Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Ron Artest

Anyone else follow the saga with Artest this past week? He was the guy last year suspended for 73 games for jumping in the stands and trying to beat the crap out of a few fans, as someone threw a cup of beer at him.

Last month he had his dog taken away from him for failing to properly feed and take care of him. Then this week he was arrested for allegedly hitting his wife. The Sacramento Kings immediately suspended him indefinitely, but for whatever reason reinstated him to the team today.

I know he's innocent until proven guilty, but this guy has too many run ins with controversy for my liking.

And who the hell wouldn't feed their dog? What a dirtbag!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

I was thinking the same thing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone else follow the saga with Artest this past week? He was the guy last year suspended for 73 games for jumping in the stands and trying to beat the crap out of a few fans, as someone threw a cup of beer at him.

Last month he had his dog taken away from him for failing to properly feed and take care of him. Then this week he was arrested for allegedly hitting his wife. The Sacramento Kings immediately suspended him indefinitely, but for whatever reason reinstated him to the team today.

I know he's innocent until proven guilty, but this guy has too many run ins with controversy for my liking.

Who the hell would beat their wife either?
    God bless America, but she stole the "b" from bless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The ClayTaurus View Post
    Who the hell would beat their wife either?
    Yeah, I know, I was being a wise ass by making the dog stick out in the matter. If the allegations prove true, IMO, he should be tossed from the team. I'm getting a little tired of these athletes getting to do whatever they please, get slaps on the wrists in the courts, and then getting to return to their respective fields and gain millions while being role models to the kids that watch them.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I know, I was being a wise ass by making the dog stick out in the matter. If the allegations prove true, IMO, he should be tossed from the team. I'm getting a little tired of these athletes getting to do whatever they please, get slaps on the wrists in the courts, and then getting to return to their respective fields and gain millions while being role models to the kids that watch them.
    He should have been removed from the league awhile ago. Any man with such a complete inability to control his emotions doesn't need to be making the kind of money they do. Problem is, he probably has a camp of people that make excuses for him so they can live off his ability.
    God bless America, but she stole the "b" from bless.