Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

well all the "legitimate" news sources I have read say just the opposite of rolling stoned. The surge is working and its not even fully under way. Sadr has run off to iran. Hundreds of al queda and other thugs have been killed or captured, tons of arms and ammunition have been captured. The iraqi government is taking on a lot more of the responsibility and the people are coming forward to tell where the bad guys are hiding out. Sounds pretty successful so far.

Of course once we win there psyco will be really upset. Are you related to baghdad bob by any chance psyco?
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    well all the "legitimate" news sources I have read say just the opposite of rolling stoned. The surge is working and its not even fully under way. Sadr has run off to iran. Hundreds of al queda and other thugs have been killed or captured, tons of arms and ammunition have been captured. The iraqi government is taking on a lot more of the responsibility and the people are coming forward to tell where the bad guys are hiding out. Sounds pretty successful so far.

Of course once we win there psyco will be really upset. Are you related to baghdad bob by any chance psyco?
    Look at the big picture though. The violence is not stopping, there are still suicide bombings and death squads killing people on a daily basis. Increasing troop levels by 25,000 will help, but it won't solve the problem. To really secure Iraq I think we would need to increase troops levels dramatically more than what the President is proposing, and in the grand scheme of things I don't think that the sacrifices such a huge military operation would require justify the benefits for the United States.
    "Let me at least not die without a struggle, inglorious, but having done some big thing first, for men to come to know of." - Hector

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lance View Post
    Look at the big picture though. The violence is not stopping, there are still suicide bombings and death squads killing people on a daily basis. Increasing troop levels by 25,000 will help, but it won't solve the problem. To really secure Iraq I think we would need to increase troops levels dramatically more than what the President is proposing, and in the grand scheme of things I don't think that the sacrifices such a huge military operation would require justify the benefits for the United States.
    And its going to continue. You can't stop it all over night. We do need to at least get it to a point where it is iraqi's fight among themselves rather than the al queda stirring shit up. The iraqi government is undergoing a shake up right now with new ministers being appointed. There are new people coming into power that are not shite controled and things are going to get hot for a while longer. But the government is getting control of baghdad and the people are starting to go along with it. Suicide bombings are the work of al queda and the iraqi's are sick of them and are turning them in at every oppoortunity. Whatever happens with iraq will be an iraqi decision.

Have you read the reports of all the thousands that are moving back into their homes now? Those that ran away or were driven out are returning. Not reported by the media cause it would look like Bush was being successful. Check out IRAQ THE MODEL, a blogger who lives in baghdad and gives a running account of daily life and politics in iraq.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The war was won a long time ago, allied troops are now policing Iraq until the Iraqis are capable of going it alone, the trouble is we are being asked to police it with our hands tied.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    ....Otherwise I am as capable as anyone to discuss on any plane that is approproiate.
    Dunno about that. I've been reading your posts a while and so far its all been a waste of my time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

..... The surge is working and its not even fully under way. Sadr has run off to iran. Hundreds of al queda and other thugs have been killed or captured, tons of arms and ammunition have been captured. The iraqi government is taking on a lot more of the responsibility and the people are coming forward to tell where the bad guys are hiding out. .......
    Pretty much sums up the facts, right Psycho?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

....Check out IRAQ THE MODEL, a blogger who lives in baghdad and gives a running account of daily life and politics in iraq.
    You should post us a link.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then stop reading them, gawkmail.

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Dunno about that. I've been reading your posts a while and so far its all been a waste of my time.
    Even the article that is referred as giving the "other side of the argument" has been discredited by no less than FauxNews, or FoxNoise or what ever you call that heinous excuse for information dissemination.