo ops and burns a minimum of 50,000 gallons of jet fuel. His ego tells him he needs a bigger stage than the one that millions have been spent on already, so, 3 million will be spent for another photo op at Invesco Field at Mile Hi, how many poor people could have been helped with that money? 3 million for what? 2 hours of bullshit we have heard for the last year and a half? Obama is the consumate asshole politician, makes "slick willie" look thrifty. They are all hypocritical jerks and Obama is just like every other clown that suddenly gets power, he's showing it without winning anything important...... lightweights like Algore and John (I served in Vietnam for 4 months)Kerry got the nomination of the idiot party, big deal. If this imbecile gets in it will take race relations back 100 years because even the people that pretend they don't hate black people will be wanting to slaughter them within a month. Ludacris is already suggesting painting the White House black...... if you think blacks are obnoxious, loud mouth, classless garbage now, you haven't seen nothing yet. Check out New Orleans, Detroit, D.C. and now Houston. Houston's crime went up 23 percent the first year those assholes from New Orleans invaded and it continues to rise every year.

But you know better eh psycho? Yea, sure.
    Last edited by Sitarro; 07-31-2008 at 06:32 AM.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Carry on, gents. Your prejudices and fears are more clearly identified each time you post. Bus's, revolution, fat people?

I get my kicks on Route 66:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Carry on, gents. Your prejudices and fears are more clearly identified each time you post. Bus's, revolution, fat people?

I get my kicks on Route 66:
    So if someone does not vote for the messiah, he/she is a racist?

I for one am opposed to the liberal nany state deciding where people can eat, what they can eat, and how muich they can eat

Your messiah tipped his hand with this quote:

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times… and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK"

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Communities, like states, like countries, like individuals can legislate themselves. I draw no quarter in the politics and legislation of South Los Angeles. Does that make any sense to you, ds'72? I didn't think so.

In The Arms Of An Angel:
    Horseshit. You posted this, so yes, you do take interest, or we wouldn't be talking now, cause you'd have taken a different topic, so don't hand me that crap. Don't post a topic if you're not up for the debate on it.

I'm not even saying to legislate them, point to where I said that. I mean it, you look back over my posts, and you go find it, or have the sack to own up to your error.

What I said, multiple times, is that it has massive potential for abuse, and given our decade, history bears me out on this one. It is open to obvious abuse, like say if the surrounding counties decide to pick it up, and expand it when they do.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is everyone against local government? Local governments can regulate business as they see fit, so long as its Constitutional. And I don't think there exist a right to fast food in the Constitution.

If the people of the area don't like it they can vote out their officials. Ultimately, its their responsibility. Why anyone who lives outside of LA would care - or even think its any of their business - what business regulations the local LA government passes, I don't know.

Personally, I wouldn't be for such a ban where I live, and I'd be opposed to any federal bans. But the duly elected representatives of the people in the area obviously think differently. That's their business. They wanna do it, fine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post
    Why is everyone against local government? Local governments can regulate business as they see fit, so long as its Constitutional. And I don't think there exist a right to fast food in the Constitution.

If the people of the area don't like it they can vote out their officials. Ultimately, its their responsibility. Why anyone who lives outside of LA would care - or even think its any of their business - what business regulations the local LA government passes, I don't know.

Personally, I wouldn't be for such a ban where I live, and I'd be opposed to any federal bans. But the duly elected representatives of the people in the area obviously think differently. That's their business. They wanna do it, fine.
    Then why post? the whole point of a debate site is to debate. Now, again, I'm not strictly against it, though I see where this can lead to abuse (and I certainly wouldn't have voted for it), just as other items get abused in our government. It happens, and frankly, yeah people need to step up, but really, if that were happening, we wouldn't be in the current predicament our country is in.

Benjamin Franklin said it best I believe, "I would rather attend to the problems of too much liberty, rather than too little."
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Then why post? the whole point of a debate site is to debate. Now, again, I'm not strictly against it, though I see where this can lead to abuse (and I certainly wouldn't have voted for it), just as other items get abused in our government. It happens, and frankly, yeah people need to step up, but really, if that were happening, we wouldn't be in the current predicament our country is in.

Benjamin Franklin said it best I believe, "I would rather attend to the problems of too much liberty, rather than too little."
    We can judge the LA council all we want, the fact remains that unless we live their its none of our business. That's like telling someone else how to raise their children. You wanna go around telling other people how to govern themselves?