Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Pres Bush Isn't The Bad Guy

The left has an uncontrolled intense hate for Pres Bush. Conservatives has a huge disappointment in him.

No matter what, Pres Bush has done what he believed what is best and has not relied on polls to make his decisions

EDITORIAL: Bush isn't the bad guy

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The popularity of a president is notoriously fickle. Put your stock in polling and you can get a good sense of how the general public feels about the nation's 43rd president right now. But is he really the boogeyman he has been portrayed to be? The arbiter of all things evil and wrong with our country? Is there nothing good to his credit? History will be the ultimate judge, but we would argue that despite the "all-time low" ranking, it is not reflective of what this "unpopular" president has really accomplished during his eight-year presidency. Furthermore, politicians on the right and left who continue to capitalize on the president's mistakes for political fodder could do so to their detriment.

For a little perspective, consider that Mr. Bush had very high poll ratings (80 percent to 90 percent) throughout his first term. This is a president who inherited a recession, was rocked by corporate scandal, led in the midst of the worst terrorist attack on our nation and went to war. He also grew the economy, reduced unemployment to still record-levels, increased literacy rates, grew minority homeownership and small businesses, kept terrorists at bay, toppled a sadistic regime and reformed Medicare.

In 2004, Mr. Bush was re-elected with a 50.7 percent vote margin, including the support of 95 percent to 98 percent of the Republican electorate. He was determined to "spend his political capital."

Love him or hate him, he's been decisive and principled.

Today, the Democrats (including Barack Obama) bandy the word "Bush" as the worst insult one can receive (particularly when insisting a McCain presidency would be "a third Bush term.") It is almost understandable that Democrats would seize on the opportunity, but their visceral disdain couldn't be more smug, condescending and out of the realm of decency: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called President Bush "incompetent" and a "liar"; and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently called the president "a total failure."It seems there is absolutely no shame and no limit to cutting down a sitting president

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...t-the-bad-guy/

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Truth is we can only control ourselves. I think what some on the left have been saying about Bush since 2000 is way over the top. At first I was amazed, figured the election and the Clinton problems had made some of them snap, then realized they really were consumed.

Well the thing about 'hatred,' it is consuming, which is why there seems to be an absence of fresh ideas from them. The party of 'change' is all about 'change' without specifics, other than putting the current administration on trial during the first 100 days of the presumptive win by Obama. That's not 'change' and it's not leading, it's 'revenge.'

I think pmp started a thread about hate, could be someone else. I know last night, hjmick wrote a great post about the US, leadership, and pride. Makes more sense.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

The left hates an unbending conservative, president or otherwise. Part of their problem is he bent on medicare, campaign finance, NCLB...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Truth is we can only control ourselves. I think what some on the left have been saying about Bush since 2000 is way over the top. At first I was amazed, figured the election and the Clinton problems had made some of them snap, then realized they really were consumed.

Well the thing about 'hatred,' it is consuming, which is why there seems to be an absence of fresh ideas from them. The party of 'change' is all about 'change' without specifics, other than putting the current administration on trial during the first 100 days of the presumptive win by Obama. That's not 'change' and it's not leading, it's 'revenge.'

I think pmp started a thread about hate, could be someone else. I know last night, hjmick wrote a great post about the US, leadership, and pride. Makes more sense.
    I have never seen such a level of hate. Books and movies have been made about the murder of Pres Bush

Elected Dems have said how they would like to shoot him between the eyes

Liberal talk show hosts have said how they would like to see him beheaded by terrorists

Why? All because Pres Bush won 2 national elections and kept Dems out of the WHite House

Yes, Hjmick made a great post last night. I wish I could rep him twice for it

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    I have never seen such a level of hate. Books and movies have been made about the murder of Pres Bush

Elected Dems have said how they would like to shoot him between the eyes

Liberal talk show hosts have said how they would like to see him beheaded by terrorists

Why? All because Pres Bush won 2 national elections and kept Dems out of the WHite House

Yes, Hjmick made a great post last night. I wish I could rep him twice for it
    You really miss the concept of why Bush is despised. That he was inaugurated twice shows the level of ignorance in this nation, nothing more.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    You really miss the concept of why Bush is despised. That he was inaugurated twice shows the level of ignorance in this nation, nothing more.
    He was inaugurated twice, because he won twice. You may not like the results, but there they are.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    Is this the way Dems win voters over?

Vote for us or you are stupid!

April you have the arrogance part of being a liberal down perfectly

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He was inaugurated twice, because he won twice. You may not like the results, but there they are.

I acknowledge that. I am also entitled to think that the razor thin majority of registered voters who voted for Bush made a big mistake. And oddly enough, I think that his record low approval ratings would indicate that, by now, a good portion of those folks have come to their senses. I don't think that there are mnay people who believe we would have invaded Iraq if Gore had been president.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I acknowledge that. I am also entitled to think that the razor thin majority of registered voters who voted for Bush made a big mistake. And oddly enough, I think that his record low approval ratings would indicate that, by now, a good portion of those folks have come to their senses. I don't think that there are mnay people who believe we would have invaded Iraq if Gore had been president.
    Yea, NOW they have come to their senses

Obama drops 11 points since smearing America in Germany

If Gore was presient on 9-11 he would STILL be looking for the controlling legal authority to repsond

Not everyone puts their party ahead of their country MFM

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

There's always the next November. I guess it depends on the message and how voters perceive the message. How do you think your MAN will do?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's always the next November. I guess it depends on the message and how voters perceive the message. How do you think your MAN will do?
    I am hopeful for a democratic sweep in november.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm hopeful for McCain, and fewer than expected Dems in Congress. My guess, we'll split.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

and if not, the election was stolen, racist America was not ready for a black President, Dems did not get their message out, and/or the idiot voters did not understand what was best for them

Anything except the truth that the voters rejected liberalism

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    and if not, the election was stolen, racist America was not ready for a black President,
    Is there a "black" candidate in the running?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Is there a "black" candidate in the running?
    Valid point

Ronald Reagan