Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default John McCain: Elitist

McCain wears $500 shoes and calls Obama an elitist.

Apparently, McCain's confusion is getting worse.

...John McCain "has worn a pair of $520 black leather Ferragamo shoes on every recent campaign stop — from a news conference with the Dalai Lama to a supermarket visit in Bethlehem, PA."

McCain's $520 loafers put 'elitist' shoe on the other foot
    Building a better America by hammering the Right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Elitism isnt measured by your money. It's measured by your ego.

You're an elitist too even though im sure you are dirt poor.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default looks like a bad tempered elitist to me lol

Do elitists abandon their wife, the one who raised their children, John did! I guess so if you want to marry rich and move up the political food chain. I wonder if holding his breath as noted below is why he lost most of his good sense?

http://www.answers.com/topic/john-mccain

"McCain was born on August 29, 1936, in the Panama Canal Zone. He was one of three children born to John S. McCain Jr. and his wife, Roberta. McCain's father and grandfather were both admirals in the United States Navy, the first father and son serving at that rank in naval history. Quick to anger even as a toddler, McCain used to hold his breath until he passed out when thwarted. After bouncing from school to school in the tradition of a child of a military family, McCain was sent to high school at the elite Episcopal High School in Alexandria, Virginia. There, his temper remained short and repeated discipline appeared wasted on him. "I thank God every day there weren't drugs around when I was growing up," he told Jonathan Alter of Newsweek. Despite his best efforts, McCain graduated from Episcopal High in 1954.

After graduation McCain went off to follow the family trade at the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. However, the storied disciplinary effect of military school had little effect on the rambunctious young man. He continued to push the buttons and limits of his superiors, accumulating an impressive number of demerits for small infractions and barely squeaking by academically to graduate in the bottom five of his class in 1958. Even after being accepted to train as a naval aviator, McCain was irrepressible and irresponsible, ditching one airplane into Corpus Christi Bay and flying another so low in Spain that he managed to cut power lines and deprive part of the country of electricity for a time. "

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no, elitist only cheat and get blowjobs...and leave someone in a river to die while intoxicated

but how admiral of them to stay with their wives...imagine jesse jackson's wife's thrill when she found out he had a child out of wedlock while married to her...
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

John Edwards' haircuts were all the talk of internet...but John McCain's shoes are not worthy of discussion?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think burning 50,000 gallons of jet fuel for some lame ass photo ops is pretty elitist.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Political Dictionary: elitism

"(1) The belief: that government ought in principle, always and everywhere, to be confined to elites. Rarely a worked-out doctrine in its own right, more often a piece of unexamined value judgement, or a view which follows from some more general argument in political philosophy, as for example in Plato's Republic."

Since we are in the political realm, elitism is about the conservative nanny state which supports the wealthy rather than all the people. Bush's 'my people,' (the rich) or McCain marrying money for power are the key elitist actions that fit the real definition. Obama's working in Chicago is anti elitist as it helped people in need.

http://www.conservativenannystate.org/

“Dean Baker is one of the most insightful and original economists in Washington. With this book, he exposes the prevailing myth of modern conservatives. They are not for limited government, as they claim. Rather, they are for a government that helps their own. Baker says it is time to balance the books. Government is by all the people, for all the people. It's that simple.”

– Jeff Madrick, author of Why Economies Grow: The Forces That Shape Prosperity and

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    John Edwards' haircuts were all the talk of internet...but John McCain's shoes are not worthy of discussion?
    When John McCain starts going around telling everyone that the rich are evil and that he is going to screw them over for the little guy while acting like a hypocritical rich man, perhaps they will be. Till then, I don't really care.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Shoes last longer than haircuts. With proper care those shoes will last for years and are a good investment, not weeks like Edwards haircuts.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    McCain wears $500 shoes and calls Obama an elitist.

Apparently, McCain's confusion is getting worse.
    Obama is an Elitist, and McCain's shoes don't change that. I wonder where Obama gets his shoes, Walmart. Yeah right.

Steel Joe, I don't know what kind of work you do but even a decent pair of workboots are about $200 and are worth every penny. I bought 3 pairs of $200 boots when I was working so I could rotate through them and get years out of them.

Something else you rocket scientists probably haven't considered is that he may very well have physical damage to his feet from his time as a POW (or some other reason) and needs a very well made shoe in order to walk around without being in constant pain. Shoes affect the ankles, knees, hips and back as well. Anyone who is standing making speeches frequently would be wise to invest in good quality shoes.

Talk about grasping at straws.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    Obama is an Elitist, and McCain's shoes don't change that. I wonder where Obama gets his shoes, Walmart. Yeah right.

Steel Joe, I don't know what kind of work you do but even a decent pair of workboots are about $200 and are worth every penny. I bought 3 pairs of $200 boots when I was working so I could rotate through them and get years out of them.

Something else you rocket scientists probably haven't considered is that he may very well have physical damage to his feet from his time as a POW (or some other reason) and needs a very well made shoe in order to walk around without being in constant pain. Shoes affect the ankles, knees, hips and back as well. Anyone who is standing making speeches frequently would be wise to invest in good quality shoes.

Talk about grasping at straws.
    Exactly.

You're trying to spin McCain's $500 shoes into some kind of Republicon principle.

Desperate.
    Building a better America by hammering the Right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

$500 dress shoes...pffft

that is nothing, far from elite

btw, even wearing $50,000 shoes does not make you an elitist
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    $500 dress shoes...pffft

that is nothing, far from elite

btw, even wearing $50,000 shoes does not make you an elitist
    how many pairs of $500 shoes you got, counselor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how many pairs of $500 shoes you got, counselor?
    what does that have to do with $500 mens dress shoes not being "elite" or top of the line? why you would want to know what shoes i own is creepy....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    what does that have to do with $500 mens dress shoes not being "elite" or top of the line? why you would want to know what shoes i own is creepy....
    most real men I know would think that spending $500 for a pair of shoes would be for "elitists". Maybe california sheeny shysters have a different frame of reference.