Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Iraq has a huge budget surplus??? WTF???

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/...iref=hpmostpop

So let me get this straight:

We liberate them from a terrible tyrant. We help them write a constitution and form a government and train their armies and police forces. We continue to spend BILLIONS of dollars to spruce up their country and fix THEIR bridges and highways and schools and power plants...

and WE are paying $4/gallon for gas... OUR bridges are falling apart... WE are running the largest budget deficit in our history, in large part because we are paying all those BILLIONS to fix their place up...

AND THEY HAVE $80 BILLION DOLLARS OF BUDGET SURPLUS CASH THAT THEY HAVE EARNED FROM THE HIGH COST OF OIL - A GOOD CHUNK OF WHICH IS SITTING IN AMERICAN BANKS EARNING INTEREST HERE????

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

none of the usual conservative suspects care to step up and take a stab at this one?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/...iref=hpmostpop

So let me get this straight:

We liberate them from a terrible tyrant. We help them write a constitution and form a government and train their armies and police forces. We continue to spend BILLIONS of dollars to spruce up their country and fix THEIR bridges and highways and schools and power plants...

and WE are paying $4/gallon for gas... OUR bridges are falling apart... WE are running the largest budget deficit in our history, in large part because we are paying all those BILLIONS to fix their place up...

AND THEY HAVE $80 BILLION DOLLARS OF BUDGET SURPLUS CASH THAT THEY HAVE EARNED FROM THE HIGH COST OF OIL - A GOOD CHUNK OF WHICH IS SITTING IN AMERICAN BANKS EARNING INTEREST HERE????

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE????
    Careful there MFM you almost sound like a conservative with this post!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I think the Republicans that have remained behind, should emphasize that they want Iraq to spend the surplus on Iraq, cutting US spending. Couple that with the energy discussion, things would look better in the fall.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

none of the usual conservative suspects care to step up and take a stab at this one?
    Seems the Iraq government can better manage their budget them the Dem Congress can

Since when are we liberaters? You have called the troops infidels and occupiers

Not I expect you will respond to this post

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think the Republicans that have remained behind, should emphasize that they want Iraq to spend the surplus on Iraq, cutting US spending. Couple that with the energy discussion, things would look better in the fall.
    why can't they give us their surplus as a token payment to cover a smidgen of what we have spent so far? As I can recall, that is what Wolfowitz promised congress: that Iraqi oil money, and not American taxpayer dollars, would pay for the reconstruction. We have a huge deficit, they have a huge surplus. Doesn't that make sense?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

why can't they give us their surplus as a token payment to cover a smidgen of what we have spent so far? As I can recall, that is what Wolfowitz promised congress: that Iraqi oil money, and not American taxpayer dollars, would pay for the reconstruction. We have a huge deficit, they have a huge surplus. Doesn't that make sense?
    Then the Dems would rant how the war was about oil, and they were right all the time

No comment on post # 5?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Considering the shape their country is in, no I don't think it does. However, without a doubt, they should be picking up the pace and costs.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Considering the shape their country is in, no I don't think it does. However, without a doubt, they should be picking up the pace and costs.
    Saddam neglected it for over 30 years. The UN's Oil For Food was a cash cow for Saddam and other government leaders.

The Iraq government should be chipping in to help pay the bill

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Saddam neglected it for over 30 years. The UN's Oil For Food was a cash cow for Saddam and other government leaders.

The Iraq government should be chipping in to help pay the bill
    That's what I said. There infrastructure has been neglected for decades. Yes, now they should be putting in the money.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's what I said. There infrastructure has been neglected for decades. Yes, now they should be putting in the money.
    It is common sense, but when has governemnt at anytime be accused of common sense?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so then bush's plan worked..................

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

considering the shape that our budget deficit is in, I think it does.... especially when then aren't offering to pay us back. Were Wolfowitz, and the Bush administration LYING to us?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

considering the shape that our budget deficit is in, I think it does.... especially when then aren't offering to pay us back. Were Wolfowitz, and the Bush administration LYING to us?
    Maybe your messiah will put through a windfall profit tax on the Iraq oil and all our problems wil be solved

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I doubt lying is the right word, I hear they hate that.

You are entitled to your opinion, I already expressed mine.