Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Bin Laden's former driver guilty in terror trial

Another terrorist has had his trial, and was convicted of some of the charges

He could get life. The poor little terrorist cried as the decison was made

Bin Laden's former driver guilty in terror trial

GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba (CNN) -- A U.S. military jury found Osama Bin Laden's former driver guilty of five counts of material support to a terror organization in the September 11, 2001, attacks.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/06/...ial/index.html

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

how horrid, is this how you really want your justice system to work? With kangaroo courts? Disgusting.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    how horrid, is this how you really want your justice system to work? With kangaroo courts? Disgusting.
    He is not entitled to US Constitutional rights

I am glad the way he was tried. He is a fucking terrorist and should get the death penalty

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I see nothing unfair with the process since Congress wrote the law to overcome the SCOTUS problem. I much prefer it to the suggestions of Sharia law in both UK and Canada.

Kangaroo courts as you suggest are not that easy to come by, though a fine example can be found in Canada's "Human Rights" Courts.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I see nothing unfair with the process since Congress wrote the law to overcome the SCOTUS problem. I much prefer it to the suggestions of Sharia law in both UK and Canada.

Kangaroo courts as you suggest are not that easy to come by, though a fine example can be found in Canada's "Human Rights" Courts.
    I loved it when the big bad terrorist cried like a baby when he heard the verdict

He will spend the rest of his life in a cell

I hope he is kept in isolation until he goes to meet Allah

Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    He is not entitled to US Constitutional rights

I am glad the way he was tried. He is a fucking terrorist and should get the death penalty
    exactly... The have no rights...bit who cates they're terrorists, they don't deserve rights, right? Sickenning
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

exactly... The have no rights...bit who cates they're terrorists, they don't deserve rights, right? Sickenning
    You are right

They have no US Constitutional rights and are tried by the military. That is what happens during a war

Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

except this is a war like no other n will never end...but sure...who cares about rights and libberties and freedoms...we don't need em right?

It's amazes and disturbs me that you have no problems with this system that defies international law.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

except this is a war like no other n will never end...but sure...who cares about rights and libberties and freedoms...we don't need em right?

It's amazes and disturbs me that you have no problems with this system that defies international law.
    What rights do terrorists have?

Many who have been released have ben picked up again on the battlefield

Some ended up being homicide bombers and killed innocent people

How many people have to die before you people "get it"?

Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

What rights do terrorists have?
    Erm...i don't know...maybe basic human rights?..erm the right to a fair trail...the right to have there trail herd by equal peers...the right to hear all of the evidence that is being used to prosecute them...the right not to be tortured, to name but a few...but guess what, the driver did not receive any such rights....

Many who have been released have been picked up again on the battlefield.
    Some ended up being homicide bombers and killed innocent people.
    How many people have to die before you people "get it"?
    And what does that have to do with having a free and fair trail? I'm not saying let them all go, i'm saying put them in a free and fair trial, with the basic human rights that we all have, if they are found not guilty they are as free as you and i, but if they are found guilty then they can be punished and we can still have the dignity of being better than them...you do want that right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Erm...i don't know...maybe basic human rights?..erm the right to a fair trail...the right to have there trail herd by equal peers...the right to hear all of the evidence that is being used to prosecute them...the right not to be tortured, to name but a few...but guess what, the driver did not receive any such rights....

And what does that have to do with having a free and fair trail? I'm not saying let them all go, i'm saying put them in a free and fair trial, with the basic human rights that we all have, if they are found not guilty they are as free as you and i, but if they are found guilty then they can be punished and we can still have the dignity of being better than them...you do want that right?
    What rights do you think they should have beyond what Hamdan received?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    What rights do you think they should have beyond what Hamdan received?
    Nothing special... just the right to a fair trail...the right to have there trail herd by equal peers...the right to hear all of the evidence that is being used to prosecute them...the right not to be tortured.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Nothing special... just the right to a fair trail...the right to have there trail herd by equal peers...the right to hear all of the evidence that is being used to prosecute them...the right not to be tortured.
    Again, what rights do you see as missing?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Them all.

Right to a fair trail- Generalized by the lack of the following.

the right to have there trail herd by equal peers- The jury was made up of US military officers, not equal peers.

the right to hear all of the evidence that is being used to prosecute them- The prosecution was given the right to tell the jury 'secret evidence'...not too fair is it?

the right not to be tortured- The man is claiming that he was tortured, the US says he wasn;t...but the man was not held under the protections of the geniva convenction, so legaly he couldn't be tortured.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Them all.

Right to a fair trail- Generalized by the lack of the following.

the right to have there trail herd by equal peers- The jury was made up of US military officers, not equal peers.

the right to hear all of the evidence that is being used to prosecute them- The prosecution was given the right to tell the jury 'secret evidence'...not too fair is it?

the right not to be tortured- The man is claiming that he was tortured, the US says he wasn;t...but the man was not held under the protections of the geniva convenction, so legaly he couldn't be tortured.

how are those trials of the freedom fighter going in london....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus