Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Obama the rock star, but not a leader

i happen to agree with mccain on this one:

McCain camp portrays Obama as celebrity, not leader

"Is he ready to lead?" it asks.

At the same time, McCain described himself as an independent-minded politician with a history of bucking authority and said Obama has shown little more than strong speaking skills.

"The bottom line is that Senator Obama's words, for all their eloquence and passion, don't mean all that much, and that's the problem with Washington," McCain said.

McCain took direct aim at Obama's chief selling point, that he represents change Americans are searching for ahead of the November 4 election.

"Sen. Obama doesn't have the strength to speak openly and directly about he will address the serious challenges that confront America. How will he be strong enough to really change Washington?" he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080730/...tics_mccain_dc
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obama garnered many millions more votes than McCain in the primaries, yuk, and I don't think he did it on his own. He had much more substantial competition as well, don't you think? November will be memorable but not very pretty for Republicans, IMHO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Obambam is not a leader, he's a puppet..

see my avatar, you'll see his master.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll have to see somethiong other than your avatar to convince me, stevie!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    The Obambam is not a leader, he's a puppet..

see my avatar, you'll see his master.
    Pull your dress back down, stevie. I wasn't talking about seeing that?!?!??!??!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    I'll have to see somethiong other than your avatar to convince me, stevie!!!!!

Pull your dress back down, stevie. I wasn't talking about seeing that?!?!??!??!

I don't wear a dress, maybe you meant the one you have on?

And you know my Avatar say's it all..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was just kidding you, silly goose, about that. But seriously, I see no evidence whatsoever of Obama being manipulated by anyone. He seems to me to be very well grounded in his convictions and beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I don't wear a dress, maybe you meant the one you have on?

And you know my Avatar say's it all..
    On the other hand, his opponent is certainly having his problems in that department, isn't he?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obama garnered many millions more votes than McCain in the primaries, yuk, and I don't think he did it on his own. He had much more substantial competition as well, don't you think? November will be memorable but not very pretty for Republicans, IMHO.
    rockstars have millions of fans...your point?
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My point, yuk, is Obama garnered many millions more votes than McCain in the primaries and I don't think he did it on his own. He had much more substantial competition as well, don't you think? November will be memorable but not very pretty for Republicans, IMHO.

I hope that straightens it out for you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My point, yuk, is Obama garnered many millions more votes than McCain in the primaries and I don't think he did it on his own. He had much more substantial competition as well, don't you think? November will be memorable but not very pretty for Republicans, IMHO.

I hope that straightens it out for you.

bravo, score one for psycho...he has backing, soros ring a bell

i have faith enough in this country that...republican or democrat... this country will survive, if not, then we will descend into civil war. if you look at the hate talk, it is coming from the left...but why talk about left and right...what happened to just being AMERICAN?

maybe there is no such thing...maybe we are followers of Jesus....if not, we are simply who we are

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think both parties are in for a rude awakening, the LP is going to have it's biggest turnout ever. I think just about anyone will concede to this fact but I think even the believers are going to be shocked.

On November 4th I believe millions of Americans (literally millions) are going to hesitate slightly as they start to punch out or select a Democrat or Republican. Then the process will begin. They will stop. Then they will start to really think. They're going to think about the senseless rhetoric orchestrated by both major parties, the investigations, the popularity of the Congress, the liars and the taxes. Then they are going to start to re-think. All of a sudden it's gonna happen like being kicked in the head, they reach out and select a Libertarian, then another, then another. Then they start feeling better and selecting faster. Another Libertarian, and another. Then they get to the Presidential area. They hesitate. They ask themselves if they are really wasting their vote like their friends have told them. They think about how they do not have to vote for the lesser of two evils. They knew of course before they arrived that Bobb Barr better credentials than eother JM or BO.

They select Bob Barr for president and vote for America, then they leave knowing they have done the right thing. Some of these folks might even say they voted for another candidate to avoid criticism but they will know in their soul that they voted for REAL change. A change much more influencial than the same old thing.

Hide and watch folks! 10 million votes!
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have I ever told you about the "Fields of Ambrosia", emmie? Sometimes we might sit a spell and talk about it. Dig it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just eats your ass up, doesn't it, rsr?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just eats your ass up, doesn't it, rsr?
    The only thing that "gets" me is the clear liberal bias. You guys have been ranting for years over Fox News - yet you smile over the liberal media bowing at the alter of Obama

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Arrogant and elitist...", words used by the right to describe Obama. But we've heard those words used in the past. When describing any who are seen as attempting to rise above their perceived station in life by those who feel threatened by such aspirations...Women described as "uppity bitches"...People of color described as "uppity niggers".

And so we see the thinly veiled racism behind the right wings attempts to paint Obama as "Arrogant and elitist...".
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.