Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default More Than A Month Out But Summer Is Over

It's about 6:15 pm here. The sun is setting. Not so long ago this stage of 'evening' was about an hour and a half later. It's getting cool in the evening, from about 5 on. Sigh, before we know it Halloween will be here and we'll be shooting for turkeys.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

That is one of the things I love about Southern California. We have that "Endless Summer" that the Beach Boys wrote about.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    That is one of the things I love about Southern California. We have that "Endless Summer" that the Beach Boys wrote about.
    I don't know Gabby, seems I remember than in late July in LA, it got pretty cool right around 5, sun set *kabloom* about 8. My guess by mid August, all would be quicker.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

There's times here in So. Cal that even in October it seems like summer never ended.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

There must be at least one icicle in hell right now. I agree with Gabby.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    There must be at least one icicle in hell right now. I agree with Gabby.
    Oh you! Then you must just be a hot type of person. LOL! I remember wearing sweatshirts in the evening, standing on an over pass at Loyola Marymount, looking at the sunset. Probably 3rd week in July.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Oh you! Then you must just be a hot type of person. LOL! I remember wearing sweatshirts in the evening, standing on an over pass at Loyola Marymount, looking at the sunset. Probably 3rd week in July.
    I guess you just needed someone HOT, with you for that experience.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    I guess you just needed someone HOT, with you for that experience.
    Uh, one night I did have someone 'hot', umm, too hot. Most dangerous situation I ever felt I was in. A Palestinian professor who had come to our class, 3 days late, because of Israeli checkpoints according to him. Me being me, well I befriended him. Seems he got the wrong idea. He didn't expect a 'no' from a western woman. LOL! He wasn't walking real well, when I left him, quickly. First time I ever had to ask the professors to keep someone out of my group.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Uh, one night I did have someone 'hot', umm, too hot. Most dangerous situation I ever felt I was in. A Palestinian professor who had come to our class, 3 days late, because of Israeli checkpoints according to him. Me being me, well I befriended him. Seems he got the wrong idea. He didn't expect a 'no' from a western woman. LOL! He wasn't walking real well, when I left him, quickly. First time I ever had to ask the professors to keep someone out of my group.
    Sorry to hear that, it must've been scary for you.

Well we all know that when women say, "No!" they don't really mean it. It means for the man to force himself on her and she will eventually melt in his arms or at least that's the way Hollywood has portrayed women in movies. The guy grabs the woman, she says no, he forces a kiss on her, she melts and they end up in the sack. Thanks Hollywood.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's the middle of August and the mornings and evening here are chilly. The days are comfortable. Looks like no dog days this year.

As a teenager in California, even in January, when I got home from school, I would put on a pair of cut offs and a T-shirt and head out. Bare foot. Having lived in northern Indiana until I was 14 I never considered southern California as cold.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It's mid August in South Carolina. It's uncomfortably humid in the morning, stiflingly humid in the afternoon, and irritatingly humid in the evening. The sun sets around 7:30, just in time for the mosquitos to come out.

I hate summer in the south. Can you tell?
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    It's mid August in South Carolina. It's uncomfortably humid in the morning, stiflingly humid in the afternoon, and irritatingly humid in the evening. The sun sets around 7:30, just in time for the mosquitos to come out.

I hate summer in the south. Can you tell?
    That is something that does concern me when I think of relocation.

It's 8:30 am and it's only 66 F right now. It will warm up during the day, then start cooling off by 5-5:30. By 5:30 I need to turn on lights in kitchen or if reading. While I love fall, I'm always shocked when it starts to move in at the beginning of August.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That is something that does concern me when I think of relocation.

It's 8:30 am and it's only 66 F right now. It will warm up during the day, then start cooling off by 5-5:30. By 5:30 I need to turn on lights in kitchen or if reading. While I love fall, I'm always shocked when it starts to move in at the beginning of August.
    Seems like fall comes earlier every year.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    It's the middle of August and the mornings and evening here are chilly. The days are comfortable. Looks like no dog days this year.

As a teenager in California, even in January, when I got home from school, I would put on a pair of cut offs and a T-shirt and head out. Bare foot. Having lived in northern Indiana until I was 14 I never considered southern California as cold.
    same here Gaf, when i spent some time in Cali, i found it funny would people would start to don sweatshirts at night when it was only mid-60s. they would complain that it was cold.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Seems like fall comes earlier every year.
    Yep. Oh I do remember summers as a kid, when I noticed the street lights coming on earlier as school approached. I hated that, the rule was I had to get home within 5 minutes of the street lights coming on, then usually we could play on our block for another 1/2 hour of so.

I must say this year seems worse than before. Mornings and evenings are mostly downright cold, at least for Chicago in August.