Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default ATTN: Veterans - Miss your chance to join USAA?

Got this via Email. Just passing the word:

USAA has long been working toward serving the entire military community. Since our founding in 1922, we've expanded eligibility as we've grown our financial strength and built the operational capacity to accommodate additional groups of members. USAA is stronger today than at any time in our 86-year history, which enables us to offer the benefits of USAA membership to more military families than ever before.

I am very pleased to announce that USAA is opening membership to include the following:

• Military retirees who served honorably, regardless of when they retired
    • ilitary personnel honorably discharged on or after January 1, 1996
    • Widows and widowers of military members killed in action while eligible

After they join, spouses and children of the above may also be eligible to enjoy the benefits of membership.

www.usaa.com
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

That sounds like a remarkable organization. I hope as many vets as possible have a chance to join.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Got this via Email. Just passing the word:

www.usaa.com
    I've been a member for 22 years, great company.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I've been a member for 22 years, great company.
    31 years for me, I bank with them as well. No one can beat their insurance rates or service. Plus every yr they make a deposit into a savings account for you and if you insure your home with them they refund a portion of your premium every year.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

And hey if you rearend someone your rates shouldn't go up because USAA sticks it to the party that was rearended.

Sorry bad experience on the receiving end of USAA.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Maybe the person who was rear-ended was at fault? If not, the person who got hit - their insurance should have faught things.

Oh - and 9 years for me!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Maybe the person who was rear-ended was at fault? If not, the person who got hit - their insurance should have faught things.

Oh - and 9 years for me!
    This incident as well as another taught me a valuable lesson about trying to be reasonable with insurance companies. Don't! I will just retain an attorney when dealing with insurance other than my own in the future. I won't try to be reasonable or pleasant. I will just go for the throat right from the start.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Before I had USAA I had to fight my OWN insurance company with every claim.