Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Damn, is MFM now writing copy for DNCTV? This is taken right out of his rants for terrorist rights and how rotten America is

Olbermann: Bin Laden’s Driver Is ‘Victim’ of Bush Admin ‘Urinating’ on Constitution
    By Brad Wilmouth (Bio | Archive)
    August 8, 2008 - 02:40 ET

On Thursday’s Countdown show, one night after accusing President Bush of not doing enough to protect America from Osama bin Laden’s al-Qaeda organization before the September 11th attacks, MSNBC host Keith Olbermann seemed sympathetic to the plight of bin Laden’s former driver, Salim Hamdan, during the show’s regular "Bushed" segment which purports to update viewers on what the Countdown host sees as Bush administration scandals. Following Hamdan’s sentencing in a military court during which the judge expressed an apology to the bin Laden aide as he handed down a sentence that would make Hamdan eligible for release in six months, the American military indicated Hamdan may still be kept prisoner at Guantanamo Bay indefinitely in spite of the ruling, prompting Olbermann to accuse the Bush administration of "urinating" on the Constitution, and making Hamdan one of the "victims" of its "medieval" justice system. Olbermann: "So, besides urinating on the Constitution and the rights and freedoms every American soldier has ever fought to win and protect, the Bush administration has now decided that when its victims have actually served their sentences, doled out under its own medieval, quote, "justice," unquote, system, it still might not choose to set them free, thereby giving that Constitution and our country a second pass on the way out." (Transcripts follow)

Ironically, just the day before on Wednesday’s show, the Countdown host marked the seventh anniversary of a Presidential Daily Briefing from August 6, 2001, which has previously been hyped by the media as having been a warning that the 9/11 attacks were about to happen. During Wednesday’s "Bushed" segment, Olbermann claimed that the President was given a report "which he either did not read, did not understand or did not believe." And, although the report’s reference to surveillance of buildings in New York City was later found to be just the tourist activities of a group of Yemenis, Olbermann deceptively quoted a portion of the PDB which referred to "patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York."

Claiming that the PDB contained "all the information you could have wanted," Olbermann charged that President Bush "slept": "The President’s daily briefing seven years ago today, August 6th, 2001, entitled ‘Bin Laden determined to strike in U.S.’ mentions bringing the fighting to America, retaliating in Washington, wanting to hijack a U.S. aircraft, preparations for hijackings, surveillance done in New York, groups of supporters in the U.S. planning attacks – all the information you could have wanted. All of it in George Bush`s hands, seven years ago today, with 36 days left to interrupt or alter 9/11. So when you rhetorically ask, as Mr. Posner did in his exceptional book, ‘Why America Slept,’ the answer is actually a correction. America did not sleep, George Bush slept."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wi...g-constitution

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    No MFM Jr, the wacko left has done everything possible to undermine and smear the troops
    Please provide documentation of this to the Department of Justice. I'm sure they'll want to prosecute those guilty of undermining our troops for treason.

Libs like you and MFM have indeed put your party ahead of your country by the constant drumbeat of terrorists rights, and access to Federal Courts
    The law MUST apply to all or it applies to none. This is the message the Bush administration has consistently ignored in its pursuit of unlimited executive power. You and your fellow travelers have consistently supported the undermining of the Constitution in pursuit of some small measure of perceived security. It is your own petty fears...fears which the Bush administration has masterfully played upon since 9/11...which have helped lay the foundations for a fascist state in America.

Both of you are consumed with hate for Pres Bush all because he won 2 elections and denied you clowns your power
    Bush is not worth the emotional energy hatred...real hatred...requires. He is worth little more than the energy would expend in spurning a bit of offal with ones shoe. Oh, and it wasn't the democrats that engaged in voter caging in '04.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    Please provide documentation of this to the Department of Justice. I'm sure they'll want to prosecute those guilty of undermining our troops for treason.

The law MUST apply to all or it applies to none. This is the message the Bush administration has consistently ignored in its pursuit of unlimited executive power. You and your fellow travelers have consistently supported the undermining of the Constitution in pursuit of some small measure of perceived security. It is your own petty fears...fears which the Bush administration has masterfully played upon since 9/11...which have helped lay the foundations for a fascist state in America.

Bush is not worth the emotional energy hatred...real hatred...requires. He is worth little more than the energy would expend in spurning a bit of offal with ones shoe. Oh, and it wasn't the democrats that engaged in voter caging in '04.

