Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    Interesting enough... although Maine has a very minute black population, just a few years ago, two of the five largest cities in Maine had black mayors.

And Gore and Kerry were - and are - elitists, but they were less snobby, and less moronic than the chimp in the white house. Mainers figured that out...but then, we've known that Dubya wasn't worth the powder to blow him to hell since he drunkenly drove his car careening up over the curb, across the sidewalk and smashing through a hedge in Kennebunk. Just think, if one Mainer had been unfortunate enough to have been walking on that sidewalk, by dying under the car driven by drunken George Bush, he would have saved over four thousand American lives in Iraq. Amost a Sidney Carton moment!
    Dream on. Ted Kennedy killed a woman and carried on as if nothing happened. We got tons of future Maine mayors down here in Texas. If you really cared you would come down here and give em a ride to the next mayorial election. You could feel all warm and fuzzy about yourselves.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    That's probably because Maine doesn't HAVE ANY BLACK PEOPLE living there..
    You know those snooty New England states.
    And you're trying to say the Al Bore and the Scary Kerry are just every day working type people..and not snobby elitist..

CRACK ME UP..
    You know the messiah is in trouble when they have to go this far to play the race card

Now, calling Obama skinny is racist

When "Skinny" Means "Black"
    The Journal stumbles over racial subtext.
    By Timothy Noah

Posted Monday, Aug. 4, 2008, at 6:06 PM ET

In the Aug. 1 Wall Street Journal, Amy Chozick asked, "[C]ould Sen. Obama's skinniness be a liability?" Most Americans, Chozick points out, aren't skinny. Fully 66 percent of all citizens who've reached voting age are overweight, and 32 percent are obese. To be thin is to be different physically. Not that there's anything wrong, mind you, with being a skinny person. But would you want your sister to marry one? Would you want a whole family of skinny people to move in next door? "I won't vote for any beanpole guy," an "unnamed Clinton supporter" wrote on a Yahoo politics message board. My point is that any discussion of Obama's "skinniness" and its impact on the typical American voter can't avoid being interpreted as a coded discussion of race.

Chozick insists that she didn't intend her playful feature about Obama's physique as potential electoral liability to carry any racial subtext. "I can't even respond to that," she told me. "That's ridiculous." Bob Christie, Dow Jones' vice president of communications, phoned me in a flash to reaffirm that message. I believe Chozick and Christie when they say that the Journal never intended skinniness to serve as a proxy for race. (Full disclosure: I was a reporter in the Journal's Washington bureau a dozen years ago. I know neither Chozick nor Christie. Fuller disclosure: I phoned my former Journal colleague, Michel Martin, an African-American journalist who is now host of NPR's "Tell Me More," which frequently addresses matters of race, to ask whether she was offended. She was not. )

But I firmly disagree that a racial reading of Chozick's story is "ridiculous," and I would counter that any failure on Chozick's part to recognize such is just a wee bit clueless
    http://www.slate.com/id/2196756/?from=rss

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

…but NOBODY I know in Maine ever calls a black man a "boy".
    And Gore and Kerry were - and are - elitists, but they were less snobby, and less moronic than the chimp in the white house. Mainers figured that out...
    No racists in Maine, Gore and Kerry more likable than Bush- this guy’s living under a rug.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    No racists in Maine, Gore and Kerry more likable than Bush- this guy’s living under a rug.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very revealing information and insinuations contained here, seeking souls!!!!!! Give it a good read and make up your own minds!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Very revealing information and insinuations contained here, seeking souls!!!!!! Give it a good read and make up your own minds!!!!!!!!!!!
    Showing the arrogance and snobbishness of liberals is fun to do. Watching the reaction of the libs is even better

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Showing the arrogance and snobbishness of liberals is fun to do. Watching the reaction of the libs is even better
    Gotta love the "he's not from around here" comments. Funny that I no longer see that attitude after I transplanted myself from the enlightened, progressive, blue state New England to the racist, homophobic, closed-minded, backwards, red-necked, slack-jawed, poorly educated, bible-thumping, red state South.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gotta love the "he's not from around here" comments. Funny that I no longer see that attitude after I transplanted myself from the enlightened, progressive, blue state New England to the racist, homophobic, closed-minded, backwards, red-necked, slack-jawed, poorly educated, bible-thumping, red state South.
    Wish I could rep you - will have to later

Liberals do make most rational people want to get as far away from them as possible

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Wish I could rep you - will have to later

Liberals do make most rational people want to get as far away from them as possible
    I got out of NE as soon as I could. I got very tired of the bigotry, the elitism, and the snobbery. Not to mention the friggin' traffic and a cop around every corner (its a damn Police State). Even though I was raised there, I knew that something was wrong, that rational people didn't behave that way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I got out of NE as soon as I could. I got very tired of the bigotry, the elitism, and the snobbery. Not to mention the friggin' traffic and a cop around every corner (its a damn Police State). Even though I was raised there, I knew that something was wrong, that rational people didn't behave that way.
    I live near Gettysburg PA. I am one of those "bitter" rural voters, and the Dems hold their monthly meeting in a phone booth

Very quite, and peaceful

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I live near Gettysburg PA. I am one of those "bitter" rural voters, and the Dems hold their monthly meeting in a phone booth

Very quite, and peaceful
    Great place, Gettysburg. I have vivid memories of my 2 year old daughter spilling a carafe of hot coffee at a restaurant downtown, most of it absorbing onto my lap. That night she kept me up until 1 am until I grabbed the Bible and the car keys, drove her out to one of the ceremonies and was seriously considering human sacrifice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Great place, Gettysburg. I have vivid memories of my 2 year old daughter spilling a carafe of hot coffee at a restaurant downtown, most of it absorbing onto my lap. That night she kept me up until 1 am until I grabbed the Bible and the car keys, drove her out to one of the ceremonies and was seriously considering human sacrifice.
    It is a wonderful place to visit. I am about 30 miles away and the countryside is greta to look at

Very few libs around to screw it up is the best selling point

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You know the messiah is in trouble when they have to go this far to play the race card

Now, calling Obama skinny is racist

When "Skinny" Means "Black"
    The Journal stumbles over racial subtext.
    By Timothy Noah

Posted Monday, Aug. 4, 2008, at 6:06 PM ET

In the Aug. 1 Wall Street Journal, Amy Chozick asked, "[C]ould Sen. Obama's skinniness be a liability?" Most Americans, Chozick points out, aren't skinny. Fully 66 percent of all citizens who've reached voting age are overweight, and 32 percent are obese. To be thin is to be different physically. Not that there's anything wrong, mind you, with being a skinny person. But would you want your sister to marry one? Would you want a whole family of skinny people to move in next door? "I won't vote for any beanpole guy," an "unnamed Clinton supporter" wrote on a Yahoo politics message board. My point is that any discussion of Obama's "skinniness" and its impact on the typical American voter can't avoid being interpreted as a coded discussion of race.

Chozick insists that she didn't intend her playful feature about Obama's physique as potential electoral liability to carry any racial subtext. "I can't even respond to that," she told me. "That's ridiculous." Bob Christie, Dow Jones' vice president of communications, phoned me in a flash to reaffirm that message. I believe Chozick and Christie when they say that the Journal never intended skinniness to serve as a proxy for race. (Full disclosure: I was a reporter in the Journal's Washington bureau a dozen years ago. I know neither Chozick nor Christie. Fuller disclosure: I phoned my former Journal colleague, Michel Martin, an African-American journalist who is now host of NPR's "Tell Me More," which frequently addresses matters of race, to ask whether she was offended. She was not. )

But I firmly disagree that a racial reading of Chozick's story is "ridiculous," and I would counter that any failure on Chozick's part to recognize such is just a wee bit clueless

This HAS to be somebody's idea of a joke.

However, the Journal did run a correction yesterday, that the comment "I won't vote for any beanpole guy," was "elicited" by the reporter on a blog site, whatever that is supposed to mean. So I guess they are sort of taking her to the woodshed for that, though it's impossible for me to see how the racist/skinny connection can be made by anyone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    This HAS to be somebody's idea of a joke.

However, the Journal did run a correction yesterday, that the comment "I won't vote for any beanpole guy," was "elicited" by the reporter on a blog site, whatever that is supposed to mean. So I guess they are sort of taking her to the woodshed for that, though it's impossible for me to see how the racist/skinny connection can be made by anyone.
    It is NOT a joke Mundame. This is how far the liberal media will go to defend Obama. They are clearly in the tank for him, and have given up trying to cover up their bias

Ronald Reagan