Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Considering I'm manic depressive as well, it's no surprise to me. Most of us are simply labeled "eccentric" or "moody" and go through life self-medicating such as we can. The depression is usually easy to spot, but the mania is the tougher diagnosis.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Holyy crap!!!!!!! jimnyc, bipolar!!!!!!! CSOB is too!!!!!! They tell me that I am also bipolar, manic depressive!!!!!!! I always thought that was a problem pretty much relegated to liberals!!!!! I've always just refered to it as being active and passionate about certain things!!!!!!!

What kind of meds do you take, jimnyc? CSOB already says that he self medicates. My doc put me on lithium for a while. I don't consider lithium a medication but more a simple mineral. I know that I can't take lithium so I go the CSOB thing as well.

BiPolar is not life threatening or even job threatening in most cases. It just means that we don't handle depression and anxiety the same as most do. Although I never like the depression stage, I just love the manic one although I can sometimes leave a trail of unhappiness behind me as I return to the normal phase of it. I understand that is just what we do.

Deal with it the best you can, jimnyc, CSOB and any others similarly affected. This is one monkey that won't stop no show, can you dig it??!???!?!?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Holyy crap!!!!!!! jimnyc, bipolar!!!!!!! CSOB is too!!!!!! They tell me that I am also bipolar, manic depressive!!!!!!! I always thought that was a problem pretty much relegated to liberals!!!!! I've always just refered to it as being active and passionate about certain things!!!!!!!

What kind of meds do you take, jimnyc? CSOB already says that he self medicates. My doc put me on lithium for a while. I don't consider lithium a medication but more a simple mineral. I know that I can't take lithium so I go the CSOB thing as well.

BiPolar is not life threatening or even job threatening in most cases. It just means that we don't handle depression and anxiety the same as most do. Although I never like the depression stage, I just love the manic one although I can sometimes leave a trail of unhappiness behind me as I return to the normal phase of it. I understand that is just what we do.

Deal with it the best you can, jimnyc, CSOB and any others similarly affected. This is one monkey that won't stop no show, can you dig it??!???!?!?
    Actually, I don't "self-medicate" - I have a regular prescription, but I'm not on the meds 24x7x365. So far the changes I've made in my lifestyle to reduce stressors and increase my health (eating and exercise) have helped me control the manic depression pretty well. When I made the comment about self-medication I was referring to the vast numbers of people who have a form of manic depression but never get treated for it.

It's a bitch to be sure, but it's manageable.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell