Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ever too shy to thank a soldier? Watch this!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSfFYxSdKdo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSfFYxSdKdo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSfFYxSdKdo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSfFYxSdKdo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Thank you for the reminder. I try to say thank you to the members of the military whenever possible. Spending some time at O'Hare and downtown Chicago, (aka The City), it happens pretty often. Some of you would be shocked how many sailors spend time at the Museum of Science and Industry, the Art Institute, and The Field Museum. Not all of them are catting around.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Whenever I find myself in a restaurant with a member of the military, I always pick up their check, without hesitation. It's the least I can do for all they do.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Whenever I find myself in a restaurant with a member of the military, I always pick up their check, without hesitation. It's the least I can do for all they do.
    Do you do the same with police and firefighters? You should.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I try to talk to every soldier in uniform. I want to know the truth about the war.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Do you do the same with police and firefighters? You should.
    I thank firefighters but I don't give a shit about police, especially state cops.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    beautiful, absolutely beautiful

god bless you for putting that up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I thank firefighters but I don't give a shit about police, especially state cops.
    with all due respect, I think you suck for that. Police are just as important as firefighters, they are their to serve and protect YOU.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    I try to talk to every soldier in uniform. I want to know the truth about the war.
    do you respect them for their service, and do you thank them for it?

do you accept their answers even if you dont like/agree with them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    you are an honorable man

I admire you for that sir

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    with all due respect, I think you suck for that. Police are just as important as firefighters, they are their to serve and protect YOU.
    Some do, most are on ego trips harassing individuals for doing less than what they do all day, every day. When was the last time you witnessed a cop doing anything close to the speed limit, stop at a stop sign, actually driving with an awareness of their surroundings instead of gabbing on a cell phone.

I called the sheriff's department at 3 a.m. after I heard half a clip get fired off on the street behind me, I waited for them to show for an hour and went back into the house to argue with sycho on the board. 5 cars showed up one night when a neighbor called about my dog howling....... I was out of town but my neighbor across the street saw them in my driveway and on the grass.

What I have found is that many cops are the guys in high school that had their heads dunked in the toilet and this is how they will get everyone back. I talk to plenty, whether at the airport or around town, most are assholes that look at you like your crazy for even talking to them. I still usually leave them with "have a safe night", I'm just polite that way.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    do you respect them for their service, and do you thank them for it?

do you accept their answers even if you dont like/agree with them?
    For me I saw the stupidity of vietnam vets being spat upon and that disgusted me. My brother was one. My father was shot in Italy. No country can long survive with out a military that is well trained and supplied.
    I accept any answer given honestly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some do, most are on ego trips harassing individuals for doing less than what they do all day, every day. When was the last time you witnessed a cop doing anything close to the speed limit, stop at a stop sign, actually driving with an awareness of their surroundings instead of gabbing on a cell phone.

I called the sheriff's department at 3 a.m. after I heard half a clip get fired off on the street behind me, I waited for them to show for an hour and went back into the house to argue with sycho on the board. 5 cars showed up one night when a neighbor called about my dog howling....... I was out of town but my neighbor across the street saw them in my driveway and on the grass.

What I have found is that many cops are the guys in high school that had their heads dunked in the toilet and this is how they will get everyone back. I talk to plenty, whether at the airport or around town, most are assholes that look at you like your crazy for even talking to them. I still usually leave them with "have a safe night", I'm just polite that way.
    Thank goodness we have a professional force here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

A typically misguided response. Get back to me the next time some miscreant breaks into your home and shoots one of your kids.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    A typically misguided response. Get back to me the next time some miscreant breaks into your home and shoots one of your kids.
    I don't have kids and have more than adequate weaponry for a response when the alarm system wakes me up. I also live in Texas so I have the right to kill the pricks from upstairs before they have a chance to get completely through the door. After dark you can kill anyone on your property except someone with a badge.

Shit, I can have them killed, gutted and hanging in the freezer before the clowns from the Sheriff's office leave What-A-Burger. If you are counting on the police for protection, you are S.O.L., especially in California.