MFM Jr, I have posted the video of the Dems smearing the troops you give the lame excuse of "they were taken out of context". Libs like you and MFM have turned your backs on the troops, smeared the men and women trying to keep your sorry ass safe; and defended the rights of terrorists

All you are concerned about is political power and if the troops get in the way you walk over them

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Harry "the war is losr" Reid at his best

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Ya know, Red, if you didn't actually believe the crap the right-wing noise machine vomits forth on a daily basis your posts would be funny. Instead, you're simply a tragic and saddening figure. Like the kid in school who doesn't quite measure up cognitively, you grasp at whatever straw passes by in an attempt to fit in and seem something more than what you are. in your case, a frightened, pathetic figure unable and unwilling to take responsibility for your own actions...Let someone else think for you, its their fault if something goes wrong. But having abdicated your rational faculties to others, you'll never see where these authority figure have gone wrong. Or, if you do, you will deny it.

Poor boy.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    Ya know, Red, if you didn't actually believe the crap the right-wing noise machine vomits forth on a daily basis your posts would be funny. Instead, you're simply a tragic and saddening figure. Like the kid in school who doesn't quite measure up cognitively, you grasp at whatever straw passes by in an attempt to fit in and seem something more than what you are. in your case, a frightened, pathetic figure unable and unwilling to take responsibility for your own actions...Let someone else think for you, its their fault if something goes wrong. But having abdicated your rational faculties to others, you'll never see where these authority figure have gone wrong. Or, if you do, you will deny it.

Poor boy.
    I have seen my once proud party that did what was needed to defend America, to a party of worthless cowards, smear merchants, and political hacks

You sir, and I use that term loosly, are a perfect example of why I am leaving the Democrat party that I have been a member of for my entire life. You trun away when high ranking Democrats insult and smear the brave men and women fighting in Iraq

You look away as the progress is being reported, and instead of cheering the results, you move the goal posts further back

You dismiss the success surge you opposed and call it a waste of resources (like another well known liberal hack who posts here and runs away from people who humilate him with facts) I guess this is as close to a thank you the troops will get from you

You still support surrender in Iraq, even though the troops have crushed AQ and other terrorists. Is your desire for political power so intense you would lose a war and give a victory to AQ to secure that power?

You, and MFM are a sick twisted political hacks of the worst kind; and an embarassment to the party I am still a member of

Both of you say you served, but something happened to both of you that caused you to lose your manhood and first loyality to your country

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by semi liberal girl View Post
    I have seen my once proud party that did what was needed to defend America, to a party of worthless cowards, smear merchants, and political hacks

You sir, and I use that term loosly, are a perfect example of why I am leaving the Democrat party that I have been a member of for my entire life. You trun away when high ranking Democrats insult and smear the brave men and women fighting in Iraq

You look away as the progress is being reported, and instead of cheering the results, you move the goal posts further back

You dismiss the success surge you opposed and call it a waste of resources (like another well known liberal hack who posts here and runs away from people who humilate him with facts) I guess this is as close to a thank you the troops will get from you

You still support surrender in Iraq, even though the troops have crushed AQ and other terrorists. Is your desire for political power so intense you would lose a war and give a victory to AQ to secure that power?

You, and MFM are a sick twisted political hacks of the worst kind; and an embarassment to the party I am still a member of

Both of you say you served, but something happened to both of you that caused you to lose your manhood and first loyality to your country
    same exact post you did in another thread. cut and paste spam.

and please feel free to get the hell out of the democratic party immediately!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    same exact post you did in another thread. cut and paste spam.

and please feel free to get the hell out of the democratic party immediately!
    You must have trouble reading - last paragraph was added

Come November you may se alot of people leaving the Democrat party. You will wish you acted more in the best interest of the nation then your cravings for power and control

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Both parties are populated by "...worthless cowards, smear merchants, and political hacks...". It's the nature of politics. Unfortunately they vastly outnumber the men and women of integrity, character and good sense.

No need to call me 'sir', I work for a living. You and your alter ego, Red, swallow and regurgitate the agitprop from the Administration and its right wing noise machine in an almost Pavlovian fashion, never making the effort to critically analyze exactly what it is you're being fed. Think for yourself. If you are able that is.

The only ones who have moved the goal posts are Bush and his syncophants...with their vague and poorly defined objectives. No commander in the field can succeed with such idiots giving them orders. Our troops have performed magnificently in carrying out orders which defy reason from the Administration. One cannot credit them enough.

I will gladly give credit where credit is due. Given that most of the troops wound up in Baghdad, it is easy to see why violence decreased there. It is also worth noting than Muqtada al Sadr declared a cease fire during the term of the Surge. Also of note is the "Awakening" in Anbar province was due more to Sunni militiamen being paid $10 a day by the US to keep AQI incheck rather than any real animus towards Al Qaeda.

Getting our troops out of the middle of a civil war which the Bush administration helped spark is surrender? Hardly. And now, Nouri Al Maliki has asked that US troops be withdrawn by a date certain. It's time for us to leave.

Your ignorance is surpassed only by your cheekiness. You are an empty-headed little poppet who couldn't reason her way out of a wet paper bag. You and your ilk are an embarrassment to the species. Do have yourself sterilized as you are dragging the rest of the gene pool down with you.

The ability to think and reason does not equate to the loss of one's "manhood". Such anti-intellectual clap-trap is the stock-on-trade of the GOP in general and the Bush administration in particular. Save your puerile, silly insults for those who will be impressed by them.

In short...Piss off dearie.
    Last edited by bullypulpit; 08-10-2008 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like so many who blindly support the party, you put your thirst for power ahead of your contry, reason, logic, and truth

You and your alter ego MFM are the reason the party is now looked at as a joke. We have damn terrorists endorsing our candidates. He have dictators praising our choice for President.

And why not? I see Democrats stand up for the rights of terorists. I see them go around the world ands smear America. The speech a Hugo Chavez makes bashing Amercia, and attacking Pres Bush can easily be mistaken for a specch Sen Obam would make. They are identical

Is is so damn sad to see what has happened to the party. It has been taken over by surrender monkeys and appeasers. Hacks who will do anything for power. Hachet men who will cut anyone off at the knees who dares to disagree with the days talking points

And then people like you BP and MFM who have sold their honor, integrity, and loyalty to the party - and forgot you are Americans first; Democrats second

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You must have trouble reading - last paragraph was added

Come November you may se alot of people leaving the Democrat party. You will wish you acted more in the best interest of the nation then your cravings for power and control

so you cut and paste one hate filled diatribe from one thread to another, add a few sentences and try to pass it off as something NEW and different?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Like so many who blindly support the party, you put your thirst for power ahead of your contry, reason, logic, and truth
    I have no thirst for power dearie. Just a good, cold lager every now and then. As for truth, you wouldn't know it if it bit you on the ass, got lock-jaw and died.

You and your alter ego MFM are the reason the party is now looked at as a joke. We have damn terrorists endorsing our candidates. He have dictators praising our choice for President.
    Please...provide specific references from reliable, independent sources as to just where a 'terrorist' or dictator has 'endorsed' any candidate.

And why not? I see Democrats stand up for the rights of terorists. I see them go around the world ands smear America. The speech a Hugo Chavez makes bashing Amercia, and attacking Pres Bush can easily be mistaken for a specch Sen Obam would make. They are identical
    No, dearie. Not 'terrorists' rights...human rights as laid out in US and international law and US treaty obligations...You know, the rule of law. Something which the Bush administration has only a nodding acquaintance with. PLease cite speeches By Caesar Chavez which is 'identical' with ANY speech made by Barack Obama. Provide links please.

Is is so damn sad to see what has happened to the party. It has been taken over by surrender monkeys and appeasers. Hacks who will do anything for power. Hachet men who will cut anyone off at the knees who dares to disagree with the days talking points
    Indeed, the McCain campaign and the Bush administration do tend to get a bit testy with anyone who fails to toe the party line or strays from their talking points. Te 'surrender monkey' and 'appeaser' labels are as dated as they are they are utter BS put out by the right wing noise machine.

And then people like you BP and MFM who have sold their honor, integrity, and loyalty to the party - and forgot you are Americans first; Democrats second
    Having never put yourself in harm's way for your country, you really don't know what you're talking about. I am an American citizen and a citizen of the world. These are not mutually exclusive, a fact which you fail to realize. As I am not a member of any political party, your assertion that I somehow sold anything is as false as it is uninformed, as are the great bulk of those wastes of bandwidth you call posts.

BTW...turn on your spellcheck.