Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Edwards admits he is a scumbag er... he cheated on his wife (who has cancer)

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/st...5441195&page=1

Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate

In ABC News Interview, Edwards Says He Cheated, but Did Not Father Child

John Edwards repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extra-marital affair with a novice film-maker, the former Senator admitted to ABC News today.

In an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 42-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her.
    Last edited by actsnoblemartin; 08-08-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

He never fooled me for an instant. I always knew that he was a scum bag, and now he admits it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is that anything like McCain's leaving the wife who raised his kids to marry money? Just asking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post

John Edwards repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extra-marital affair with a novice film-maker, the former Senator admitted to ABC News today.

In an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 42-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her.
    great find Martin. My guess is there will be some spin in the next minutes, hours before this airs.

Edwards is toast.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Maybe his wife is a bitch? Who says he "cheated"? Maybe they had an "open marriage"? Wild speculation does nothing. Him having a kid outside his marriage is the LEAST important reason I don't care for him.

Him lying about it - that's worse than him doing it.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Is that anything like McCain's leaving the wife who raised his kids to marry money? Just asking.
    got any links to back that up, and do you condone edwards behavior?

I cant stand the hypocrisy of some democrats believe and act like they never do anything wrong
    Last edited by actsnoblemartin; 08-08-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Well, that seals Edwards' fate, for sure.

Now he will be elected President, and then re-elected in four years, just as that other lying adulterous Democrat was. Lucky for him he's a Democrat. If he'd been a Republican, he'd be kicked out of whatever job he has now and blacklisted from any political position for the rest of his life, even if he was later found innocent (which now seems unlikely).

Nice that we don't have to wonder any more, what will become of him.

P.S. Chalk up one more place where Ann Coulter is in trouble. She recently headed an article aboout Edwards "Only his hairdresser knows for sure", in a takeoff of an old TV commercial. But now far more people than that, know. So it's only a matter of time before the leftist kooks count this among her "lies".
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Reading the link - He told his wife, and his wife seemingly forgave him, two years ago.

It's a non-news story - had he not lied about it later.

got any links to back that up, and do you condone edwards behavior?

I cant stand the hypocrisy of some democrats believe and act like they never do anything wrong

Martin - relax. That user hates Men period. Also - that user has tried often to divert from the issue - as if McCain has ANYTHING to do with this story. It's a logical fallacy on part of that memer.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Reading the link - He told his wife, and his wife seemingly forgave him, two years ago.
    I read the link, and saw nothing about his wife forgiving him. It says she "became aware of the affair in 2006", nothing more. Perhaps the fact that she didn't kick his ass out and change the locks on the house, implies some sort of "forgiveness"? Or is is just more like "acceptance"?

BTW, does "forgiveness" include a permission that he can do it again all he wants, from then on? He appears to think so.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    i thought dems were better than pubs.....are you saying all you all are scum too....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Well, that seals Edwards' fate, for sure.

Now he will be elected President, and then re-elected in four years, just as that other lying adulterous Democrat was. ......
    I realize that you're being facetious here, but I can’t understand how anyone would trust this guy. He’s a fucking girlie-man. Remember that youtube with him and his hair. What a faggot. No one I know here in NC likes him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is Edwards still running for President?

Did he break the law by paying for the sex, like David Vitter?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post

nope he is just a liar....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post

he cheated on his wife, risking potential exposure to her or std's

were really going to get into a pissing contest about who is worse?

along as you acknowledge that your party is just as fucked up, as others, im happy... cause its the truth

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    I read the link, and saw nothing about his wife forgiving him. It says she "became aware of the affair in 2006", nothing more. Perhaps the fact that she didn't kick his ass out and change the locks on the house, implies some sort of "forgiveness"? Or is is just more like "acceptance"?

BTW, does "forgiveness" include a permission that he can do it again all he wants, from then on? He appears to think so.
    What did I miss in the article? I read he told his wife of it in 2006. The presumption was the affair stopped. I know his wife didn't leave him. Forgiveness was assumed on my part.

The only thing I'd consider trouble is - IF he confessed and received forgiveness, why continue to visit her? (shrug). Even for reason OTHER than sex it's bad news.